Accidentally Filled Diesel in Petrol Car – Now What?

zengetz

Suspended
Re: Accidentally Filled Diesel in Petrol Car – Now What?

If accidentally filled diesel in petrol car then just add more and more petrol to it and it will get normal after burning all the diesel in it. Diesel won't give any harm to your petrol engine.

Did you know? A mixture of Kerosene and Diesel in a ratio of 1:3 respectively in a petrol engine will run the engine smoothly with some white smokes. [glasses]
No offence but this isnt funny dude.

Well , a beautiful morning turned headache for your friend, Shailinder. may be we all readers learnt from this .

I have a habit of reaching the fuel pump and parking adjacent to a petrol station (mine is petrol car) and loudly mentioning "NORMAL ....PETROL.... FULL TANK" after lowering my window. The engine is switched off , fuel lid is opened and the attendant asks to check meter "zero". Since i always (99%) fill full tank , the attendants fix the nozzle into my cars fuel inlet and use auto shut off and move away from car (no fumbling with fuel quantity unless meter is tampered)

Once filled , the receipt is always asked for and the odometer reading is promptly scribbled on it. Checking the receipt for rate & volume has been a habit too.Hope this habit of mine and many others helps all our fellow riders in avoiding any malpractices or goof ups.

Well , a beautiful morning turned headache for your friend, Shailinder. may be we all readers learnt from this .

I have a habit of reaching the fuel pump and parking adjacent to a petrol station (mine is petrol car) and loudly mentioning "NORMAL ....PETROL.... FULL TANK" after lowering my window. The engine is switched off , fuel lid is opened and the attendant asks to check meter "zero". Since i always (99%) fill full tank , the attendants fix the nozzle into my cars fuel inlet and use auto shut off and move away from car (no fumbling with fuel quantity unless meter is tampered)

Once filled , the receipt is always asked for and the odometer reading is promptly scribbled on it. Checking the receipt for rate & volume has been a habit too.Hope this habit of mine and many others helps all our fellow riders in avoiding any malpractices or goof ups.
+1 something which I also prefer and do. It is even better to get down from the car and check what is happening. You should never be in a hurry at a petrol pump.

Shailinder, any idea on the final cost?

Thread Starter #35

Well I do something similar to what you do. First I asks for "is your card machine working ?" After getting the confirmation I switch off my engine and gets down and stand near the dispensing machine to ensure ZERO and see the proceedings. After swapping, I take my card back and asks for the receipt and tally the same and calculate my mileage [lol] old bad habit.

+1 something which I also prefer and do. It is even better to get down from the car and check what is happening. You should never be in a hurry at a petrol pump.

Shailinder, any idea on the final cost?
Absolutely correct.

No not now. Estimation up till yesterday was around 7-8k but since we would be getting the car back tomorrow, we will get the exact amount by then only. [frustration]

Thread Starter #38
Ya they have given details to item to be changed and few mins back I confirmed from my friend about the proceedings. He confirmed that they cleared everything and started the car and kept it running idle for 2 hours approx. Would be giving delivery by today late evening or tomorrow some.

Let us hope for the best.

everything and started the car and kept it running idle for 2 hours approx. Would be giving delivery by today late evening or tomorrow some.
Thats good news, looks like so major damage.

Thread Starter #40
Well, my friend got the delivery on Saturday and paid some Rs. 4153/-. As per the bill, VW changed fuel filters, spark plugs and cleaned tank.

Car is running error free since then. Now issue with bunk manager is pending as the person is not available at bunk since Friday. My friend tried to contact but no revert so far.

I will share further updates once available.

rs4153 for fuel filter and spark plugs man!! thats huge a friend of mine had diesel filled in his optra the car smoked like hell and started missing end result tank had to be flushed fuel lines were purged and a new fuel filter needed spark plugs seemed fine i remember he paid around rs 1500.

Thread Starter #42

rs4153 for fuel filter and spark plugs man!! thats huge a friend of mine had diesel filled in his optra the car smoked like hell and started missing end result tank had to be flushed fuel lines were purged and a new fuel filter needed spark plugs seemed fine i remember he paid around rs 1500.
I do not have exact figures with me but Rs 4153/- inludes petrol for idle run and labour cost as well.

Well, my friend got the delivery on Saturday and paid some Rs. 4153/-. As per the bill, VW changed fuel filters, spark plugs and cleaned tank.

Car is running error free since then. Now issue with bunk manager is pending as the person is not available at bunk since Friday. My friend tried to contact but no revert so far.

I will share further updates once available.
So is the bunk manager slipping away now?
So better tell your friend to ask for the complaint book and express his views on the service and the damage they have done.
They will come for a compromise and pay your friend the amount.

Thread Starter #44
No Mukesh that is not the case. My friend visited him in person today morning and got Rs. 3000/- cash [surprise].

We did not think that bunk manager would give cash in return rather settle for petrol which he can manage. But he said, cash would be easy for him to manage rather fuel. Strange to me but we were fine with it.

So matter ends on a happy note. But this gives a good learning to all of us that pay attention and not only money while refueling.

Last edited:

No Mukesh that is not the case. My friend visited him in person today morning and got Rs. 3000/- cash [surprise].

We did not think that bunk manager would give cash in return rather settle for petrol which he can manage. But he said, cash would be easy for him to manage rather fuel. Strange to me but we were fine with it.

So matter ends on a happy note. But this gives a good learning to all of us that pay attention and not only money while refueling.
Yes i keep my eyes broadly opened, and don't speak to anyone who throws questions, Saar carda, casha..........???
The attendant later thinks, not to meddle with this guy.

And only reply once he fills it.

Top Bottom