Adding USB Function To a Non-USB Enabled OEM Head Unit

Re: Add USB functionality in OE HU of Wagon R VXi

There is a small mp3 player wich supports pen drive.It connects to the cigarette lighter port an is connected to aux.IIt comes with a remote.It looks somthing like this:
cheap_car_mp3_player.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats on buying new car.

Don't you have an option of exchanging the OE with the one you want. Since you are buying new, you can demand the same.

Sometimes I feel that the SQ of my stock HU for Wagon R Vxi 1.0 is not that good compared to a Sony/Pioneer music system. I want to retain the original looks of the stock HU but want to improve on the SQ. Would it be good if I replace the stock speakers to Sony Xplode or JBL Infinity and use the stock Nippon HU?

Problem with using a FM modulator is the location of the lighter port in Wagon R. Also I have noticed that in potholes the music either skips or pendrive gets loose. I have bought 3 diff modulators so far and have noticed same problem with it.

I am using a FiiO iPod L cable and a iPod 8gb 5th gen through Aux to play the music. FiiO iPod L cable provides better sound output compared to the cheaper aux cables.

sorry for posting in this old thread... but i was wondering if vishnum got his USB adapter for the HU. i too bought a Wagon R VXi on September 2 and having trouble with the FM transmitter it hits my leg and sound quality id poor. i do not wish to change the HU if possible they said that warranty may void.

sorry for posting in this old thread... but i was wondering if vishnum got his USB adapter for the HU. i too bought a Wagon R VXi on September 2 and having trouble with the FM transmitter it hits my leg and sound quality id poor. i do not wish to change the HU if possible they said that warranty may void.
SQ will be poor with FM transmitter as it will transfer with 96 Kbps. If you are not willing to change the HU buy the Adapter from dealer but it is costly.

SQ will be poor with FM transmitter as it will transfer with 96 Kbps. If you are not willing to change the HU buy the Adapter from dealer but it is costly.
that's the quality difference... thanks for the info.. i never knew that the FM was transmitting @96kbps!!!

the adaptor from MGA costs 5000/-. are there any cost effective alternatives availabe?

if not, if i change the HU will it spoil the dash? has anyone done it? i am not much fan of ICE but since it was there i started using it. CD playing quality is good by my standard that was why i asked for possible USB option.

that's the quality difference... thanks for the info.. i never knew that the FM was transmitting @96kbps!!!

the adaptor from MGA costs 5000/-. are there any cost effective alternatives availabe?

if not, if i change the HU will it spoil the dash? has anyone done it? i am not much fan of ICE but since it was there i started using it. CD playing quality is good by my standard that was why i asked for possible USB option.
Currently there is not option for this adapter. I too searched it for long time but now gave up. I bought a aux-in cable and use my phone for playing music. But you have to relay on phone for prev/next which is most of the times troublesome as you have to look at the phone every time for using (prev/next) the functionality. So whenever I am driving alone I do not connect the phone for playing music. That time I have couple of CDs which I play or simply switch off the HU.

There are good 2 din HUs available in market which are far better than the stock HU and they look good too.

today i saw an i10 which was delivered just 2 weeks ago. i10 Sportz. i saw that the HU did not have a USB function but a small adapter was fixed in the slot below which has AUX and USB functionality. can anyone give more details on this whether this is a 13pin DIN connector? if can we pair this with OE HU for Wagon R?

sorry i couldn't find the edit button that why double posting. mods please merge. this photo is not from the friend's car but from internet. please comment

Attachments

i couldn't find the edit button! why i don't know if it is out there kindly guide me.. i hate to double post. and why don't someone respond? afraid to start a new thread.. as the discussion is active.
just learned that SX4 OE HU also has the ipod/USB adapter. kindly comment whether this can be used in WR?

350Z

Core Team

i couldn't find the edit button! why i don't know if it is out there kindly guide me.. i hate to double post.
Hello, Edit option is available only until 15 minutes after posting.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello, Edit option is available only until 15 minutes after posting.

Drive Safe,
350Z
thank god at least you responded and thanks for the info.
please someone enlighten me about the i10 or sx4 USB adapter and whether it can be used in WR OE HU

Hi all Please look at the following links and comment. i think MSIL charging 5000/- for USB adapter is outrageous. We should find an alternative.

Yatour
Kenwood

Please comment

Top Bottom