Aastha Motors (TATA): Horrid Experience

Thread Starter #1
A few days back, my uncle's Manza's front suspension was making weird noises. Our driver confirmed to us that it was surely the shock absorbers. He was right. The noise came only during when we went over a speed breaker. Plus the car has done only 6,283 kms. So it was a bit surprising that such a problem would even arise. But since the car is still in its warranty period, we were not that bothered since we knew it could be done for free. :P So the adventure began.

So at 11:30 we reached Aastha Motors Service station. I must let you guys know that the service station is another kilometer away from the actual showroom. We knew a man by the name of Om Prakash. So naturally when we got there, we contacted him directly to save some time. We did so and got a job card filled in.

All the formalities of the job card was finished by 11:45. Then we took to the car to the actual garage where we told to wait since all the mechanical lifts were occupied. So in that time, one head mechanic decided to test the car to see the actual issue. We agreed and so off we went. We came back and yes the Head Mechanic found the issue.The issue was to oil/grease the shocks. He said it can be solved in 10-15 minutes. We were pretty shocked but were happy at the same time. Then after 15-20 minutes or so, the car was ready. We decided to go for another test drive since my driver could not believe that such an issue could be solved so soon. And he was right, both sides shock absorbers were still squeaking! We went back to the service station. Then we complained to solve it and the solution was that to replace both shocks. We agreed since that is the issue we were thinking that would be the actual reason.

But then a new problem. The manager said that they are going to look for the parts in their compound. We kept on waiting and waiting. No response from anyone. We asked after like another half-an-hour and yet we were given the same answer that the part was still being searched around. After an hour, lunch break was on so that meant we had to wait for another hour to pass since now the work could only happen after lunch time.

After lunch time (we didnt have any lunch since they werent any food shops even in the vicinity), we were told that the part was ordered from another dealership. But another issue was that only one of the two shocks was ordered since no one had two in stock. Now they also did not know that which side shock absorber it was. The left one was more damaged than the right one so we were praying that it was the left one but to our dismay, it was the right one.

The part came after an hour or so and we were just standing there waiting for it. When the part came, it took the mechanic another hour to fix it in. After fixing it in, we went for a test drive and found out that the car was pulling heavily to the left. Then the mechanic said that he forgot the wheel alignment. Then back we went to the garage and got the wheel alignment done. After that, we went for another test drive and found out that the car still pulls to the right and the reason was found out that the mechanic did only one side aligning since he thought that only 1 shock absorber was replaced. So the wheels were aligned again went for a test drive and now the car was pulling to the right, though not so heavily. Then the solution was to rotate the front tyres. After that the problem was finally solved.

But my question, why take so long? The job could have finished much before but due to negligence we suffered. Our whole day was just wasted. I met other TATA owners and they also showed their frustration. It was a sad scene. For the other shock, we were told to visit another dealer. They said that they can do it. Hope all goes well.

How absent minded that Manager is! they ruined your whole day!
should have told them that they wasted your time so much!
If this applies: give a feedback about this when you get the service station feddback letter from TML(Maruti does this every 6 months for my vehicle)

This shows that the staff are less trained but one satisfying thing is they fixed the problem.

Thread Starter #3
yes expecting TATA's call any minute now. i am ready for full explanation. they actually fixed half the problem. both shockers needed replacement. left one was more noisy but the right one got replaced since thats what they had in stock.

350Z

Core Team
This tells a lot about the existing scenario at Tata Motors. All thanks to their improper management / poorly trained employees. Even I’m on the way to write my recent experience with Tata-Fiat Dealership in Delhi. Sometimes it makes me wonder if a person is having terrible experience at Pre-sales itself. How after sales would be treating? And alas, this was an example.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That's damn horrific.
I mean,when I had an issue with Toyota A.S.S. what I did was trying to leave the car there itself but they stopped me but in your case,why you people wasted your hours in the service station?
Secondly,I am sure you haven't showed them your anger.If I'd been at your place then there would have surely been some good actions taken by me.

Damn,the Tatas are spoiling their own repo,not someone else's,but still they are negligent..[clap]

Thread Starter #8
yup more than damn horrific. :P
I went with my driver and my cousin. My cousin did lose his temper quite badly in the end but he did not grab anyone by collar and slap anyone. [:D][evil]
TATA is actually trying very hard to improve but its just that their dealers are letting them down. I reached at 11:30 and reached home at 17:30. the service station is only 15 minutes from home. is their any way to send email to tata themselves?

350Z

Core Team
is their any way to send email to tata themselves?
Following is the contact info of their regional office in Patna. Also drop them a mail on: customercare[at]tatamotors.com.

3rd Floor, 109 Adharshila Complex
South Gandhi Maidan, Patna - 800001
Ph: 0612- 6510332

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oops, yet another pained customer of Tata. Well i would say welcome to Tata family buddy. I feel sad to know that these guys are still the same. I still remember the pain of selling my Indigo just for the reason of horrid experience with A.S.S each time the car had to visit the workshop.

Welcome to TATA club haha . did you filled customer form with all detail if yes then will sure call you back and then you can get all work done seating at home . I already made two people loose there job just because they were careless after that i was always treated like VIP whenever i visit that service centre hehe .

TATA = niggle accept it .

Welcome to TATA club haha . did you filled customer form with all detail if yes then will sure call you back and then you can get all work done seating at home . I already made two people loose there job just because they were careless after that i was always treated like VIP whenever i visit that service centre hehe .

TATA = niggle accept it .
OT: You are one of the most honest, frank, sensible and blunt TATA owner/fan I have seen. And I like you for that... (ahem ahem!)

You are a rare species dude, kudos. [thumbsup]

Ha ha Archit welcome to the TATA family , TATA and niggles are like married couples! I have been a TATA customer for 15 years now , i am kinda used to such stuff now![lol]

That is why i never wait at their workshop , even if its a small repair i leave my car and come home , since we have another car no problem for us.

TATA makes good cars but all their dealerships are very very bad! Its high time TATA makes some strict guidelines on whom to hire as SA'S , mechanics and technicians. To be frank most of our members here are more knowledgeable than their technicians.

Top Bottom