Aditya Patel Wins at Nurburgring

Thread Starter #1
Indian driver Aditya Patel team has won the 24 hours of Nurburgring in their class.[clap]

The Audi India supported driver was piloting an Audi TT-S for team Pro-handicap e.V in the S4-T category with seven other cars in the category.

Earlier in the weekend, the team had managed to qualify 7th in class and 121st overall.

The three-driver squad which saw Aditya partnered with Wolfgang Müller and Oliver Rudolph – completed a total of 126 laps of the 22.8-km Nordschleife layout, finishing 29 laps behind the race winning Phoenix Sport Audi R8 LMS.

Aditya began his final stint with the team in second place, 12 laps behind the leader and drove well to overcome the deficit.

He led the race before handing over the car to Rudolph the final 30 minutes.

In overall standings, Pro Handicap e.V was classified 59 out of 169 finishers.

Attachments

congo to aditya patel! well if karun and narian have made india proud in F1 racing..aditya is next man to make india proud in endurance races like this! [clap]

Thread Starter #3
He surely is going places, hope he get's all the support to thrive in racing and make our country proud.

Thread Starter #4
Aditya Patel to race in Audi R8 LMS Ultra

Class winner of the 24 hours of Nurburgring and Indian racing sensation Aditya Patel is all set to compete in the seventh VLN endurance race. His choice of car will be the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, which he recently finished testing. Aditya will partner with three times Le Mans winner Marco Werner for this race.

The R8 LMS Ultra is 40kg lighter than its predecessor and boasts of over 500Nm of torque. It also helped Audi secure the first place in the 24 hours of Nurburgring. Aditya said, “All I see before my eyes now is the starting line at the Nürburgring. That is my level of excitement. The testing was successful, the car is a superb piece of technology and combined with the expert partnership of the legendary Marco Werner, I am very confident about our capabilities in finishing the race. The Audi R8 LMS Ultra is powerful, has fantastic balance, is extremely stable around the corners and drives like none other on the track.”

The six hour ADAC Ruhr-Pokal-Rennen race will be held on the August 4, 2012.

Attachments

Top Bottom