Address Spelling Mistake in RC. Is it OK?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

bought a second hand alto and given for ownership change, Instead of SOUBHAGYA(my house name) its written as SOWBHAGYA. Is it ok or will it be a problem in future?[confused]

Thanks in advance. :)

I dont think it will be a problem. as long as your personal details are correct, nothing to worry about. Take my case. I bought my car. And soon after I got my RC book my address change. And when I am thinking of getting the address updated on RC book, I am about to relocate once again. [:)]

350Z

Core Team
bought a second hand alto and given for ownership change, Instead of SOUBHAGYA(my house name) its written as SOWBHAGYA.
You can keep it as long as the error doesn’t affect the name or its pronunciation to a great extent. Here I don’t think it’s the case. Just in case there is another house in the same region named “Sowbhagya” then it could be an issue. Can’t help but such errors are a norm across all RTOs in India. Here’s an interesting link.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
I dont think it will be a problem. as long as your personal details are correct, nothing to worry about.
Ok bro.:)

You can keep it as long as the error doesn’t affect the name or its pronunciation to a great extent. Here I don’t think it’s the case. Just in case there is another house in the same region named “Sowbhagya” then it could be an issue.
No other houses in such names and the pronunciation is same too.So i no problem.Will ask the RTO officer. :)

Top Bottom