Adiós Vista, Manza, Aria?

Thread Starter #1
Dear TAIians
What is your opinion on the current Vista/ Manza ?
1. Stop the Vista
2. Keep the Vista TDI alone as a taxi option/ start a Vista CR4 for this
3. Stop the Manza
4. Keep the Manza as it is a next level to the Zest
5. Keep all versions of the Vista and Manza along side the Bolt and Zest

My take-TML likes multiple options and will go for option#5.

Re: Adiós Vista, Manza?

Zest, bolt etc is not a new invention, such products are already there in skoda, vw, honda stable, Tata didn't manufactured similar cars in the past. This is because they didn't wanted to loose the tag' VFM +Light on pocket '.

What are zest, bolt? They are basically cars with more curves and corners and gadgets. Adding curves and gadgets is going to increase the cost of the car and would be placed near polo, micra , I 20, Amaze etc. Hence discontinuation of vista would lead to losing budget customers, taxi ppl, same is true for manza, on the top of it Manza is a full fledge sedan and there is no full fledge sedan portrayed along with zest and bolt.

Keep the lower versions of VISTA and higher versions of MANZA,that way overlap can be prevented and can manage a few hundred sales too.Keeping all the versions will be an inventory nightmare.
Very True. Just wanted to mention that TML has already stopped manufacturing of highest model of Manza (EXL) since they were not finding customers to pay 1L for Italian OEM seat cover and a few trivial features (BTW, those "Trivial" features are added to EX model). However, LS, LX and VX - no changes. But, I do agree that Vista top-end and Manza low-end competition should be stopped by following your advice.

TATA should have to continue TATA vista/manza cars target customers will be tight budget VFM buyers but before that TATA should revise some variants of both these cars before the launch of TATA Bolt & Manza.

revised variants should be like this

TATA Vista should be in three variants with two engine options(CR4 and Quadrajet75).

TATA Vista LS CR4:

-AC
-Power steering
-Front power windows(optional).

TATA Vista LX CR/Quadrajet75:

-AC
-Power Steering
-Front power windows
-Rear Power windows(optional)
-Integrated music system with steering mount controls.
-central locking
-Body color ORVM's and door handles.

TATA Vista VX Quadrajet:

-AC
-Power steering
-All door power windows
-integrated music system with steering mount audio controls
-centrel locking
-Tilt and adjustable steering
-Rear Defoger
-ABS with EBD
-60:40 rear slip seats.
-Body color ORVM's and Door handles.
-Alloy Wheels*

price range between: 4.90Lacks to 5.99Lacks price tag

TATA Manza should be in three veriants with one petrol and two diesel engine options

Petrol engine:- 1.4 safire90 or REVOTRON 1.2T.

Diesel engines:- 1.4L CR4 and Quadrajet75( 75BHP version is due to price deduction).

TATA MANZA LS CR4:

-AC
-Power steering
-Front power windows.

TATA MANZA LX Quadrajet75:

-AC
-Power Steering
-Front power windows
-Rear Power windows
-Integrated music system with steering mount controls.
-central locking
-Body color ORVM's and door handles.
-Tilt and adjustable steering wheel.

TATA Manza VX Quadrajet75:

-AC
-Power steering
-All door power windows
-integrated music system with steering mount audio controls
-centrel locking
-Tilt and adjustable steering
-Rear Defoger
-ABS with EBD
-Electrically Adjustable ORVM's
-Body color ORVM's and Door handles.
-Alloy wheels(optional).

Price range Between: 5.5Lacks to 7.1Lacks

So, at this price tag TATA Vista/Manza will be good option for Budget buyers and TATA can position TATA BOLT/ZEST cars above these cars.

Last edited:

Hi Sambit_mech,
I didn't know that.Just checked and found out that the highest version of MANZA is around 11 lakhs [surprise]!Then they shouldn't even keep that,better to go for a version which costs around 10 lakhs on road.There is no way someone is gonna part with that much money for TATA given the current scenario.Hope ZEST and BOLT change the perception about TATA.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Hi Sambit_mech,
I didn't know that.Just checked and found out that the highest version of MANZA is around 11 lakhs [surprise]!Then they shouldn't even keep that,better to go for a version which costs around 10 lakhs on road.There is no way someone is gonna part with that much money for TATA given the current scenario.Hope ZEST and BOLT change the perception about TATA.
Regards,
Aneesh.
I also come to know about it due to my recent purchase of Manza Diesel VX (a couple of weeks ago). Tata gives good discount and hence one will end up paying somewhat less than what is quoted. Also, I think that Manza is VFM till VX model. For airbag, rear window defogger and few avoiadable features like automatic climate control, electrically adjustable OVRM and follow-me on headlamp they are charging > 1L in EX model. I decided not to go for EX since I wanted to buy VFM saloon with tight budget.

BTW, perception doesn't change so easily! Maruti wanted to enter Taxi market and Tata personal segment - both of them failed. Why? I think perception. I think Tata has to work a lot to change the perception and launch many stunning VFM products. Baby steps of Zest and Bolt would just kickstart their voyage.

Last edited:

May be it is painful for all vista lovers, but to currect their taxi and Indica style cars, they should discontinue Indica, Vista, Indigo immediately. Can keep Manza as it is a spacious sedan and VFM doesn't have a taxi image. For better sales and image for future they need to do this. They can work a petrol car in the league of celerio, beat, wagon R. I am saying this after seeing the Bolt,Zest at Auto Expo

Hi Sambit_mech,
Regards,
Aneesh.
Hi Draneesh, In Hyderabad, the top end version of Manza is 9.77L OTR. the EXL version with genuine italian leather seats was for 10.36 (howeverthat is discontinued) Who ever gavethat info is probably wrong.

May be it is painful for all vista lovers, but to currect their taxi and Indica style cars, they should discontinue Indica, Vista, Indigo immediately. Can keep Manza as it is a spacious sedan and VFM doesn't have a taxi image. For better sales and image for future they need to do this. They can work a petrol car in the league of celerio, beat, wagon R. I am saying this after seeing the Bolt,Zest at Auto Expo
Discontinue of indica, indigo and vista is not good for tata because its makes big impact on fleet operators and for TATA due to tata misses VFM car segment because indigo,vista, indica cars are the most VFM money entry level diesel cars to own it and maintain it and comming to fleet operators for them Indica and indigo is a god gift cars they are always willing to own these cars if tata discontinue means they are trying to shift other tata cars like bolt n zest thats makes again big impact for tata [frustration]

So thats the main reason they dont do this[evil]

IMHO, Tata first needs to stop selling the Indica eV2 (the old model) and replace it with Vista CR-4 only for taxi purpose. Rest models should be phased off.

The bolt should come in the place of Vista offering both in petrol and diesel with decent price package.

Similarly for Manza, it's better they completely stop it and start selling the Zest, because the latter looks much more stylish and design wise too, it's great.

Keeping lots of models with the same name will add confusions.

First they should scrap off the 10 year old Indica and Indigo and bring the Vista CR4 and Manza base versions for fleet operators. By the way, Tata is also developing a small car to replace the old Indica.
Regarding the private buyers market, the Vista and Manza should be given a slight upmarket touch-up in order to differentiate from the fleet cars and sold only in three VFM variants.

Discontinue of indica, indigo and vista is not good for tata because its makes big impact on fleet operators and for TATA due to tata misses VFM car segment because indigo,vista, indica cars are the most VFM money entry level diesel cars to own it and maintain it and comming to fleet operators for them Indica and indigo is a god gift cars they are always willing to own these cars if tata discontinue means they are trying to shift other tata cars like bolt n zest thats makes again big impact for tata [frustration]

So thats the main reason they dont do this[evil]
Buddy I agree with you, with my little knowledge on brand marketing, I could say that you can't sail in two boats at a time. They either need to continue as a most preferred fleet choice OR a brand chosen for personal car !! either one of this is possible, so I prefer they need to select the second option for their future benefit[:)]

Buddy I agree with you, with my little knowledge on brand marketing, I could say that you can't sail in two boats at a time. They either need to continue as a most preferred fleet choice OR a brand chosen for personal car !! either one of this is possible, so I prefer they need to select the second option for their future benefit[:)]
What you told is true, and to add further, they have to learn a lot about providing a quality service if they want a market share in personal car segment, it's a good strategy of bringing VFM quotient in a car, at the same time, quality shouldn't be compromised, rather they should cover lots of buying aspects and release the car accordingly and subject to market conditions. This is what i urge TML to do in their upcoming cars and i bet it will definitely do magic for them.

Now The indica brothers are hugely seen as taxi cabs and Manza isn't taken well by its potential buyers, so this feedback should be taken seriously and act upon it

Top Bottom