About Travelling on the Highways

Thread Starter #1
Hello!! I am a senior citizen, just shifted to Dera Bassi (Mohali), Punjab.

I travel a lot to & from Delhi & Chandigarh from Dera Bassi. One thing that causes many accidents is the vehicles using FULL BEAM at night which blinds the driver coming from the opposite end. a simple solution to this is having a fencing on the divider high enough to block the lights from the opposite end. It is available between many stretches on the Highways but where ever they are missing, it causes lots of difficulties to motorists from HIGH BEAM.

Hello Sir!..
I also live near Dera Bassi (Baltana) and I too, frequently travel to Delhi and Chandigarh and face this issue of people using high beams. I think authorities should possibly do something like increasing height of all dividers, as mentioned by you..

Hello!! I am a senior citizen, just shifted to Dera Bassi (Mohali), Punjab.

I travel a lot to & from Delhi & Chandigarh from Dera Bassi. One thing that causes many accidents is the vehicles using FULL BEAM at night which blinds the driver coming from the opposite end. a simple solution to this is having a fencing on the divider high enough to block the lights from the opposite end. It is available between many stretches on the Highways but where ever they are missing, it causes lots of difficulties to motorists from HIGH BEAM.
Sachdeva Sahab, welcome to TAI, we Indian's don't possess the basic civil sense, not just high beam but bigger the car bigger the aftermarket LED lights, especially Rod LED on the roof which is suicidal on highways.
No amount of raising the median will solve the problem, until and unless we don't respect the other road users.

Top Bottom