A Weekend Bliss: Drive from B'lore to Sakaleshpur (Western Ghats)

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

Its my pleasure to share a travelogue recently undertaken in my beloved new ‘Red hotty’.

Place Visited: Sakaleshpur [The town is in Western Ghats It has a temperate climate. Coffee, cardamom, and pepper grown in surrounding villages are brought to Sakleshpura for sale. The town lies on National Highway 48 which connects port city of Mangalore with capital city of Karnataka]

Stayed at: Rottikallu resorts - offered superb food, good location in the nature's lap, courteous service.

Duration: Sat early morning departure nd Sunday night back home.

Kms cherished: @ 550 kms

Rides: Red hotty (Punto) & Snowwhite( Alto k10)

Road condition: NH 48 – very good uptill Hasan. Later on till Sakaleshpur, it was a 2 lane but good roads. Last 8 kms towards Resort was absolutely off-roading experience! Punto took what ever was thrown at her at ease. Be it the cruiser highway or the offroading!! I realised the true potential of this beauty on the highway! Its a pure bliss to ride her; epecially at high speeds. Oh! The steering feedback just amazed me – even @ 165 kmph it just obeys your order precisely. Rock solid (please note that this speed was achieved on a clear 2 kms stretch with hardly no vehicles just to feel the car. Drive safe). The amazing GC of 2012 Punto was put to full test while off-roading with 4 people on board & luggage. The road was full of slush, rocks and loose gravel. The under engine metal protection surely added to peace of mind while moving over these bad pathes.

I must admit that my friend’s Alto K10 also did a commendable job through out! It reminded me of my previous car – Black beauty (Alto Lxi)

Enough of texting, let the pics do the talking now

Attachments

Re: A Weekend bliss: Drive from Blore to Sakaleshpur (Western Ghats)

carfreak
really a good startup buddy[clap]
pics are excellent as dharmesh said[thumbswink]
awaiting for more pictures and please break the suspension:please:.

Thread Starter #3

Nice pics mann.... expecially the first one.. :-)
Thanks Dharmesh! Yeah, the first pic was excusively for FIAT ! [clap]

carfreak
really a good startup buddy
pics are excellent as dharmesh said[thumbswink]
awaiting for more pictures and please break the suspension:please:.
@ rajvel, Thanks buddy! Thinking that people would get bored of pics, kept it limited. Ok, on request here are few more.

Attachments

Good photos buddy[clap]
Share if you have any.
I think leaches have been removed from the legs?
I have the same experience woth leeches in manjolai forest near tirunelveli in tamil nadu.
I was frighten and suddenly waved my hands on that leech it left me but after that also i had a continues blood [cry]for some time and then went to manimuthar falls took a bath in chill water then blood stoped

Hey car freak it's been a while we met last time.
Good to see your Punto, what happened to your Alto?

Good to see you back on TAI, to avoid leeches, one must carry snuff for instant relief from those leeches.

Where is the ownership report of your Punto? Or did i miss something.

Wonderful photo's buddy, me and my friend is planning to go on a biking trip to Sakaleshpur by Oct end so can you please shed some more light on the route,dist travelled, time taken to cover the dist, resort pricing...

Thanks in Advance

Excellent pictures buddy. The first one is an epic[cheers]. The thread has been rated 5 stars. Keep the pics coming.

OT: Did you sell your Alto? Sorry, but i have been away from the forum for quite a while, that why this unawareness!

Excellent Pics with short & brief details [clap],

the First Pic shows the trust on FIAT. great capture.

Post more pics if you have.

Thread Starter #9
Good photos buddy
Share if you have any.
I think leaches have been removed from the legs?
I have the same experience woth leeches in manjolai forest near tirunelveli in tamil nadu.
I was frighten and suddenly waved my hands on that leech it left me but after that also i had a continues blood for some time and then went to manimuthar falls took a bath in chill water then blood stoped
Dont worry about the leech bite. Its absolutely harmless!

Hey car freak it's been a while we met last time.
Good to see your Punto, what happened to your Alto?

Good to see you back on TAI, to avoid leeches, one must carry snuff for instant relief from those leeches.

Where is the ownership report of your Punto? Or did i miss something.
Hi Mukesh, my black beauty is still with me. Currently used by my father. Here is the ownership report of my Punto - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-emotion-ed-27th-jun-2012-a-3.html#post203043

Dont worry, you have already wished me for my Punto [:)]

Wonderful photo's buddy, me and my friend is planning to go on a biking trip to Sakaleshpur by Oct end so can you please shed some more light on the route,dist travelled, time taken to cover the dist, resort pricing...

Thanks in Advance
Thanks a lot Visran.

Route taken: Blore - Hassan - Sakaleshpur.
Distance: @ 220 kms one way
Time needed: btw 5 - 7 hours depending on driving style and which part of the day you travel. Like we left Blore @ 5.30 am and reached Sakaleshpur by @ 11 am.

Shall send you a PM regarding stay details

Excellent pictures buddy. The first one is an epic[cheers]. The thread has been rated 5 stars. Keep the pics coming.

OT: Did you sell your Alto? Sorry, but i have been away from the forum for quite a while, that why this unawareness!
@ Akash, hey thanks a lot for your kind words! Nice to hear from you!Nope, my beloved Alto is still with me.

Excellent Pics with short & brief details,

the First Pic shows the trust on FIAT. great capture.

Post more pics if you have.
Thanks a lot friend for liking the travelogue. Yes very aptly said about the first pic [thumbsup]

Hey Carfreak,

I love this place especially for the city guys, i had been to the jenukallu valley retreat.
The Resort landlord have a good taste. Love the way the furniture was made with the country wood those coffee stems. He seems to be more innovative in using Hydro-electricity.

Awaiting for more pics and surroundings.

which part of the day you travel. Like we left Blore @ 5.30 am and reached Sakaleshpur by @ 11 am.

Shall send you a PM regarding stay details
We are planning to start by 5 in the morning, since it's going to be a biking trip i guess we have to consider giving timely brakes.

Thread Starter #12
Hey Carfreak,

I love this place especially for the city guys, i had been to the jenukallu valley retreat.
The Resort landlord have a good taste. Love the way the furniture was made with the country wood those coffee stems. He seems to be more innovative in using Hydro-electricity.

Awaiting for more pics and surroundings.
Yes, this place is a perfect get away from City rush! Yeah, even I have heard of Jenukallu resort. Wow! Hydro-electricity is something really interesting!

We are planning to start by 5 in the morning, since it's going to be a biking trip i guess we have to consider giving timely brakes.
5 am is the perfect time to start! Bangalore to Hassan is about 190 kms with superb road condition. So covering this stretch should not be an issue at all. Probably @ 20 kms to Hassan, there is a Kamat restaurant. You can plan your breakfast here. Hassan to Sakaleshpur is @ 50-60 kms. This is a 2 lane route but good road condition. Various resorts are located @ 15kms-25kms distance from Sakaleshpur (depending on which place you select)

Here are few resorts names that I am aware of - Rottikallu, Jhari resort, Coffee gudda, Ghaatikallu, Byne kaadu resort

Hope the above info helps you in planning ...

5 am is the perfect time to start! Bangalore to Hassan is about 190 kms with superb road condition. So covering this stretch should not be an issue at all. Probably @ 20 kms to Hassan, there is a Kamat restaurant. You can plan your breakfast here. Hassan to Sakaleshpur is @ 50-60 kms. This is a 2 lane route but good road condition. Various resorts are located @ 15kms-25kms distance from Sakaleshpur (depending on which place you select)

Here are few resorts names that I am aware of - Rottikallu, Jhari resort, Coffee gudda, Ghaatikallu, Byne kaadu resort

Hope the above info helps you in planning ...
Thanks for the info, it definitely is useful for me as this will be my first to Sakaleshpur.

Hi Carfreak,

Very nice pics and nice review. For me the first pic is a "poster for a movie launch" which raises curiosity to know the lead pair [clap]

I am also planning to go in Oct in my New Fiesta and can you post some more pics and the surrounding places if you have covered?

Top Bottom