Accessory Suggestions for Chevrolet Cruze?

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys.

I am soon going to purchase a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ (Manual) and was wondering which accessories I should install. Based on information from dozens of sources, I have prepared a massive list of potential additions. The problem is that I live in a small city (Siliguri) and I doubt that most of these will be available here.

I have a budget of about ₹1 lac. Can you guys take a look at the list below and suggest which mods aren’t possible, which ones I should prioritise and how much those mods would cost? I’d prefer not to void my car’s warranty, so any of my wants that would require me to do that can be scrapped. My goal here is to come up with a final list of things I should and can get done within by budget.
  1. Rear deck lid spoiler
  2. Twin exhaust tailpipes
  3. Turn indicator in external mirrors
  4. Xenon curve projector headlights with dynamic levelling and corner function
  5. Automatic headlight system with light sensor
  6. White LED position lights
  7. Automatic retractable headlight washers
  8. Warning lights on front and rear doors
  9. Corner function with front fog lights
  10. Rear fog light
  11. Daytime running white LED headlights
  12. Tyre pressure monitoring
  13. Parking sensors and speaker at front
  14. Parking display on central infotainment system
  15. Side door protective strips
  16. Audio player with touchscreen controls
  17. Colour display
  18. SD/MMC data card reader
  19. Seat cover
  20. Leather steering cover
  21. Retractable screens for rear windows and windscreen
  22. Auto-tilt of external mirrors on reverse gear selection
  23. One-touch operation for windows with bounce-back system
  24. Automatic closing of windows and sunroof on exit
  25. Automatically openable/foldable external mirrors on entry/exit
  26. Diffused footwell lighting
  27. Boarding spot lamps
  28. Reading lamps at the front and rear
  29. Illumination of luggage compartment with two boot lamps
  30. Rear mud flaps
  31. Front glovebox with cooling
  32. Boot mat
  33. Car cover
  34. Car perfume
  35. Foot mat
  36. Air pump
  37. Car inverter
  38. In-car refrigerator
  39. Chrome body side molding
  40. Illuminated door sill plates
  41. Tail lamp chrome garnish
  42. C-pillar chrome garnish
  43. Weather guard
Any help would be very appreciated.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Congrats for choosing Chevrolet Cruze, Aayush. You have prepared a long list of accessories but I’m surprised that there isn’t even one for safety? You’re basically looking for exterior enhancements. While it is possible to install many of them (Spoilers, Projectors, Chrome etc.) but remember that fiddling with electrical of car with accessories like xenon will void its warranty. I’d advice to start off with light and purposeful accessories in beginning like Parking Sensors which can be done from the dealership itself without affecting its warranty. You can later on carry on with heavy modifications and as far as mud mats, mud flaps, covers etc. are concerned, insist your dealer to offer them as complementary along with the car itself.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ohhh man that is one long list of accessories I have ever seen. [surprise]Congratulations Aayush on choosing to Cruze [:D].

As Vibhor suggested, negotiate hard with the dealer, these little things like mudflaps, cover etc should be provided by the dealer for sure, else tell them some other dealer is offering and you will book with them. The deal you're taking should have atleast these things complementary.

What are the extra discounts/freebies you're getting ?

Thread Starter #4
Right now, nothing. I’ll be buying it in April and the car is in ready stock, so I’m in no hurry to start negotiating yet. There is only one dealer in the city though, so the “I’ll buy from someone else” threat isn’t applicable here. :p

But you guys are right, I’m sure I’ll get the basic accessories for free.

What should I installed apart from those? ‘350Z’ mentioned the rear camera. Is it possible to install the automatic stuff I mentioned? For example, the automatic rolling up of windows when you exit the car?

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, there a whole lot of accessories planned for your cars buddy.

I am sure that you will get most of the small small accessories for free.
As you mentioned the window rolling up, have not seen yet in any car, you can better go and ask your dealer about that.
Also, my friend got a new honda city (2011 type model in 2012 because of 1 L discount) and is going to get a Navigation system from Map my india at a price of 15000. Check out that also. it can be used for other multimedia on your HU and reverse camera view can be displayed here.
Cheers.

Thats a great choice made buddy. [thumbsup]

talking about the accessories you mentioned-

Rear deck lid spoiler - I am not a fan of spoilers, but a Lip spoiler looks great on the chevy. Cost - 6K without paint.

Twin exhaust tailpipes - Would Void the warranty.

Turn indicator in external mirrors - Definitely get them.
Cost - 2800 ( Chevrolet authorized).

Xenon curve projector headlights with dynamic levelling and corner function - you can go for xenons and projectors , but i don't think corner and levelling function would be available.
Cost- 17K for A8 styled headlights

Automatic headlight system with light sensor- Can't be done.

White LED position lights - this is a cheap upgrade 150 for 2, 12 LED bulbs.

Automatic retractable headlight washers- Not possible

Warning lights on front and rear doors- Maybe done, not sure.

Corner function with front fog lights- Not possible.

Rear fog light- Not possible, But do upgrade your tail light to E class type LEDs.

Daytime running white LED headlights - 3800 for a pair

Tyre pressure monitoring - it can be done but i don't know the cost

Parking sensors and speaker at front- Those won't be required

Parking display on central infotainment system - Not possible on the stock system.

Audio player with touchscreen controls - 35-40K with GPS

Seat cover- Come on! you don't need seat covers for those nice leather seats!!

Leather steering cover- Already leather wrapped.

Retractable screens for rear windows and windscreen- 800 for a manual rear windscreen curtain. Can't say about the window ones.

Auto-tilt of external mirrors on reverse gear selection - Not possible

One-touch operation for windows with bounce-back system - Would void your warranty.

Automatic closing of windows and sunroof on exit - not possible

Automatically openable/foldable external mirrors on entry/exit - Not possible

Diffused footwell lighting - LED strips for both sides front( underneath dashboard) and rear around 4K.

Boarding spot lamps- i don't know what these are.

Reading lamps at the front and rear- can be done by chevy.

Illumination of luggage compartment with two boot lamps - there is enough light in there !

Rear mud flaps- 1400 for 4 mudflaps

Front glovebox with cooling- Can't be done.

Boot mat- Chevy would give you

Car cover- 1500- 2000 by chevy

Car perfume- Ambi pur[:D]

Foot mat - Get transparent or black ones over the carpet.

Air pump- very much needed . 1300 bucks.

Car inverter- store it in the centre armrest . Can't say about the cost, i got it from Dubai.

Illuminated scuff plates- 6K , please get them from your dealer only.

What colour are you buying?

lxi.

Suspended
Aviral, thanks for the information you have provided. Actually, most mods cant be done on the car :(, But the bill for the above mods is 85950Rs. approx. 86000. Rest money out of that 1 lac can be spent on Alloys!

Thread Starter #8
Thanks, but I don’t want to change the alloys. I find the default ones good enough. When I eventually have to change it after 20,000 – 25,000 kilometres, I’ll install better ones.

@Aviral,
You, dude, are awesome. Seriously, you’re the shiznit! You’ve made this so much easier for me. Thank you. :)

I’m buying it in Switchblade Silver.

I’ve rethought some of these accessories and have decided not to install the parking and audio system enhancements. The parking sensors on the Cruze are very good and I have no need for a touchscreen in my car. It already allows me to hook up my iPhone to it and control it via the steering wheel, and that is all I need.

So I’m leaving that out and, based on your feedback, I’ve whittled down the list to the following:
  1. Rear deck lid spoiler
  2. Turn indicator in external mirrors (from Chevy)
  3. Audi R8’s Xenon curve projector headlights with LED DRL (2 HID bulbs and ballasts)
  4. White LED position lights
  5. Warning lights on front and rear doors
  6. Tyre pressure monitoring
  7. Side door protective strips (from Chevy)
  8. Seat cover (from Chevy)
  9. Leather steering cover (from Chevy)
  10. Retractable screens for rear windows and windscreen
  11. Diffused footwell lighting
  12. Reading lamps at the front and rear (from Chevy)
  13. Mud flaps (from Chevy)
  14. Boot mat (from Chevy)
  15. Car cover (from Chevy)
  16. Car perfume (from Chevy)
  17. Foot mat (from Chevy)
  18. Air pump (from Chevy)
  19. Car inverter (from Chevy)
  20. In-car refrigerator (from Chevy)
  21. Weather guard (from Chevy)
I do have a few more questions though (for anyone, not just Aviral):

Rear deck lid spoiler - I am not a fan of spoilers, but a Lip spoiler looks great on the chevy. Cost - 6K without paint.
Any idea where I might be able to get it from? Accessory shops in Siliguri don’t stock these things, so perhaps someone could give me the contact info of a reliable seller in some other city and I could ask them to send it to Siliguri?

Xenon curve projector headlights with dynamic levelling and corner function - you can go for xenons and projectors , but i don't think corner and levelling function would be available.
Cost- 17K for A8 styled headlights
Same question, where can I get them? Also, would these include HID bulbs and ballasts as well as the DRLs that the A8 headlights have? Would I need to buy something like this in addition to it?

Rear fog light- Not possible, But do upgrade your tail light to E class type LEDs.
Will have to look into this.

Tyre pressure monitoring - it can be done but i don't know the cost
Any idea how it’s done? Where will I get the pressure reading? (Although, if I am getting an air pump, this seems unnecessary…)

Seat cover- Come on! you don't need seat covers for those nice leather seats!!
Why not? If someone spills something on them or they otherwise get dirty, wouldn’t I have to get it reupholstered just to get it cleaned?

Leather steering cover- Already leather wrapped.
Same question. The default upholstery needs protection from the elements, doesn’t it?

Car inverter- store it in the centre armrest . Can't say about the cost, i got it from Dubai.
What does this thing do? Is it just for charging devices?

Also, is it worth it to install side door protective strips and weather guard? Do they really protect anything? And have you seen Chevrolet’s in-car refrigerator? Sounds like a good addition to me but I’m wondering where I’ll store it.

Last edited:
Its completely my pleasure buddy. After all you are a fellow CRuzer ![evil]

I believe you can get the spoiler and lights from kolkata or maybe you can get in touch with tuners from delhi ( like autopsyche) and ask them to courier your stuff.
Yes the projectors include the complete HID kit and the audi like DRLs plus you can get Corona rings on the projectors too ( its complete custom thing get whatever suits your style) .

TPMS system consist of 4 wireless sensors. I don't know whether they replace the valves or are mounted on them. The values are displayed on a small screen mounted on the dashboard.

now seat covers also depend completely on you , because i get my complete interior dry cleaned every 4 months. ( mine is the older gray interior model thats why get pretty dirty easily)

yes basically inverter is just for charging devices.

Weather gaurds spoil the looks! Can't say about the protective strips.

Chevy's refrigerator is stowed in the boot , i have not seen one though.
or else go for a black and decker one, it has both heat and cool functions. It is placed as an armrest on the back seat.

The stock JK tyres are terrible, i bought 6 tires in just an year.!

Plus they offer 0 grip in a car like cruze.

the stock tire size is 205/60 R16
Go for 215s. and that too of a good brand like Yokohama or michelin.
I know its a very small upsize but it would definitely improve the dynamics of your car.

Thread Starter #14
Improve the dynamics in what way? Wouldn't increased grip come at the cost of comfort? Also, if they are not going to last long anyway, wouldn't it make sense to just replace them with better tyres when they bite the dust?

Which ones did you go for, and how much did they cost?

Top Bottom