AC Problem in My i10 Automatic?

Thread Starter #16
Scanned my i10 with G-Scan. No error codes or faults came up. Everything showed up normal. Did it twice.

The problem started with burnt spark plug. So I guess there might be something else OR I am having the problem in my mind more by just thinking regarding my car.

Thread Starter #17
Today took my car at HASS for AC (finally hyundai jokers managed to bring new AC machine), they took out the AC gas using a machine, it measured 390. Then manually set it to vacuum and did the vacuum for 30 mins. Then they charged the gas, it took only 5 mins and it measured 450.

Unfortunately, from today, it started raining in Pune, so I cannot comment on the efficiency of AC. At the same time one of my friend said that if the AC coil is not cleaned then it's of no use. Is this true?

well that depends if you use your ac in fresh air mode a lot and if the ac doesn't have a cabin filter then you should've had them clean the coils as well, but it will incur more costs as the dashboard needs to be removed. Have they done a leak test to figure out why the as got low? the gas doesn't get low just like that there has to be some leak at the joints or coils, you will come to know if the gas is less when you see icing formed on the ac pipes or the air flow decreases after using the ac for sometime.

generally its best to clean the coils once every 2-3 years whenever you do an ac servicing for cooling issues or other issues which needs to evacuate the gas.(otherwise you will unnecessarily waste the gas and money)

Last edited:
Air Con problems eh.

Reasons are one of the following from my understanding :

1. Air con Gas
2. Compressor
3. Cabin filters
4. AAC valve (Idle control valve) , if you feel aggressive running of an engine means AAC valve has been clogged. and if engine is running on less RPM means your AC won't be as effective and you will feel loss in power

Thread Starter #20
well that depends if you use your ac in fresh air mode a lot and if the ac doesn't have a cabin filter then you should've had them clean the coils as well, but it will incur more costs as the dashboard needs to be removed. Have they done a leak test to figure out why the as got low? the gas doesn't get low just like that there has to be some leak at the joints or coils, you will come to know if the gas is less when you see icing formed on the ac pipes or the air flow decreases after using the ac for sometime.

generally its best to clean the coils once every 2-3 years whenever you do an ac servicing for cooling issues or other issues which needs to evacuate the gas.(otherwise you will unnecessarily waste the gas and money)
Removing coils for cleaning is a complex task. As per stupid HASS, it takes a day to remove the coil from dashboard. My car is equipped with Airbags. These jokers have no idea as they have never ever cleaned the AC coil before.
Air Con problems eh.

Reasons are one of the following from my understanding :

1. Air con Gas
2. Compressor
3. Cabin filters
4. AAC valve (Idle control valve) , if you feel aggressive running of an engine means AAC valve has been clogged. and if engine is running on less RPM means your AC won't be as effective and you will feel loss in power
In my case AC gas has been replaced, there is no filter for i10. AAC-- is this easier to remove in i10?

they leave the dash removal job to guys who are trained to work around on airbags, at my service centre a verna needed the evaporator change they removed the dash no issues. one of my friends gave his car to a local mechanic, some mistake they did and airbags deployed.

Removing coils for cleaning is a complex task. As per stupid HASS, it takes a day to remove the coil from dashboard. My car is equipped with Airbags. These jokers have no idea as they have never ever cleaned the AC coil before.

In my case AC gas has been replaced, there is no filter for i10. AAC-- is this easier to remove in i10?
AAC valve is on the intake manifold
its connected via a socket.

when you turn your aircon on at that instance car Hunts for a IDLE because of Revs dropping.
If that doesn't happen quick car dies and you might get it to work but it wont be much efficient

check that when you turn air con or does your revs drastically ?

Top Bottom