Adding USB Function To a Non-USB Enabled OEM Head Unit

Re: Add USB functionality in OE HU of Wagon R VXi

I posted those links as indicative products that can be used. i am making inquiries on my own. I would appreciate any information. There may be compatible products like this. so gurus please look in to this.

Thread Starter #33

Kanna, Sorry for the late reply..
First : I'vent got an alternate usb option :(

I was in search of 2 din's and a dealer near my location told me that within 15K range he can provide me 2 din's that rocks(Don't have an idea about speakers).. but didn't get a chance to visit him after that.

Will update this thread if i get an info..

After more than one year of search I have come to the same conclusion to replace the stock HU.

But I don't want the stock HU to lay unused at home. So anybody want to have this stock HU in LXi please feel free to contact me.

Thread Starter #35

Sandeep, you can try selling to the dealer from whom you are taking the new unit.. (price they'll quote will be ultra low!)

Kanna, Sorry for the late reply..
First : I'vent got an alternate usb option :(

I was in search of 2 din's and a dealer near my location told me that within 15K range he can provide me 2 din's that rocks(Don't have an idea about speakers).. but didn't get a chance to visit him after that.

Will update this thread if i get an info..
Thank you. but i am not interested in changing the HU. it will spoil the dash. and if want to spent 15k i would have bought MGA USBA/IPOD adapter from MASS for 5K, if there are no other alternatives i may just do that!

but i think 5k for a USB accessory is too much, i could get a 350/- USB SD system and plug that into the AUX port as well.

but i want to retain the original looks atleast for 1 or 2 years.

but please ask that dealer if he can provide anything which may fit on the Nippon "NS67L0" OE HU. the CD changer port is 8pin round DIN.

Thank you. my mother's homeland is chertala, i have a bike with alp registration! good to meet you!!

Sandeep, you can try selling to the dealer from whom you are taking the new unit.. (price they'll quote will be ultra low!)
I had talk with couple of dealers long time back but they are not ready for buy back. Lets see if I can manage somebody who want to have stock HU in LXi.

Thread Starter #38

Thank you. but i am not interested in changing the HU. it will spoil the dash. and if want to spent 15k i would have bought MGA USBA/IPOD adapter from MASS for 5K, if there are no other alternatives i may just do that!

but i think 5k for a USB accessory is too much, i could get a 350/- USB SD system and plug that into the AUX port as well.

but i want to retain the original looks atleast for 1 or 2 years.

but please ask that dealer if he can provide anything which may fit on the Nippon "NS67L0" OE HU. the CD changer port is 8pin round DIN.

Thank you. my mother's homeland is chertala, i have a bike with alp registration! good to meet you!!

made some phone calls and here are the results

1. Stereo tone
, mamangalam Kochi : 9388845155
Don't have original accessory, they will add usb functionality for Rs.1250/- (Don't know how)

2. galaxy edapally , Kochi, 9349944545
Don't have for stock HU

3. CAR PALACE NEAR E.M.C. VENNALA , NH BYE PASS , COCHIN 9847411212
Got information that this may be available in Penta Menaka in Kochi.

4. CAR SHOPPEE RAMANCHIRA , THIRUVALLA :9539576516
Don't have.

I think I'll go to Penta Menaka this Saturday and check with the options available there...

OT: Good to hear abt the KL-4 affair.. :) Now a days new registrations from Cherthala are KL32...

Last edited:

Thank you, i will call the shops too. i will try to goto ekm and check these out

Something like this
mods please excuse double posting, since i saw that it is possible i am kind of restless as this will solve issues for many of the WagonR owners

What kind of an adapter is Ford selling, Adding USB to OE HU? please provide details

What kind of an adapter is Ford selling, Adding USB to OE HU? please provide details
Yes Kannan. It's nothing but an extension cord from HU with an USB Female Jack. The USB Male Jack is connected to the OE HU and the cord is extended to the glove box. Refer the pic below of USB cord been sold by Ford.

Some have done it themselves by spending just Rs. 150 - 200...[lol] But as usual, Ford will threaten with Warranty Woes in such cases.

Attachments

Yes Kannan. It's nothing but an extension cord from HU with an USB Female Jack. The USB Male Jack is connected to the OE HU and the cord is extended to the glove box. Refer the pic below of USB cord been sold by Ford.

Some have done it themselves by spending just Rs. 150 - 200...[lol] But as usual, Ford will threaten with Warranty Woes in such cases.
Thank you. and this cable plugs into the OE HU rear right? but sadly my OE HU has round 8pin DIN connector. [frustration].

The adapter listed by MSIL can Connect IPOD/USB, for5k. now i think if it is just USB cable might do the trick. i have asked one of my friend who runs an electronic shop to make inquiries about such cable/adapter. The companies should not charge such outrageous prices for simple gadgets.

Last edited:

Thank you. and this cable plugs into the OE HU rear right? but sadly my OE HU has round 8pin DIN connector. [frustration].

The adapter listed by MSIL can Connect IPOD/USB, for5k. now i think if it is just USB cable might do the trick. i have asked one of my friend who runs an electronic shop to make inquiries about such cable/adapter. The companies should not charge such outrageous prices for simple gadgets.
The adapter cost is a trick to earn money. They know it is very difficult to get this adapter aftermarket and one as to buy from them at whatever cost quoted by them.

I think the pin is 13 pin not the 8 pin. I have a picture of manual posted in my ownership thread.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/2565-my-dream-my-car-my-wagon-r-now-cng-3.html#post57610

Top Bottom