A Weekend Bliss: Drive from B'lore to Sakaleshpur (Western Ghats)

Thread Starter #16
Great write-up and fantastic pictures. First one is very romantic.

Shall we add this to our poll list in http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../8912-south-meets-west-inter-region-meet.html
Thanks Sethumurugan! Haa haa, definitely can this place can be added, but it might not be at ideal distance for everyone.

Hi Carfreak,

Very nice pics and nice review. For me the first pic is a "poster for a movie launch" which raises curiosity to know the lead pair [clap]

I am also planning to go in Oct in my New Fiesta and can you post some more pics and the surrounding places if you have covered?
@ Harish, Thanks for liking the pics & review. Lead pair in suspense still [;)] Oct would be ideal and wonderful time to visit. Rains would have reduced. We encountered rain through out the stay but it was fun. You would surely enjoy the drive in your new Fiesta.

Ok guys, here are few more pics!

Attachments

Great write-up and fantastic pictures. First one is very romantic.

Shall we add this to our poll list in http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../8912-south-meets-west-inter-region-meet.html
wow Sethu we could consider this also has an option, who knows if this turns out to be our destination route for meet up. This is a good location ,large open area. No parking hassles. Around 200 odd kms drive and can be reached easily. There is lot of eating option with 5 km around this place.

Last edited:
hai carfreak
Can you please share the details of the places visited by you and tourist attraction.
i think of visiting in december end or january first week.

@ nice pics Carfeak. I have heard about this place but never been there. I guess my next stop for future long weekend would be this.
Please share contact details of the resort for reservations. By the way, that Pond/lake/pool is it part of the resort? Looks awesome!!

Ok guys, here are few more pics!
Carfreak, You car in the first pic is so good [ I wanted to say something but i dont know will Mods allow that word here. Pls fill it] Really koooooool. I fall in love with it.

wow Sethu we could consider this also has an option, who knows if this turns out to be our destination route for meet up. This is a good location ,large open area. No parking hassles. Around 200 odd kms drive and can be reached easily. There is lot of eating option with 5 km around this place.
Ohh Manjoo. So you are aware of this place? Great. Pls just get the distance from various places if possible. Let us see will it be okie for all of us.

Sethu

@carfreak

Oh !! awesome pics and review [:)] The intro pic, yeah just like a teasing poster of a new movie to be released, its really good AND next pic what else

Its your RED CHILLY HOT Puntoo !! Oh God , how I missed one last year[frustration]

All the pics are really good, which camera it is ??

Thread Starter #22
@ Gurrala74, I understand your frustration. Have read your previous posts on the same as well. Dont worry friend, grab the FIAT Bravo when launched in India [;)]

Thanks for liking the pics and review. Most of the pics were shot using Nikon D3000 SLR (thanks to my friend) and resort pics were shot using Canon SX 40 Mega Zoom bridge camera!

Thread Starter #23
@ Sethumurugan, Thanks a ton again for liking the pics! It surely boosts interest for next outing soon [clap]

hai carfreak
Can you please share the details of the places visited by you and tourist attraction.
i think of visiting in december end or january first week.
Hi rajvel,

A suggestion - Dec end and Jan first week might be crowded and usually resorts might charge extra because of tourist season. So it would be ideal if you can plan during during Oct - Nov. During my last trip, I visited Sakaleshpur alone. Do you need details about Sakaleshpur or any other places you are particularly looking at?

@ nice pics Carfeak. I have heard about this place but never been there. I guess my next stop for future long weekend would be this.
Please share contact details of the resort for reservations. By the way, that Pond/lake/pool is it part of the resort? Looks awesome!!
Hi kirsh_go,

Here are the good resorts am aware - Rottikallu, Jhari resort, Coffee gudda, Ghaatikallu, Byne kaadu resort. I stayed at Rottikallu and my friend has stayed at Coffee gudda on previous occassion. So regarding both these resorts our experience has been good.

Here is the contact # of Rottikallu - 8095052225 Rotti-kallu | Sakleshpur | Karnataka | India

Coffeegudda - Coffee Gudda

Can you please tell me which pic are you referring to about the pond? Sorry din get!

@carfreak- Thanx for the infor. The pic i was referring to was in ur first post where someone was playing with a Tube in the flowing water.

Thread Starter #25
Oh! Yeah, thats a natural stream attached to the resort where you can enjoy few games like - tarzan rope jump across the stream, lazy river with the tube etc [:D]

There is one river side cottage on a tree adjacent to this stream. Its usually given only for male occupants. It has no electricity. Night you can hear the insects humming, screeching etc If one is lucky & is a braveheart, can witness elephants crossing the stream also! 3 of my friends stayed in this river side room & had a sooperb experience. Initially when we asked the helper boy about safety, he was like - "Sir, nothing to worry. If it rains, room might get flodded with stream water. Thats all Sir. You can araamse stay" I was like, What! [lol]

Last edited:
hai carfreak

i want to visit places in and around sakeleshpur [roll]
please suggest places.
i would be visiting kollur for sure.
but there wont be any change in date due to my college and people coming from abroad.

Top Bottom