ABS Light Issue In My Mahindra Scorpio

Thread Starter #1
Guys, i am facing a strange problem with my scorpio. this started many days back, but these days it is more consistent.

the problem is that these days, the ABS light blinks whenever it feels like! i mean, when i start the car, the ABS light comes & goes as normal but whilst driving, sometimes it automatically turns on. this does not happen everyday but i have noticed (rather i have a feeling) that the light glows when the car suddenly accelerates/jerks or under heavy braking. on two occasions, by mistake i drove over a large pothole at high speeds & on both occasions the light blinked.

today i drove over a speedbreaker a bit fast (but not so fast that the vehicle bounced or the wheel jerked) & again the ABS light surfaced. so i took a few pics.

i have already shown this issue to the mahindra A.S.S a month back. they checked everything & claimed that everything is fine!

there is no problem with the braking of the vehicle though.

what could be the issue?

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Hi Raj,

Me too faced similar issue few days back with my car but that was of Oil Lamp.
It blinked any time while driving but my car's all oil levels were on top!
Later I came to know that it was because of electrical malfunction, So I got it rectified.

I feel the same case is with your scorpio's ABS lamp.
You can get it checked at any local workshop.

Drive Safe!
350Z

There is a loose contact somewhere.Ask A.S.S to check it throughly.
I'm assuming a loose contact because it happens only when the car jerks.

I think if this car is OBD-II complaint it can be checked using an OBD-II Scanner for quick and pin-point results.

Thread Starter #4
thanks for the help guys.

but no ways am i going to get this checked at any local garage. this car has too many sensors & electronic gadgetry & in inexperienced hands, it may go kaput.

Last edited:
Get it done at A.S.S only,try another service center.
Locals will just make it worse like the ABS light going on everytime you brake[frustration]

It may due to wiring problems or circuit issues.

You can get that done easily in your next service, because no workshop will be ready to spend much time & they cannot even charge for this !

Raj as you said your service centre didnt found anything faulty, i suggest you to take to some other authorised service centre and get it rectified with their cam, mostly chances are of faulty sensor or loose connected wiring.

Thread Starter #9
Get it done at A.S.S only,try another service center.
Locals will just make it worse like the ABS light going on everytime you brake[frustration]
its either a loose wire end of some problem with the sensor. go to ASS only. [thumbsup]
It may due to wiring problems or circuit issues.

You can get that done easily in your next service, because no workshop will be ready to spend much time & they cannot even charge for this !
Raj as you said your service centre didnt found anything faulty, i suggest you to take to some other authorised service centre and get it rectified with their cam, mostly chances are of faulty sensor or loose connected wiring.
yes guys, i will take it to the A.S.S only, but i cannot wait till next service as it is still 5000 kms away!

i will check for any loose wiring or faulty sensor.

Thread Starter #11
another strange thing i noticed is that today i could feel a slight smell of diesel from my car. when i opened the bonnet, it was indeed diesel. the smell is coming from the bonnet & i suppose there is a leak somewhere.

bad thing is- my car is giving headaches.
good thing is- both problems came together & can be solved together in one visit to the A.S.S (that is, if mahindra's technicans are good enough!)

Thread Starter #12
Thank you guys for your help. the issue was traced to a loose connection in the wiring. issue is solved, as of now.

about the issue of the diesel smell coming from the bonnet, i was right. the fuel return pipe unplugged itself from its hose automatically! the car was taken to the A.S.S some 25 kms away & around 25 litres of diesel was wasted on the road! it was replaced under warranty.

Last edited:
Nice to hear that your issue got resolved. If you remember i had posted a engine check light issue in the old TAI site and that was due to a rat biting some damn wire and that seems to be the earthing. This got rectified and as of today no issues :)

350Z

Core Team
oh, Missed out your post on the second issue Raj.
Anyways, Congrats that your both problems have been now solved.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #15
oh, Missed out your post on the second issue Raj.
Anyways, Congrats that your both problems have been now solved.

Drive Safe!
350Z
thats ok vibhor.

yes, its solved but its only after 2-3 days, that i can confirm! [:)]

Nice to hear that your issue got resolved. If you remember i had posted a engine check light issue in the old TAI site and that was due to a rat biting some damn wire and that seems to be the earthing. This got rectified and as of today no issues :)
yes, i do remember that buddy. today's modern cars have a lot of electronics & hence lots of small niggling issues. sometimes, i miss my simple yet rugged Non-Crde scorpio.

Top Bottom