About to Book Tata Indigo CS (ABS): Now Booked Vista QJD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
We used Indica for last 5 years,now we need a change.

Requiremnets:
Fuel type : Diesel
Low Maintanence.
Definetely need a Boot.[evil]

Our Budget is 6L.

After visiting & TD all the cars which are following Below:

1.Figo(superb handling & decent Performer,but the ground clearance is very less when 5members onboarded.Rejected due to Ground Clearance),
2.Toyota Liva(Fantastic handling & noticable Pickup, Roomy Interiors, Decent Boot space.Rejected due to 2-3month waiting period & Engine noise Inside the cabin)
3. Vista(Huge Space, Peppy to drive, great suspension & Ground Clearance.Rejected due to lack of boot space)
4. Indigo CS.(sandwitch between Sedan & Hatchback, Roomy Interiors, ORVM Indicators, Huge boot in its class, Decent performer, Superb comfort & suspension)Waiting period is 20-25days.
5.Punto(In Vellore TATA Showroom not selling Punto)

We decided to go for Indigo CS. because we are facing insufficient boot space in Indica [frustration]. We don't want to same issue in feature car. we are not able to extend our budget to buy Manza(My Favorite).

Top end model Includes:
1.ABS,
2.Bluetooth,
3.Alloy wheels,
4.Music systems,
5.Centre locking
6.4-door power window, etc.,

For exchanging my Indica, Vijaysales corportion(TATA SHOWROOM) offer 40k on my Indica.this offer exits upto this month.

My mom & Sister Suggessting CS especially for its Classy Interior & Great Boot space
Now Tension Starts here,

1.How CRDI Engine is Efficient in Indigo CS?
2.Anyone at TAI have Indigo CS,please share the review of your car with me.

Suggest me guys to book Indigo CS.[:)]

Re: About to book Indigo CS(ABS)

Appu
Good to hear that you have decided to upgrade your ride.
Of course you have used the black beauty (your current Indica) for so many years.
You are very well aligned with TATA vehicle and knows the pros and cons.
It will be wise decision to upgrade to another TATA one.
Related to Indigo Cs
The CRDi the tata version known as Dicor.
Initially it has got some problems like often blowing off head gasket.
TATA has introduced this engine again with modifications from that point of time not heard of this problem.
Rest you know about Cs version its superb in mileage decent performer on road easy to maintain and overall it is a trouble free car with definite peace of mind.
Do you mean to say that you are getting 40 k more value of your current Indica (as a discount on your new car)

Wish you all the best.[thumbsup]

Why not a manza ,
we bought the base model manza for 5.98 on road. and some 6k discount for my sister a tcs employee then.

must be some 20 to 25k more in chennai.

base model is serving well. with front power windows and auto lock feature etc.
And mainly no central speedo console like the vista

Indigo is nice choice but please check Manza base model, there are great offers going currently. Please stretch you budget a bit [:)] if possible.

Indigo eCS is a good car with good mileage,why not buy CS itself?
Mileage is good so is the engine,space is good and Your love with Indica tells that you are satisfied with TATA,so if it suits all your needs go ahead and buy it.
The base model Manza wont offer ABS and other stuff.

@Appu:
Indigo eCS is a quite good choice.
This car has everything a buyer may need and with the safety of ABS,the deal gets even sweeter.
The CRDI(CR4)engine of Tata is also a quite good 1.4l unit which delivers 20+kpl econimy too.

Overall,in my views,this is the car to buy.Why?Because this car has ABS,and hence this is far better than Manza base model for me.

We used Indica for last 5 years,now we need a change.

Requiremnets:
Fuel type : Diesel
Low Maintanence.
Definetely need a Boot.[evil]

Our Budget is 6L.

we are not able to extend our budget to buy Manza(My Favorite).
Dear Appu,

I knew that you will short list a TATA car only since you have driven an Indica for long.

Indigo CS is a good choice. But you are missing the refinement and comfort of Manza.

Go for Aqua model of Manza which will be within your budget.

We were having an Indica V2 for last 8 years and still having it. Bought a Manza this year Feb. Its a royal drive. Your family will relish the comfort and ride quality.

Manza basic model do not have ABS and bluetooth.
Contrary to popular belief, ABS is not a necessity if you are not driving above 100. In earlier days, expert drivers used to pump and brake in difficult situations and with ABS sysytem, machine is doing that job.

{Manza brakes are so good that the car is stopping perfectly even in highspeeds. We were forced to test this during a long drive from Kerala to Daman a few months ago. Our car with out ABS stopped in straight line with out any locking of wheels or skidding - we were doing at 145 km/hr in NH4 when a cow suddenly jumbed in to our line from the divider and there was a truck in the other line.}

Ergonomic seats, Engine refinement, smooth gears, better ride quality, large boot, extra space and better build quality are the things you will miss if you opt for an Indigo CS intead of Manza.

Either go for Aqua model of Manza within your budget or stretch for a Aura ABS model.

Happy driving.

Re: About to book Indigo CS (ABS)

NO one can say abs is not necessary.

its matter of personnel choice .

if you budget is 6L and safety as important choice like abs , then go for it.

Just a option that there is a manza without the abs for the same price with the fiat engine and spacious!

Thread Starter #9

Appu
Good to hear that you have decided to upgrade your ride.
Of course you have used the black beauty (your current Indica) for so many years.
You are very well aligned with TATA vehicle and knows the pros and cons.
It will be wise decision to upgrade to another TATA one.
Related to Indigo Cs
The CRDi the tata version known as Dicor.
Initially it has got some problems like often blowing off head gasket.
TATA has introduced this engine again with modifications from that point of time not heard of this problem.
Rest you know about Cs version its superb in mileage decent performer on road easy to maintain and overall it is a trouble free car with definite peace of mind.

Thank you for your valuable comments on CS,

Do you mean to say that you are getting 40 k more value of your current Indica (as a discount on your new car)

Wish you all the best.[thumbsup]

Yes, Tata motors giving 40k extra on my Blacky[;)]

Thread Starter #10
ilango[speed thirst];115578 said:
Why not a manza ,
we bought the base model manza for 5.98 on road. and some 6k discount for my sister a tcs employee then must be some 20 to 25k more in chennai.

Is it[surprise]? but in Vellore the basic model of Manza is 7.12L. & In chennai 7.10L.

ilango[speed thirst];115578 said:
base model is serving well. with front power windows and auto lock feature etc.
And mainly no central speedo console like the vista
I agree Manza is the best car but we need +40k to buy manza. anyhow i check with my dad, regarding this.

Indigo is nice choice but please check Manza base model, there are great offers going currently. Please stretch you budget a bit [:)] if possible.

I'll discuss with my dad regarding manza. Even i to like Manza very much, but the budget hits to buy that Beast.

Dear Appu,

I knew that you will short list a TATA car only since you have driven an Indica for long.

Indigo CS is a good choice. But you are missing the refinement and comfort of Manza.

Go for Aqua model of Manza which will be within your budget.

We were having an Indica V2 for last 8 years and still having it. Bought a Manza this year Feb. Its a royal drive. Your family will relish the comfort and ride quality.

Manza basic model do not have ABS and bluetooth.
Contrary to popular belief, ABS is not a necessity if you are not driving above 100. In earlier days, expert drivers used to pump and brake in difficult situations and with ABS sysytem, machine is doing that job.
First of all thanks for your detailed & Valuable inforamation about Manza. Even in indica itself i not faced any problem with brakes. I will consult with my dad on tuesday & check with TATA Motors also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is it[surprise]? but in Vellore the basic model of Manza is 7.12L. & In chennai 7.10L.

What !! 7.10 in chennai.
though i have not compared , but heard the punto cost 70k cheaper in pondicherry.

Base model punto and base model manza was same priced . Though myself and uncle was inclined a bit to punto , whole of family was for manza.
same price big car.

our on road was 5.98 L and no discount at all. except the tcs offer. car is registered in my sister name.!

Well if 40k is the difference than wait for 1-2 months and save some amount but get 'Manza', In December there will be hugh offers so just wait for 15 more days, book the car in Dec and get in registered in Jan 2012 so you can have a benefit in resale.

Thread Starter #13

Well if 40k is the difference than wait for 1-2 months and save some amount but get 'Manza', In December there will be hugh offers so just wait for 15 more days, book the car in Dec and get in registered in Jan 2012 so you can have a benefit in resale.
That was a good idea, but exchange bonus(40K) is available upto this month only. thats why we are in urge.

That was a good idea, but exchange bonus(40K) is available upto this month only. thats why we are in urge.
Dear AppU,
if you don't mind THE XOVER bumping on to your thread here is my suggestion: I just like you own Indica V2 XETA.But very recently I got the opportunity to drive Manza elan tyrian wine colour,and i must confess I was completely shocked and blown away by :

1] The smoothness of manza.

2] the turbo punch of manza, (man it was seductive like dating a beautiful girl.)[;)]

3] The feel of space and amazing suspension.Good bye potholes.

4] The brakes of manza are even better than my honda unicorn and trust me thats saying alot about it.

All in all , Indigo e-CS VX is not a bad car, it does everything as you like it to do, the mileage of 25 kmpl is tantalizing for sure, but mark my words (and remember i am a tata Aria fan) Manza is the best tata car ever.So if you miss it this time you will know in due course that you have missed something special.But anyways whatever you choose my best wishes for your new car.[:)]

Appu, if I were you I would have had gone for indigo ecs cr4 Vx. I have taken test drive of Manza, Vista and indigo ecs. Amongst all these indigo ecs is better. Though it has tata's dicor (cr4), it has good low end torque. also the dashboard is low, rather than higly placed in vista and manza.

Vista's pedals are not ergonomically designed. For your situation, I feel indigo ecs vx.

I think drivetech4 can throw more light on this as he knows Tata cars better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom