Advice for Small Cheap & Best Deluxe Car

Thread Starter #1
I want to buy new small delux car . My budget is approximately 2.5 to 3.5 lac. Pl advice.

Thanks & regards
mridula

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Please take a look at the following thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-bike-shopper/1298-looking-buy-car-must-read.html)and answer a few basic questions which would help us to guide you towards perfect car suitable for your needs. For now, considering the mentioned budget of Rs.2.5 – 3.5Lakhs, there are some popular choices available, Such as;

• New Maruti Wagon-R LX: Rs.3,27,578
  • Chevrolet Beat LS: Rs.3,64,177
  • Hyundai i10: Rs.3,47,249
(Ex. Showroom, Delhi)

Amongst them, my personal pick would be Chevrolet Beat because of its modern-age design and standard basic functional features, otherwise if car will be kept for long term use with minimal maintenance costs; it should have to be the New Wagon-R. Also, if you are in a situation to extend the budget to a few thousands bucks more, Figo doesn't sounds a bad option either.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi MRIDULA, welcome onboard! you are free to introduce yourself in our Introductions thread

Since your location is not specified, we will consider the price range as ex-showroom. My short list in the specified range is:

1. Zen Estilo 2009 LX BS IV Rs.3,25,719
  2. Wagon R 1.0 LX Rs.3,33,424
  3. Chevrolet Spark 1.0 PS Rs.3,32,685
  4. Chevrolet Beat 1.2 PS Rs.3,44,807
  5. Hyundai i10 D-Lite Rs.3,46,755
You can find reviews on each of these cars with in our forum. Please spend time to read through it (and probably get more confused [:)]).

All these cars equally good. Looks are subjective and depends lot on personal preferences. Honestly, all these cars looks equally good. However, new Wagno R has K series engine with refreshed look. I have a Wagon R myself (mostly used by my sister) and its a very practical car, easy to drive and maintain. Split rear seat will come handy on several occasions.

i10 is one of the hot hatch and is really good pick. Excellent car to drive.

Chevrolet Beat is the new Spark in international markets. A new bread and as 350Z said, it has the modern-age design and standard basic functional features. Chevrolet Beat & Spark are the only cars you will get with power steering (with in this range).

Personally I don't like Spark (don't know why). Its just personal. May be because this is the out dated model.

If you are going to use the car for a daily use and are focused on the over all maintenance cost, efficiency and resale; then Wangn R is the one you should go for. If I have to pick one for my use, I will go for the new Wagon R [thumbsup]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
The base model of spark would cost approx. Rs.3.4 Lakhs on road Delhi, where as the Beat (Base) is Rs.3.6 Lakhs. So, Altogether, Beat appears to be a much sensible choice overall. Though, We need more details before concluding on a specific model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I would strongly suggest you to go for the new WagonR. Chevy spark too will fit your budget but it looks too small. So wagonr is nice bet for your budget.

So diff. between spark and beat is just 20K, then Beat make more sense. It has new looks and has lots of feature at this price.

Well the price actually depends on the location and prices are slightly higher outside Delhi!

My pick also new WagonR , good FE and also excellent maintenance and service backup from Maruti!

Top Bottom