Accessories for 2007 City ZX

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Presently the car is 100% stock and I would like to add the following

1) Parking sensor - Please suggest a VFM product
2) AUX cable for OE head unit - Can I connect my Sony mp3 player (3.5mm jack) with AUX cable? Or any possibilities to add USB? If so, how much should it cost?
3) Flip keys - in less than a week BB Curve is completely scratched with my keys in pocket.

Looking for a reliable and cheap source in Chennai / Coimbatore.
Budget: 5~7k (hope its reasonable)

Thanks

Parking sensors will lighten your pocket by atleast 1000bucks. It all depends on the no. of sensors you want. I would suggest Autocop Parkpro which would cost about 2500 bucks.

Regarding the HU, i would have suggested an upgrade, however, you are currently on a tight budget, so if you are not very keen about the ICE, then its wiser to go for an Aux-in cable which hardly costs about a few hundred rupees.

Thread Starter #3
Autocop Parkpro which would cost about 2500 bucks.

Regarding the HU, i would have suggested an upgrade
Thaks Akash.

I forgot the brand of Parking sensor in our Civic, it costed 2.5k only.
No. of sensors, may be 3 or 4 is sufficient (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

No budget constraint, but HU upgrade is not in my list now. Aiming for a all-in-one HU (GPS is a must), so may be in near future.

Any info where can I get flip keys in chennai / coimbatore?

Thread Starter #4
I checked with Harison Keys for Flip Keys, but they said for the remote I have it is not possible to fit inside the Flip key. They offered me a flip key without remote for Rs.3000/- + shipping.

In regards to the parking sensor, i would suggest - Xenos.
I got it fitted by Sundaram Honda, Coimbatore as a free accessory. It has been 11 months and no major complaints so far.

For a HU, look in Honda itself. I saw one in a latest demo car (ANHC), where the complate console was fitted along with GPS. Enquire about it with them.

Flip keys, i tried and they said that we need to ship it across to them. But, i wondered how secure it is. Further discussions are here.
Look out for a place where you can be there physically. Why not have it looped to your pant's loop?

OT: Service in Coimbatore TVS is best. Chennai service is not upto mark due to flooding load.

Xenos is branded chinese , and since Ho of xenos is in coimbatore , you could get replacement soon if at all a fault.

I prefer worldtech, chinese brand over xenos as both are same! haha

and for kind of good branded and with indication distance etc in mts in the rear view mirror i prefer circuit - i

For a car like city , a display in rear view mirror adds some glam.

the aux part-
Some one from Coimbatore did this to a demo car last year which we were preparing for a expo. ill Pm the number.

Thread Starter #9
Guys, please suggest me some a reliable and cheap shop in Coimbatore for parking sensor fitment. I'm familiar with RM Car Decors in stadium (for about 7 years) but price seems not fair now a days and quality of their job is degrading.

Check with Suncombines or Sun Enterprises (These are the old famous SKP shop near the RTO office which was split few years ago). The ones in stadium are charging hefty these days even for a 3M film!

If you want things to be done in the showroom, i can give you a contact. PM me your number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
Got fitted Autocop parking sensors last week (sorry for the late update) from Sun Combines - Coimbatore. (Snaps to follow soon)
Upgraded stock headlamp bulbs to 100/90W

Autocop (including fitting) + Philips 100/90 Head lamp upgrade (bulb + relay + wiring) + Basic interior cleaning (just removed the dust with vacuum cleaner and dashboard polish applied) = 4k INR
I hope the amount is justified.

Sensors are black in color, any idea where can I get them painted outside authorised dealer? (Authorised dealer is quoting 750Rs[surprise])

Guys, please suggest me where can I get AUX cable and flip keys (from chennai)

Mr.Boss you can get the Aux cable in any electronics shop , it costs around 150bucks i guess. There are ones available for even 75bucks but they conk off soon and the sound quality was not great.

Flip keys i had a plan of doing it with Harisson keys only but later dropped it. I read about them in another forum and many of them are happy with that , no need to doubt your privacy or security. I have been trying in Chennai but couldn't find a place!

If you are good at DIY you can order the flip key shell from e-bay and get it done yourself. Search the internet and you can find nice detailed descriptions for doing the same.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Honda City Accessories

Can anyone help me out to find Honda City Exi model petrol tank cap? I am not getting it anywhere.
Please do check with authorized Honda Service Centers / Workshops. It won’t be difficult for them to source one for you.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom