Adding a Camera Below Left Rear View Mirror

@Lark63

Nice idea dude. I am really interested in this. Can you share the details on how you fixed the cam and how the power supply etc was taken.

I am using a rear view camera connected to Worldtech LCD monitor. The monitor also has provision to add one more camera. I have added an additional camera below the left rear view mirror looking forward and the image is viewable in the LCD monitor. This additional camera image can be viewed in V1 where as rear camera view is viewable in V2.
Here are the photos of the actual view from outside the car, driver seat view, image of the scene on the monitor,image of camera mounting. The advantage of using this arrangement is it gives a good view of left corner of the front bumper which is very difficult to visualise even for experienced drivers. Takes the guessing out of the game! [:)]
Hope this helps some more people.
great idea indeed.
what I also liked was the placement of the screen in the position you have placed.I think this worldtech model is intended to be placed over IRVM which is problematic for me since it does away with stock day/night RVM also I prefer the old school IRVM to be left undisturbed.
On the other hand this model has a relatively big screen /supports SD etc /and comes under 5k.
This placement provides a win-win solution.

Hi Lark,

Great job done. Just two question: does the camera came with the LCD or you have to purchase it separately? if so how much the camera itself cost? What is your car? And from where did you take the 12v power output? The whole unit turn on/got the power supply after the key position to ACC right?

Thanks in advance!

@Lark63 - Great job! I was searching for a similar setup and found your post. I intend to install a a similar setup in my car. Front left corner is really a blind spot for me.

Anyone else installed these? Are these available online from ebay or snapdeal or some other sites? Please share similar experiences and how you installed it, with pictures.

Thanks!

@ lark63 Wonderful job , can you please post a detailed info on how is it fixed, does it obstruct the movement of the mirror (opening & closing the mirror) and if it is water proof ?

I am interested to buy & fix the camera. Could please provide the details such as where it is available & fixing details.

I am from Kochi, Kerala

Top Bottom