Advice for ICE for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I am back again with queries, this time regarding ICE.

1. My car – Maruti 800

2. I don’t have any idea what my budget should be, but after going through some posts it seems I cannot get anything for less than 15 k.

3. I want a full set up but due to budget constraint the immediate requirement is a head unit.

4. No preference about brand. Anything good will do.

5. Music interest varied. Hindustani classical, soft rock, pop, trance, Bollywood romantics, ghazals, old country music … well I hope you get the idea.

6. Currently no audio setup.

7. The system should fit in the given space and the car should not look like junk store room. Sound quality should be good so that Indian classical does not sound like goat bleating or soft rock like machinegun.

My queries are as follows:

1. I have no idea about music system for cars but I gather from the posts that I need a head unit, at least 2 speakers, an amplifier, cables and a subwoofer. How much would the whole thing cost?

2. I am located in Bangalore. From where can I buy the music system?

3. What precautions should I take while buying and fitting these?

4. I bought my car from Maruti True Value. Will they be able to fit it?

Please help.

If you don't want loud music, a simple head unit you can go for JBL x333, which can play mp3, has a tuner,aux and usb option (no cd). cost approx 3000rs

Or consider pioneer 2150 (old but a good one) cd,aux,tuner and usb.
Go for 2 channel amp sony/jbl costs you 3000rs..
Wiring kit - 700 - 1000 rs
Speakers (oval pioneer,sony) 300/400 watts costs you around 2.5k.
Sub + enclosure - jbl costs you 3.5k..

I have got these in my 800..
check my thread..
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5044-my-car-my-maruti-800-a-6.html -Headunit
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5044-my-car-my-maruti-800-a-2.html

For your taste of music, I would highly recommend components in front without adding a subwoofer.
This will concentrate more on vocals, and will eliminate any sound-muffling problems usually created by sub.

Head unit:

USB only (Not iPhone compatible)
JVC KD-X30: ~ 3200/- (Chandigarh Carlife-Sec28 quoted me less than 3.2k for X30 and less than 4.2k for X40)
Good SQ, 2 Pre-outs, Parametric Equalizer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULmaeKhH43g

Front speakers:

Morel components: ~ 6.5k (They have awesome vocals, with better bass than most treble-friendly JBLs)
HERTZ ESK ~ 7k

Rear door/tray speakers:

Co-axials of same model as above components: ~4k

Adding a sub would require dampening, rattle-management, and extensive amp wiring.

Infinity
Morel

Last edited:
Need advice on ICE

Hi TAI gurus.
i ve got a maruti 800. the specifications of my ice are
Head unit- jvc kdr 521
amp- jbl gt X646 4channel amp. 800W
sub- jbl 1100W
front speakers- jcv 230 w 3way coaxials
rear speakers- xplod 300 W ovals mounted in box.
i would like you to suggest me the best possible connections for this configuration. presently the amp is connected to the rear speakers(xplod 300w) and the sub woofer. and 1 more thing, the front speakers are connnected to the head unit, but i can hardly hear any sound coming from it. i guess it needs to be tuned properly.
i would appreciate any advice.
thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
ICE setup for Maruti 800 - 2000 Model

Hi friends, i have 2nd hand maruti 800 2000 model petrol.It has cassette player not cd player. I am confused about the ice systems you gurus discussed in the forum..[roll] Pl guru..suggest me some simple music system set up with branding and cost involved. My budget is around 6K. I use car weekly once and i used to hear melody songs.

So i need some basic system which can produce some descent music to hear in weekend long travel..

I am from tirunelveli dist.So pl guru if anyone from tirunelveli..suggest me a place where i can fix it..

Thank you

Re: Need advice on ICE

Hi TAI gurus.
i ve got a maruti 800. the specifications of my ice are
Head unit- jvc kdr 521
amp- jbl gt X646 4channel amp. 800W
sub- jbl 1100W
front speakers- jcv 230 w 3way coaxials
rear speakers- xplod 300 W ovals mounted in box.
i would like you to suggest me the best possible connections for this configuration. presently the amp is connected to the rear speakers(xplod 300w) and the sub woofer. and 1 more thing, the front speakers are connnected to the head unit, but i can hardly hear any sound coming from it. i guess it needs to be tuned properly.
i would appreciate any advice.
thank you.
First tell me your Sub JBL 1100W has inbuilt amp or not ?? so that we can calculate total power of your complete setup. Also check how many RCA pre out behind your Head Unit.

Top Bottom