Accessories For Volkswagen Ameo

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am more or less decided on which car to go for.
Its going to be a VW Ameo Comfortline (P). I need help in deciding the accessories to go with the car. I requested VW dealership to get me a rear parking sensor for which they said it would cost me 55k extra as they have to change the entire music system to include the rear camera blah blah. I was pretty disappointed. Any effort to get it done from outside will void the warranty. I am at a loss to imagine I will have to shell out 55k on this. All I need is a rear parking sensor which off late is a necessity than a luxury.
Any inputs on this appreciated.
Secondly I am making a list of things I will need.
1. phone holder
2. 12V charger
3. Aux cable
4. Dashboard camera ( to show the world how pathetic my driving is :P)
5. key chain with a belt cutter and glass breaker)
I know its a weird list. Please help me with more stuff and where to buy these.

Lastly, do you guys think Ameo is the best bet at 7.5L. Thats the max I can go with my budget. Already stretched my budget by 1.5L :)
Thanks you

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Few questions before buying VW Ameo

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am more or less decided on which car to go for.
Its going to be a VW Ameo Comfortline (P). I need help in deciding the accessories to go with the car. I requested VW dealership to get me a rear parking sensor for which they said it would cost me 55k extra as they have to change the entire music system to include the rear camera blah blah. I was pretty disappointed. Any effort to get it done from outside will void the warranty. I am at a loss to imagine I will have to shell out 55k on this. All I need is a rear parking sensor which off late is a necessity than a luxury.
Any inputs on this appreciated.
1. phone holder
2. 12V charger
3. Aux cable

Lastly, do you guys think Ameo is the best bet at 7.5L. Thats the max I can go with my budget. Already stretched my budget by 1.5L
Hi buddy, I would suggest go for a trusted after market brand for electrical accessories. It is never advised personally by me to opt for such accessories from dealers because they mint money from customers as they don't earn much on car's sale. The list given by you isn't that weird and you may buy the above from open market.

Also, In my personal view, I wasn't impressed with performance of the Petrol Ameo. Here are my observations. If you can wait then wait till festive season as all brands come out with discount schemes. Also, suggest you to check Xcent and Aspire as well. Amaze looks nice after face-lift but the air-intake issue makes a mess of it, Dzire looks too dated now and Zest, if you are Ok with the brand's image, then go ahead and check it out.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Hi buddy, I would suggest go for a trusted after market brand for electrical accessories. It is never advised personally by me to opt for such accessories from dealers because they mint money from customers as they don't earn much on car's sale. The list given by you isn't that weird and you may buy the above from open market.
Can you throw some names of some trusted after market brands. Preferably in Bangalore area.
Secondly, does warranty get void if I opt for a parking sensor from outside VW dealership.

1. phone holder
2. 12V charger
3. Aux cable

Lastly, do you guys think Ameo is the best bet at 7.5L. Thats the max I can go with my budget. Already stretched my budget by 1.5L :)
Thanks you
Amazon.in is an option to consider for these but make sure you spend some time researching ratings and reviews before you buy them.

For key chain, buy from safetykart.com--resqme keychain( glass breaker and seatbelt cutter) rs 900.

for charger, buy a samsung or nokia car charger. will cost below 500 and wil be fine for most cell phones. I bought samsung for 350 i think.

You can just opt for rear parking only with sound guidance, it works well, i have one in my polo.

Ameo is a good car , only difference with other vw is it does not has rear protection. Rer protection is offered by vw,skoda and fiat, other carmakers skip it.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Secondly, does warranty get void if I opt for a parking sensor from outside VW dealership.
Any modification / addition from aftermarket which involves slicing/cutting of the OEM wiring would definitely void the warranty of the vehicle. Also inexperienced mechanics who do these electrical fittings at large in shops increase the risk of short circuit.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Your responses do help a great deal.
Will definitely post back when I buy the vehicle.

By any chance does anyone know whether there is a chance of Ameo prices going up in the near future? or Polo prices going up or down?

Thanks everyone. Your responses do help a great deal.
Will definitely post back when I buy the vehicle.

By any chance does anyone know whether there is a chance of Ameo prices going up in the near future? or Polo prices going up or down?
Have you test driven the Ameo? Have you driven it with at least 3 people in city traffic? Are you sure you want to buy it?
We can only speculate about prices . Ameo (P) prices may have to be reduced once Diesel- which is expected to perform up to expectation- is introduced. Polo prices will definitely come down since it needs to compete with Sedan Ameo.

Thread Starter #9
Have you test driven the Ameo? Have you driven it with at least 3 people in city traffic? Are you sure you want to buy it?
We can only speculate about prices . Ameo (P) prices may have to be reduced once Diesel- which is expected to perform up to expectation- is introduced. Polo prices will definitely come down since it needs to compete with Sedan Ameo.
Hello,

I did test drive Ameo for 2-3km with 3 people in hosur road traffic. I am not someone who drives regularly. The last time I drove was over 2 years back, and thats my dad's car (Wagon R old model)
So I would not know the difference between the engine performance. All I have done is read team-bhp and automotive and other reviews. I understand its a low power engine.

Any reason you asked these three questions?

Thank you.

bhvm

Honoured Member
55k is quite a loot for sensor Functionality.
These days you can get a rear camera+ Screen in about 5k. Warranty shouldn't be affected as camera+screen is a separate system with no wire tapping into default music system.

The list you prepared 1~5 is pretty simple, No qualms.

Something from my Side-
Upgrade Headlamps to LED/HID
Addition of OEM fogs (if your variant doesnt have them)
Addition of Underseat amp & woofers (if you're a music buff)
Teflon/ PPF coating to keep scratches at bay!
Floor mats
Perfume
Alloy wheels with nice rubber.
Door visors.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
55k is quite a loot for sensor Functionality.
These days you can get a rear camera+ Screen in about 5k. Warranty shouldn't be affected as camera+screen is a separate system with no wire tapping into default music system.

The list you prepared 1~5 is pretty simple, No qualms.

Something from my Side-
Upgrade Headlamps to LED/HID
Addition of OEM fogs (if your variant doesnt have them)
Addition of Underseat amp & woofers (if you're a music buff)
Teflon/ PPF coating to keep scratches at bay!
Floor mats
Perfume
Alloy wheels with nice rubber.
Door visors.
Thank you.

There are quite a few folks around in my friends group who are wondering why I am going for the Ameo. PS. I was initially inclined towards the Polo, but decided on Ameo later.
I looked at the VW brand and its safety features (ABS and Airbag) and 6.5lac was my budget. (eventually had to stretch it by a lac).
Just a bit confused now

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ameo is nothing but polo with a Stretched boot. VW provides good safety but the engine lacks performance. its clearly underpowered for the higher weight & Drag of Ameo.

There are quite a few folks around in my friends group who are wondering why I am going for the Ameo. PS. I was initially inclined towards the Polo, but decided on Ameo later.
I looked at the VW brand and its safety features (ABS and Airbag) and 6.5lac was my budget. (eventually had to stretch it by a lac).
Just a bit confused now
My suggestion is you could actually wait for the Tata Kite5, which is far more spacious, comfortable and cheaper and way better looking as well. It will be launched by October or November. It has better power than the VW 1.2L 3cyl Petrol too.
Else you always have the Ford Aspire, Tata Zest which, although not as high equipped as the Ameo, is certainly a bit easier on the pocket, legs and the eye as well.

Thread Starter #14
Ford having dropped their prices, Ford Figo Trend is coming at 7.75L (on road Bangalore). I am talking about their diesel variant.
According to reviews I read their diesel engine is a good engine. It may lack some of the features of Ameo but I dont care that much about cruise control. The Trend variant doesnt have ABS though! The handling is also given as a negative in some of the reviews.
I am already stretching my budget by quite a bit.

Last edited:
Wondering if you have considered Tiago Diesel XZ? I believe it costs around 6.9L on-road Bangalore which is within your budget too. Ticks off safety features as well except being a three pot engine.

Top Bottom