Aadya Motors (Tata) Delaying Delivery For No Reason.

Thread Starter #1
I had booked my Tata Nano LX sunshine yellow at AADYA motors-Bangalore on 11th Oct, I wanted delivery during Dussehra which he said was not possible as 23rd and 24th was a holiday and he had promised me delivery on 25th, as the vehicle was not with them in stock so they had to order it.

I called them on 25th-Thursday they said that the vehicle had still not come and they will be getting it on Friday evening or Saturday.

I call them Friday evening to which they said the vehicle will definately come on Monday, now I tell them you cannot keep on changing dates like this and told them to tell me if the vehicle will be delayed further than Monday so that I can plan accordingly.

Then comes Monday, the CSA(customer service agent) tells me the vehicle will reach by late evening at 7-8 o clock, I call his manager he tells me the vehicle will come tomorrow morning (Tuesday) and I can come to see the vehicle before paying the full amount.

Tuesday- They still do not have the vehicle and the manager is citing reasons like problem at their delivery end and also told me that they cannot order Just one vehicle. But he is promising me delivery on Wednesday evening by 6 pm, which I think he is just trying to buy time.

I think something fishy is going on here as when I had gone to pay part amount, about 1 lakh on 16th they tried to sell me a 2011 manufactured "2012 model" of the same colour and were giving 10k discount on it. I clearly told the customer agent and the manager that I want the 2012 manufactuted model only, and not to try to sell me the 2011 model[anger].

Now If they do not deliver the vehicle on Wednesday that is 31st about 20 days since I booked the vehicle, should I cancel my booking and get it from some other dealer or
If I have to complain this matter higher up at Tata Motors to whom can I contact please help[confused].

This things happens no need to worry. If you don't get delivery by Wednesday, Cancel your booking and also raise alarms higher in TATA motors. Any other dealer would certainly help you and also if you try to cancel the booking here, this dealer might come up with some more benefits for you , just to retain you. [clap]

What I know is dealer can not (may be do not want to) order to the factory for just only 1 car. They use to accumulate the order to minimum of 4/5 vehicle.Then they use to place the order.

May be in other way around, the car company might have the policy that, dealer can not order just one car.
Possibility is there due to transportation, octrai cost, tax . They may save some cost on these area.

If dealer might not have enough order, he may delaying like this. After all if he sell a car, then he will earn the profit.

He may not telling you clearly that, due to some reason he is not able to deliver the vehicle to you because you may take the business to some other dealer.

PS:I may not be correct.This is just my thinking. No solid proof of these statement[confused].

Thread Starter #5
Thankfully I get a call from the CSA in the morning saying that the vehicle has arrived.

I go to their showroom and see the vehicle, it is March 2012 model, I did general inspection of the car and pay him the rest of the amount for registration of the car.

will be getting delivery on Friday or Saturday.
I am getting the special edition Nano with alloy wheels+ glove box + music system.

Congratz Balkrishna : I have personally seen the special edition the alloys look really great on Nano. I just fell in love with special edition Nano in glance. [clap]

Congrats on your nano booking.

I appreciate the punctuality on the part of dealer when he told that they just can't order a single car.

If they are trying to sell 2011 manufactured model after informing you about the fact of manufactur ing date , then again it is alright. If they were hiding the facts then you need to be very careful in future while dealing with this dealer.

If you need to cancel the booking, there are limited options , nano is a unique car.
other dealers if they have one in stock, readily available for inspection then only are of benefit other wise same problem will repeat.

I wish, you get the car fri or saturday. If you don't get it ask them to come with true reasons behind it without threatening them about booking cancellation.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Top Bottom