Accessorizing My New Hyundai Elite i20

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I booked my Elite i20 Pristin Blue today with Shreenath Hyundai. Planning to get few things done to my car , please help me with your views on it and if there is any else which is required to be done.

Painting the Brake Calibre : Red Colour what would be the cost ??
Alloys : Black What would be the cost ??
3M Paint Protection Film : What would be the cost ?
Seat Covers Orchis : 7K
Black colour Roof : What would be the cost ??

:-) I stay in Mumbai hence please advice me where i can get these things done and what would be the approximate cost for the same.

Re: Modification cost for the Elite I20 Pristin Blue Colour ?

Hi All,

I booked my Elite i20 Pristin Blue today with Shreenath Hyundai. Planning to get few things done to my car , please help me with your views on it and if there is any else which is required to be done.

:-) I stay in Mumbai hence please advice me where i can get these things done and what would be the approximate cost for the same.
Painting the Brake Calibre : Red Colour what would be the cost ?? NO IDEA
3M Paint Protection Film : What would be the cost ? If you mean to say the PLASTIC FILM then for whole body it would be around 50000.
Seat Covers Orchis : 7K [Look out for AutoFoam, cost around 10000]
Black colour Roof : What would be the cost ?? Please do not go for it. During summer you will understand the phenomenon of "Light/Heat absorbing material."

Hi All,

Congratulations for the booking. [:)] On an average, all these modifications would cost you ~31k.

Brake Caliper : DIY/Get it painted from a professional painter. DIY would cost ~200/300 bucks. Add another 100 bucks if you get it done from a painter. Any colour costs the same (powder coating type).

Alloys : Cost depends on brand and design. 15" alloys would cost ~15k+ for a set of 4. Brands like Lenso would cost more, better stick to Indian brands like Plati, Neo, Prestige, etc.

3M PPF : Cost would be ~5k for the bumper edges and lower part of the doors. No point in getting the entire car covered with this. Areas prone to scratches like bumper edges and door (lower part) should be covered with PPF. Getting it on ORVMs would also be helpful.

Seat Covers : You can get good quality seat covers (Eagle, Autoform, etc.) between 5k to 10k, depending on quality and design. Look out for material thickness before deciding.

Black Colour on Roof : It would look extremely classy and would cost ~3k (not sure) for black sticker on roof. Painting the roof would also cost the same (or even lesser) but you can't revert back to the blue roof after painting. Go for the sticker. It would be available at 3M shop. My personal choice would be matte black over pearl/gloss black.

For the PPF and Black Roof, you can approach any 3M outlet in Mumbai. For other things, I don't have any idea.

Regards,
Nikunj

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Hey thanks for the suggestions .

Brake Calibre seems to be pretty cheap will get it checked locally.

Alloys will be using the stock ones but will get it painted black, hence need to find out how much it will cost.

3M PPF : As its currently new in the market seems to be little exp but i feel its really worth it. Current charge i found out was 500rs per square feet.

Covers : Orchis Seat covers in Mumbai ( Vikhroli ) are really good and custom Fit.

I guess 3M PPF and Brake Calibre / Alloys coloring is the only thing left for which i need to get exact quote.

Congratulations for the booking. [:)] On an average, all these modifications would cost you ~31k.

Brake Caliper : DIY/Get it painted from a professional painter. DIY would cost ~200/300 bucks. Add another 100 bucks if you get it done from a painter. Any colour costs the same (powder coating type).

Alloys : Cost depends on brand and design. 15" alloys would cost ~15k+ for a set of 4. Brands like Lenso would cost more, better stick to Indian brands like Plati, Neo, Prestige, etc.

3M PPF : Cost would be ~5k for the bumper edges and lower part of the doors. No point in getting the entire car covered with this. Areas prone to scratches like bumper edges and door (lower part) should be covered with PPF. Getting it on ORVMs would also be helpful.

Seat Covers : You can get good quality seat covers (Eagle, Autoform, etc.) between 5k to 10k, depending on quality and design. Look out for material thickness before deciding.

Black Colour on Roof : It would look extremely classy and would cost ~3k (not sure) for black sticker on roof. Painting the roof would also cost the same (or even lesser) but you can't revert back to the blue roof after painting. Go for the sticker. It would be available at 3M shop. My personal choice would be matte black over pearl/gloss black.

For the PPF and Black Roof, you can approach any 3M outlet in Mumbai. For other things, I don't have any idea.

Regards,
Nikunj

Hey thanks for the suggestions .

Brake Calibre seems to be pretty cheap will get it checked locally.

Alloys will be using the stock ones but will get it painted black, hence need to find out how much it will cost.

3M PPF : As its currently new in the market seems to be little exp but i feel its really worth it. Current charge i found out was 500rs per square feet.

Covers : Orchis Seat covers in Mumbai ( Vikhroli ) are really good and custom Fit.

I guess 3M PPF and Brake Calibre / Alloys coloring is the only thing left for which i need to get exact quote.
Here in Faridabad, it is around 1800 bucks for painting the alloys and calipers to matte/gloss black. I think it should not cost more than 2500 bucks in any case. [:)]

Expect the charge to be ~500 per alloy. 3M PPF charges can only be confirmed by visiting the 3M outlet. About the seat covers, you can get them if you like them. 7k is a competitive price for seat covers and existing users of the brand can confirm.

Personal suggestion : Get the roof wrapped in matte black. Alloys powder coated in matte black. For the calipers, you can try a gloss red shade (or your car's blue colour since red is very common). 3M PPF can be installed on all bumper edges and door handle cups.

Regards,
Nikunj

I would suggest Gloss balck rather than Matt black .
It looks like you have painted your car's roof with black ,other one is outdated in trivandrum [;)]

Brake calliper painting here is 2500 4 tyres(Incl paint cost)

Thread Starter #7
i am going for a pristin blue colour hence just confused which colour brake calibre would look good ??
If i paint the alloys to black ??? and the roof and the OVRM glossy vinly black ?? will it look good or not.

not able to find many i20 elite modified cars

ORVM to glossy black - Ok
Alloys - To black i think you can try other colours,black is simple, try metallic shades like even gold and siver combination looks cool with blue.(I will post sample pics later)
With blue - I think red shades will be good.(i am not a fan of calliper painting ,hence don't know much on its looks)

If i do in my swift ,my combination-
Orange callipers
Anthracite /black (Gloss) alloys

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
i was thinking the same like keep the stock colour alloys and paint the break calibre to red or orange glossy finish. Will wait for your sample photos.
OVRM and the c Pillars thinking of getting the glossy black lets c how it looks. This will also help the ovrm from getting scratches.
Applying the black glossy vinyl on the roof is on hold..need to check the cost for the same.
Currently now thinking of painting the beige dashboard to black or dark blue or put black carbon fibre . too many things on my mind ...:P
ORVM to glossy black - Ok
Alloys - To black i think you can try other colours,black is simple, try metallic shades like even gold and siver combination looks cool with blue.(I will post sample pics later)
With blue - I think red shades will be good.(i am not a fan of calliper painting ,hence don't know much on its looks)

If i do in my swift ,my combination-
Orange callipers
Anthracite /black (Gloss) alloys

My suggestion would be :

Matte Black Roof
Matte Black Alloys
Gloss Red Calipers

Don't mess with the ORVMs, they look good anyway. [:)] Photoshop experts could carry out such modifications for you to know how they will look. Don't think of too many modifications on a new car, since you don't know how well these modifications will gel with each other. Be on a safer side and check pictures online before finalising anything. Ain't the C-pillars already black (plastic covering) on the Elite i20?

One more combination can be :
Off White Roof
Gloss Black Alloys
Gloss Red Calipers

Regards,
Nikunj

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
i just called my dealer today and told him to allot me the model which is coming with the touch screen HU. First he was telling me that sir its not coming .. trying to fool me as end of month and he wanted to complete his sales order. Then i escalated this issue to the manager and vp level for giving misleading information. Now they sent me mail stating that by 2nd week of july they getting touch screen HU and they can allot me the same , but cost might change. Fingers crossed lets wait n watch :p

thanks for the suggestions let me try editing some pic on photoshop with these colour combo which u suggested .
I though off Glossy Black roof / Glossy C pillar / ovrm glossy black / Stock colour alloys with Red glossy break calipre. [glasses]

My suggestion would be :

Pristine Blue Car
Matte Black Roof
Matte Black Alloys
Gloss Red Calipers

Don't mess with the ORVMs, they look good anyway. [:)] Photoshop experts could carry out such modifications for you to know how they will look.

One more combination can be :
Off White Roof
Gloss Black Alloys
Gloss Red Calipers

Regards,
Nikunj
atttaching some pic of dashboard mod in international version .. looks so brillaint

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock alloy colour (assuming silver, right?) won't look good on the heavily done top portion (gloss black ORVMs, C-pillar and off black roof). Off black and Matte black would be similar colours I think. If you are visiting 3M, get the roof done from them in Matte Black. Cover the B-pillar and C-pillar with Carbon Fibre trim, it will definitely give that sporty appeal. If you are fine with CF, get it on the ORVMs as well. Get the alloys painted in gunmetal grey/gloss black with gloss red calipers.

The car would surely look like a bomb without costing one! [lol] :stupid:
PS. My personal advice would be NOT to mess with the interiors. You may end up with a weird looking ride. The stock colour combo isn't that bad. In this phase (waiting for the car), you'll end up with many ideas (weird as well as normal) for the car but it is best to begin modifications after spending some time with the car. For the interiors, you'll get used to them within a short time.

Which alloys are you getting with the car? Diamond cut?

Regards,
Nikunj

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
[clap] now this sound like a a great idea...but do u think black matee roof would look go with pristin blue ???? and the black alloys ?

Stock alloy colour (assuming silver, right?) won't look good on the heavily done top portion (gloss black ORVMs, C-pillar and off black roof). Off black and Matte black would be similar colours I think. If you are visiting 3M, get the roof done from them in Matte Black. Cover the B-pillar and C-pillar with Carbon Fibre trim, it will definitely give that sporty appeal. If you are fine with CF, get it on the ORVMs as well. Get the alloys painted in gunmetal grey/gloss black with gloss red calipers.

The car would surely look like a bomb without costing one! [lol] :stupid:

Regards,
Nikunj

If you are getting the diamond cut (2 tone ones) alloys, then don't even think of getting them painted. They simply look SO MUCH brilliant and better finished than any paint job you may get. Just get the calipers painted to gloss red, it will look nice on the diamond cut wheels.

Regarding the roof, matte black or gloss black, both would look good. Matte black would provide a sleeper look (which I prefer) whereas the gloss black would become bling-bling, due to the car's blue colour itself. Getting matte black on the roof would be playing it safe. First get only the calipers painted and roof covered with matte black, then slowly understand the design concept you are aiming for and get subsequent modifications done (to the ORVMs and pillars).

Regards,
Nikunj

Last edited:

Top Bottom