Adding a Power Lock Switch in Maruti Alto

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am finding it very difficult to understand if its actually possible to add a power door lock switch in an Alto? The switch which is there in most of newer cars (used to lock unlock from driver's side).

Pointers/Suggestions are welcome. Would prefer a DIY if its possible.

Its as easy as it can get. Get a remote security with Central locking. Autocop Nippon etc. My M800 has central locking, speed sensitive locking, and remote lock unlock. All this installed in 1998!
If u dnt want remote lock and others, just get central locking from Autocop or Xenos.

Thread Starter #3
@racerdabba: i already have central locking in my ride (sorry dint mention it earlier). Here i am talking about the small switch that is there on driver's door which is used to lock/unlock the car.
Hope i am clearly putting my point here.

i also ask the same question from several techs but they give me different answers. many ask me to lock - unlock the door using the remote when the car is on start but not moving. but its headache all the time.[confused]

Thread Starter #5
very true man. for me this doesn't work that way also. i have to pull/push knob every time which is very frustrating :frown:

Thread Starter #7
@racerdabba: Brother you too have an Alto? Man i would love to see this DIY. I have already planned for the same and got the necessary stuff but the only main part is the Switch (the lock-unlock one) is not available anywhere. Tried many shops and even at MASS. Hoping to find one this weekend but it will be nice if some inputs are obtained from like minded people.

What I understand from a power door lock is, after attaining a X speed car gets locked on its own ! It is nothing to do with the central locking pointer or nobe at the door. It is a feature, which is either provided by the manufacturer or the remote central locking device i.e. autocop, Nippon, cobra, zebra and so many others.

No shailinder. Please check my post #3 for details. I am not talking about the thing you mentioned; its already there in my central locking.
Hmmm. If that is not what you are referring too. Then I am completely [confused]. See in Alto there is a nob on four doors and from driver side you can lock or unlock all the doors by either pressing it down or pulling up. It gets locked once your car reaches to a certain speed (It is not a feature of Alto but a feature from remote central locking).

Now where I am missing the point [thinking]

Thread Starter #11
Shailinder you are right but what I am taking about is of an electrical type of switch and what you have understood is the one which is mechanical. Ill try to search some pic of it on google so that i can post it here for everyone's knowledge.

Thread Starter #12
Shailinder you are right but what I am taking about is of an electrical type of switch and what you have understood is the one which is mechanical. Ill try to search some pic of it on google so that i can post it here for everyone's knowledge.
Here is the picture attached. Hope it clears what the plan actually is [thumbsup]

Attachments

[frustration]ahhh. Well I have got the idea but the purpose would be the same as the nob has or is it different.

As racerdabba has suggested, let him perform DIY on it and come back with some plan. Probably then things will be more clearer for all (i guess)

Thread Starter #14
Yes shailinder purpose is any day of locking/unlocking [;)], but its the convenience that was the plan behind this DIY (yet to be completed since i am not able to find this switch itself). Once i get my hands on this switch i will incorporate this with my locking system. And if all goes well will post the complete DIY here[clap]

Top Bottom