Accessories For My Maruti Swift

@vaibhav - It was around 2.5-3k at Maruti dealership, and is readily available in black and white colour options (painted). If you are looking at aftermarket, you will get them for upto 1000 bucks but the quality will be inferior (specially merging of LED indicators with the mirror shell).

@ameyam - Fog lamps with angel eye (that CCFL ring) is a waste of money in my opinion. Foglamps get cracked easily by flying debris and even minor collisions due to their lower positioning. Replacing them means getting another set (pair) which isn't very cost effective when only one of your foglamp is damaged. More over, foglamps get fully submerged in water during rains in waterlogged areas and I can not say anything about the quality (water proofing) of these foglamps. Better to stay away.

Regarding the mobile holder, order one off ebay.in or other online portals for upto Rs. 120. They are pretty effective and do the job well on paved roads. On acceleration and bad roads, these vibrate a lot and might not be effective to use. Also these do not stick to the dashboard, only windshield. I am using Fly branded ones bought off ebay.in for Rs. 85 each in three of my cars. Pretty effective for the price. Get Capdase, Belkin and other high end brands if you are willing to spend more.

Ice_wise,
I own the Swift VXI 2014 and it did come with fog lamps. I dont need fog lamps in Mumbai but I use them a lot. I now have 55W Philips xtremevision bulbs with a relay kit but in the monsoons, I used 90/100W bulbs and the housing used to get quite hot.
So i got into the habit of switching off my headlights as soon as I was stopped in traffic. After the monsoon, I switched back to 55W bulbs to prevent the housing from going dull but retained the tendancy to switch off the headlights. At that time, fog lamps come in handy as neighbouring cars remain mindful of your car without using the headlights or the horn. I was thinking of upgrading the stock headlights for aesthetic reasons

Should I get this holder?

Capdase Universal CAR Mount HR00 CA01 | eBay

Ameyam

Ice_wise,
I own the Swift VXI 2014 and it did come with fog lamps. I dont need fog lamps in Mumbai but I use them a lot. I now have 55W Philips xtremevision bulbs with a relay kit but in the monsoons, I used 90/100W bulbs and the housing used to get quite hot.
Capdase Universal CAR Mount HR00 CA01 | eBay

Ameyam
If that is the case for foglamps, I see that you basically require a light which others can notice (and ascertain that there is a car). Why not try DRLs? You can experiment with COB DRL available on ebay.in for Rs. 300 or less. They are exceptionally bright and have excellent output for close distances. You can place them on the lower air dam and add a seperate switch or tap the headlight/foglamp wire. If you are satisfied with their functionality, wait till the last and get Phillips DRL, which would be costly but reliable. Changing the existing (or basically opening) headlights or foglamps is not worth the results and getting already retrofitted parts is not worth the money. Try DRLs once and you'll be impressed with the illumination these COB strips can offer, almost equal to HID Foglamps for closer and limited range.

Yes, that Capdase holder looks okay. If you willing to pay that price then fine, otherwise check out the "Amkette S40 727GRN" available for Rs. 499 something and "iPop Smart Mini Cradle" available for Rs. 699. The Amkette at Rs. 499 is worth a try I think if you feel Rs. 1000 is too much for Capdase.

Changing the existing (or basically opening) headlights or foglamps is not worth the results and getting already retrofitted parts is not worth the money. Try DRLs once and you'll be impressed with the illumination these COB strips can offer, almost equal to HID Foglamps for closer and limited range.
Thats what I thought and didnt buy them so far.

I am getting the Amkette one then. Does it install on the windscreen?

Ameyam

I am getting the Amkette one then. Does it install on the windscreen?

Ameyam
Fine. If you haven't ordered yet, buy it from Amazon.in. I am copy-pasting the link directly as I don't know how to paste URL from Mobile Mode. And yes, it will mount to the windshield easily as well as stick to the dashboard (with the 3M disk supplied), but I think the dashboard placement would be permanent and windshield should be used instead. Also the price is Rs. 440 on Amazon, 60 bucks less.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00V4SIW8O/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_107_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41egnZ%2BAilL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL115_SR115%2C115_&refRID=0HB0R5BTWNSTSM3BZBCC

Ok. Also, has any one tried out the chrome trims for the interior as in this link?

Premium Quality Chrome Plated Interior SET OF12PC FOR NEW Swift NEW Dzire Ertiga | eBay

Just wanted to add trim to the bland centre console but these are available as a set

Ameyam
Not chrome but I had tried fake wooden trim from Autographix for my Swift. It costed me Rs. 900 for the set, but started peeling off (due to poor adhesive) with some use. If you're getting this, make sure you stick them really well the first time itself, as if they are used and removed to refit, they have a really hard time holding up.

Personally, I think chrome will be a bit tacky for an all black interior with silver inserts on doorpads, AC vents and steering (assuming you have V variant). I had removed mine after 2 months.

Need some Must have Interior accessories for my Swift

Hello Everyone,

I need some help regarding Interior accessories.
I have no idea what are some must have accessories to get it.I own only Neck rest pillow and some useless Air perfume called puppy that doesn't give any fragrance.
I'm open to buy online.I'll appreciate if you guys give suggestions with links to buy.

Thank you very much !

Hello Everyone,

I am about to buy my first car, swift. Sai Service SA is constantly recommending for Teflon coating, Floor lamination and engine coating which collectively costs around 10K.
Other renowned forum, Team-bhp clearly NOT recommends teflon coating. Please suggest me whether to go for it or refuse.

Teflon coating is good.
Floor lamination is needed in areas where there is heavy flood,as normal floor setup comes with fabric which can cause odour when wet with moisture.
Engine lamination /coating is a scam,not at all needed.

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift restyled foglamp cover trims for old models

Hi friends,here I am presenting restyled foglamp cover trims for Suzuki Swift old models as a part of my effort to enhance style.The product can be matched with various colored graphic options.Available in various color options.Ready to fit pair.

[:)]
From where you bought these bezels? I have been searching them on net from couple of weeks for my 2011 model swift.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom