Advice needed on a car which will be sold in 7 months

Thread Starter #61
Giving it a second thought, did you mean "Brake & suspension problems"?
If not, please elaborate.
Yes breaking problem and suspension problem only.. Anything fishy?

Go for it maximas[thumbsup]. The price asked for that model seems fair to me. But dont forget to check out the service history and related reg document.
Service history! well I will check, and the source is very reliable .[clap]

Last edited:
I say go for it straightaway! Verna CRDI has a great performer under the hood and gives great FE too. The only thing you will have to compromise is on safety and features.

Maintenance is also okay and costs 5k for general service.

BTW i was going to suggest you look out for a used Corolla too.

Thread Starter #64
The only thing you will have to compromise is on safety and features.

I didn't get the point! could you elaborate more please if you dont mind.:please:

Maintenance is also okay and costs 5k for general service.

what is the interval

Last edited:
Verna doesnt come wit Airbags and ABS. Thats what dhaya meant.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #66
Airbags and ABS

Well I am not a racer anyway and very defensive driver and also I am not going to keep it for ever unless I fell in love with it like my suzuki fierro . (Using it for more than 7 years and spent 3 fold of its price on maintenance :stupid: )

Airbags and ABS

Well I am not a racer anyway and very defensive driver and also I am not going to keep it for ever unless I fell in love with it like my suzuki fierro . (Using it for more than 7 years and spent 3 fold of its price on maintenance :stupid: )
Not only racers need it. Many a times accidents happen not because of us but due to someone elses fault.

Anyways i wont go OT. Any further updates on the deal?

@ Maximas As Akash said Verna base model does not come with ABS and top-end does not have air-bags also! BTW is yours a base model?

The service interval is 10k kms!

Thread Starter #69
Not only racers need it. Many a times accidents happen not because of us but due to someone elses fault.

Anyways i wont go OT. Any further updates on the deal?
Yes you are correct .
And about the deal I had blocked the Verna and asked for little time to arrange finance it is above my budget 3lakhs any way I will try my best to complete the deal.

Thread Starter #71
No I haven't even seen it .But the source which arranges it is very reliable and we have done deal more than 3 or 4 cars even not seeing it .today an Elantra came here to our town for 2.75 l and which is in good, v.good condition . I will post picture tomorrow if possible and it is fitted with lpg kit .Is that OK to do in a premium vehicle and in lpg it runs very smooth just now checked.

i think that's a steal deal. just go for it. 2.75 L seems to be a fair price and AFAIK the LPG kit won't matter much.
what's the odo reading of the car and what about the year of mfg?

Thread Starter #73
i think that's a steal deal. just go for it. 2.75 L seems to be a fair price and AFAIK the LPG kit won't matter much.
what's the odo reading of the car and what about the year of mfg?
2004 and the Odo is 68k .And the car is not for me it was purchased for a friend before I came to know about elantra from 350Z so I missed the deal, and one of my friend took it but it dosent matter we can search a lot.

Thread Starter #75
Going to Chennai on Tuesday to see the Verna in person and if no accidents and all it will be sealed or else search will continue [thinking]
If search continues I will inform but I think there will be no need.

(I had an idea that my 100 post should be my ownership report about fierro but cant Will post soon the love with my bike)

Last edited:

Top Bottom