Accessories for my new Swift Vxi

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,
I bought a new Swift Vxi - Sunlight Copper. I wanted to know what are the first and most essential accessories to be fitted in it. I also have a question which is bothering me. Can I get the colour matching reverse sensors for my car. Now don't tell me to go and check in the shops. I can't because I am not in India now. I will do that once I land in India.

The other thing is about some good places in Vizag where I can find accessories at good price and good workmanship.

Thanks once again.

Essential Accessories:
1) Twinkle Twinkle Reverse horn
2) Jet black tints
3) Fake hood scoop sticker
4) 'Terminator' Stickers on both side doors
5) Horn OK Please sticker on rear glass
6) Air horn

More than enough... this would make you car look killer, literally!

Kidding bro! What is your budget for accessories? you can consider-

1) Nice alloys + Fatter rubber - Would look cool in a swift
2) Window tints
3) Leather seat covers
4) ICE upgrade (In Car Entertainment)
5) Yes, you will get coloured reverse sensors
6) European horn (skoda/benz type)

Each point has lots of options to discuss on & a lot of products depending on your budget. so finalize that first & then we can discuss about individual accessories.

Thread Starter #3
Essential Accessories:
1) Twinkle Twinkle Reverse horn
2) Jet black tints
3) Fake hood scoop sticker
4) 'Terminator' Stickers on both side doors
5) Horn OK Please sticker on rear glass
6) Air horn

More than enough... this would make you car look killer, literally!

Kidding bro! What is your budget for accessories? you can consider-

1) Nice alloys + Fatter rubber - Would look cool in a swift
2) Window tints
3) Leather seat covers
4) ICE upgrade (In Car Entertainment)
5) Yes, you will get coloured reverse sensors
6) European horn (skoda/benz type)

Each point has lots of options to discuss on & a lot of products depending on your budget. so finalize that first & then we can discuss about individual accessories.
Thanks brother.

Yes it seems we both were confirming the list via telepathy. I had all the accessories in my list except for the European horn.

My order of accessories fitment was something like this:

1. First gate crash into the local Maruti dealer (Varun Motors) and get the keyless entry and also confirm on the warranty nullify accessories

2. Then go for the leather seat covers. I don't believe in budgeting. Anything that looks good and feels good, go(od) for it.

3. Then comes the master blaster of an ICE. I have shortlisted the Pioneer 6050 2 DIN. This looks good. I need suggestions on speakers. I believe components in the front and coaxial in the back would be the ideal setup. No amps please. I dont want the thieves to start marking my car for the next break in.[frustration] Somewhere I read paper cone components give a nice output. Your suggestions would be invaluable in this matter. I would have preferred a DVD system, but they are too expensive to even taste them.

4. Yeah then come those window tints and reversing sensors, horn etc etc.

5. The alloy wheels are the last in my list. I am not so craze about alloys. Maybe if my budget allows then I will consider them.

But all these can only happen when I am in India. I am getting impatient (please bear with me) to drive my beauty.

Also suggest me any alternative 2 DIN ICE with prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
My suggestion will be:

1.Remote locking
2.Window tints
3.European(Skoda type )horns and a simple reverse horn
4.Art leather seat covers
5. A decent ICE with component speakers.

Why do you a prefer a 2-DIN player? I single DIN is better actually and is cheaper.

Thanks brother.

Yes it seems we both were confirming the list via telepathy. I had all the accessories in my list except for the European horn.

My order of accessories fitment was something like this:

1. First gate crash into the local Maruti dealer (Varun Motors) and get the keyless entry and also confirm on the warranty nullify accessories
Dont fret over warranty. Maruti would crib even if you fit an aftermarket horn. thats just a smart business move, they want you to fit everything from them, thats it.

2. Then go for the leather seat covers. I don't believe in budgeting. Anything that looks good and feels good, go(od) for it.
Stanley - you got a customer. show him your finest nappa leather costing Rs. 80,000! [:)]

3. Then comes the master blaster of an ICE. I have shortlisted the Pioneer 6050 2 DIN. This looks good. I need suggestions on speakers. I believe components in the front and coaxial in the back would be the ideal setup. No amps please. I dont want the thieves to start marking my car for the next break in.[frustration] Somewhere I read paper cone components give a nice output. Your suggestions would be invaluable in this matter. I would have preferred a DVD system, but they are too expensive to even taste them.
For ICE, its a long never ending discussion, so please start a new thread in the ICE section stating your budget & requirements.

5. The alloy wheels are the last in my list. I am not so craze about alloys. Maybe if my budget allows then I will consider them.
A swift looks super hot with alloys. I have seen many swifts with just alloys & nothing else & they look way better than the swifts with stock steel wheels, body kits, etc.

Also suggest me any alternative 2 DIN ICE with prices.
I assume you would be starting a new thread for this.

Also, do you want to mod your swift? I mean aftermarket headlights or taillights, HIDs, CAI, FFE, etc?

Here's my list:

1) A definite tyre upgrade - Min 195/55/R15 with 5 spoke alloys
2) Window tints
3) Skoda horn (Roots). Should cost you around 500
4) ICE with amp and sub

Something expensive
1) Projector headlights with HIDs
2) Simple bodykit
3) LED tail lights

These will totally transform your car into one awesome looking vehicle..

Naveen

Thread Starter #7
Ok now what is this body kit thing? I have also read about sports kit.

Also put some light on the alloys and tyres for Swifty. Will upgrading to bigger ones effect the car any way? Also let me know about the prices. Give me something which is good looking and VFM.

IMO the minimum list would be:

1. A good quality ICE
2. Sun Control Film
3. Seat cover and Steering wheel cover
4. Door beading
5. Parking sensors (optional)

Ok now what is this body kit thing? I have also read about sports kit.

Also put some light on the alloys and tyres for Swifty. Will upgrading to bigger ones effect the car any way? Also let me know about the prices. Give me something which is good looking and VFM.
Please see the pics of the bodykit. These may start from 15k to 25k depending upon the type of material.

I use 205/50/R15 on my Swift.
Tyre - Yokohama S Drives
Alloys - Stamford

Since this is a low profile tyre, the ride quality will be harsh. The ideal tyre upgrade for swift is 195/55/R15 or R14.

Here are the approx costs
Yokohama S drives - 3.9k to 4.2k
Alloys - 16k for set of four

I would recommend Lenso alloys. These are readily available in India and will cost between 16k to 25k depending upon the model and the dealer.

I have also attached my car's photos for reference.

Cheers.

Attachments

@ cjvk69 See the last two images attached by Naveen , those are body kits. They can enhance the looks of your ride , but IMO its actually enough if you go for good looking and matching alloys for your Swift , a Swift looks a lot cooler with alloys itself!

Tyre upgrading doesn affect your car but voids the warranty. Increasing the width of the tyres provides better road grip and improves the handling , you will get slight ODO and speedo errors maybe.

Ideal tyre size for Swift will be 185 section and 14 inch alloys , you can go in for 15inch alloys too it looks good but heard some people complaining of suspension problems at later stages. 14inch is the stock size and its better sticking to it.

Thread Starter #11
@naveen. Thanks mate for the pics. Your ride looks ultra cool. Surely but slowly, I am going to bring it your standard.

@cooldhaya. Thanks mate for the insight into alloys. It was good that you mentioned about the warranty void in the case of changing to alloys. I will keep that in mind before I take the risk of changing the tyres.

Hi buddy, i hav the same colour. Here is a pic for u to study[:)]

03112010257i.jpg
-----------Next Post-----------
@naveen. Thanks mate for the pics. Your ride looks ultra cool. Surely but slowly, I am going to bring it your standard.

@cooldhaya. Thanks mate for the insight into alloys. It was good that you mentioned about the warranty void in the case of changing to alloys. I will keep that in mind before I take the risk of changing the tyres.
If u will upgrade to 15inch wheels, i suggest to keep ur stock wheels & tyres with u. As i recently had a steering problem & got the whole steering worth 24k replaced in warranty when i took the car for warranty claim with stock wheels[:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
@shonty. Man that car looks very cool. After looking at your vehicle, I am even more desperate to ride my vehicle back in India. Oh the pain of waiting is getting to my nerves.

Sunlight copper gives you option of two colours. In the morning, it has an orangish tinge and in the night the colour seems to change to red. So we get two for one.

Btw how much (approx) will I get back for the stock tyres.

Another question, is it possible to put the 195/55/R14 tyres on the stock rims.

@ cjvk69 I feel its worth taking the risk going in for 14inch alloys. My Verna runs in 14inch after-market alloys and its doing well without any problems till now.

@ Shonty That is like [evil] [:D]

As CD mentioned, it's always better to stick with stock size, ie 14 inch.

Wider tires will definitely improve the handling but the steering will be tight. Since I use low profile tires (205/50/R15), I find the ride harsh on bad roads. But am completely satisfied with it's performance.

185 or 195 would be the ideal choice.

Cheers.!

Top Bottom