Advice for Speakers For Alto

Thread Starter #16
when it comes to speakers price is always for a pair only subwoofer are sold as a single pc.
if speakers not working at all then maybe because of some loose wire.
JBL GT5-S204 is a 4'' speakers and they can be fitted in almost any cars. dashbord.
cost aprox 1.2-1.3k.
Thanks Aditya. So i assume the price will be somewhere around 1.5k here, for a set of 2.

I assume you want speakers for the front only. try component speakers from JBL, Ground Zero, Illusion, Auditor or Kicker. All are good brands.
To justify the comp speakers, buy atleast a 2 ch amp, wont cost you much.
Thanks Rajeev. BTW whats the difference between Comp. Speakers and General Speakers. I am sorry for my stupid question but when it comes to ICE, i dont get these techy words.

Oh, and Akash wants in-dash speakers, not 6 inchers that will cut holes in his pockets and door-pads.
Exactly. No holes. I dont want to spend much time for ICE. And the 1.4k is for a set of 2 rite Arkin?

Last edited:
Akash! When a price is quoted for speakers, it is always for a pair! AFAIK, you can't get a single speaker except in the case of subwoofers.

Akash in simple words component speakers are better than these speakers which other members have mentioned. The overall sound quality is better. But i don think it will fit in your dash and you will also need a two channel amplifier to power it. Also i think your HU will be a very basic one.

So if you want component speakers you will have to surely spend around 6k for speakers alone and around 3k for two channel amplifier. But surely worth spending , the overall sound quality improves to a great extent!

sSince his requirement is basic, I guess he can do with 4k comps and no amp if willing to cut holes. I need an amp badly though for my i10.

Thread Starter #20
Akash in simple words component speakers are better than these speakers which other members have mentioned. The overall sound quality is better. But i don think it will fit in your dash and you will also need a two channel amplifier to power it. Also i think your HU will be a very basic one.

So if you want component speakers you will have to surely spend around 6k for speakers alone and around 3k for two channel amplifier. But surely worth spending , the overall sound quality improves to a great extent!
The budget is not an issue. The problem is the installers are very few here which is why i am not interested in any cutting and slicing.
As for my HU its SONY Xplod. Dont remember the model no. I want speaker(no issues with prices) which can fit in the dash and give a decent SQ.

Well i don know whether component speakers can fit in the dash of your Alto!

In your case its better you can stay away from components then , the cutting needs to be done neatly and the installation must also be done professionally and tuned properly.

But if you manage to find a good installer , do go for component speakers then. You will be amazed to see the improvement in SQ!

Thread Starter #23
Well i don know whether component speakers can fit in the dash of your Alto!

In your case its better you can stay away from components then , the cutting needs to be done neatly and the installation must also be done professionally and tuned properly.

But if you manage to find a good installer , do go for component speakers then. You will be amazed to see the improvement in SQ!
Ofcourse, if i can get a good installer i dont mind getting the comps with amp. I have time for all this. I will be getting the speaker/comps or whatever you guys recommend only after 20NOV.

That's good , try searching for a good installer in your area then.

Does your HU have USB function too? Can you try to get the model number? If your HU is having only 1 RCA output then component speakers will not perform to their full ability. Your HU should have atleast 2 RCA outputs.

Component speakers are much better for sound quality.

they are more expensive as the speakers come with their individual crossovers & tweeters. crossover allows the installer to tune the speakers, that is, filter the high frequencies to tweeter & low frequencies to midbass (speakers).

Thread Starter #26
Component speakers are much better for sound quality.

they are more expensive as the speakers come with their individual crossovers & tweeters. crossover allows the installer to tune the speakers, that is, filter the high frequencies to tweeter & low frequencies to midbass (speakers).
That was a good piece of info. I will try to post the details of my HU.

Budget! I havent decided yet. But i am not willing to spend much, i just want to replace my SONY speakers with some good ones. No amplifier, woofer and all. It should be able to give a decent SQ.

No way i am going to spend a fortune on ICE. I would rather go for some exterior mods which my ride badly needs.
Akash dont take me wrong but please make sure what you want because you dont wanted to spend much on ice and now you are thinking about compos(4k)+ amp(3.5k)+ wiring(.5k) so total should be more then 8k make sure you realy want all this.otherwise end of the day you will feel you did a mistake.

Thread Starter #28
Akash dont take me wrong but please make sure what you want because you dont wanted to spend much on ice and now you are thinking about compos(4k)+ amp(3.5k)+ wiring(.5k) so total should be more then 8k make sure you realy want all this.otherwise end of the day you will feel you did a mistake.
When did i say i will go for the comp+amp?
And you are correct. One should know what he wants. Basically i want a replacement for the speakers which went kaput.

The basic reason why i am avoiding comps+amp is due to unavailability of professional installer.

Ofcourse, if i can get a good installer i dont mind getting the comps with amp. I have time for all this. I will be getting the speaker/comps or whatever you guys recommend only after 20NOV.
because of this post,
-----------Next Post-----------
Akash i had a sony HU but i sold it because it was not going with my Amp and woofer, i am not saying they are bad but if you want to go for Amp, sub or comops you have to change your HU also otherwise you wont get that SQ.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Akash i had a sony HU but i sold it because it was not going with my Amp and woofer, i am not saying they are bad but if you want to go for Amp, sub or comops you have to change your HU also otherwise you wont get that SQ.
Come on, SONY HU is really bad. You know that[;)].

Basically i am thinking of JBLGT5-S204 if those are best replacements. BTW no JVC recommendations?

Top Bottom