A Trip To Saputara

Thread Starter #1
Saputara is a hill station in Dang district of Gujarat near Maharashtra border.

It is considered as the starting point of Western ghats.

Three months ago I was at the other end of Western ghats (in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala) and its was interesting to see the Northern end of this great hill range. {Western ghats is declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO}

We did this trip about 10 days ago on a Sunday.

Started at 8 AM from Daman and took the route via Udvada, Valsad and Dharampur.

It was raining throughout.

Roads are good till Udvada and then very good NH48 (old NH8) till Valsad.
Took an exit to Dharampur near Valsad.

It was a newly laid two lane road to Dharampur which was Wide enough for smooth traffic. However it was a rough ride because either they forgot about the top fine layer or may be that work is pending.

After Dharampur, it was smooth road again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Thanks Rajvel.
Pictures are on the way.

Welcome JazzSelect.
Shall try to provide some information I have.

At a junction in Dharampur, we thought of checking the route with some local persons. We asked one person and he directed us to take a right turn. (Felt that this lorry cleaner/driver who shown us the way was laughing at us sheepishly once we took a right turn).

After a few kilometers, found out that there are signboards showing Vapi and distance to Vapi is coming down. Re checked with another person on a bike and took a U turn. We came 9 km in the wrong direction. Went back another 9 km and took the correct turn (now its right turn) at that junction.

It was good smooth road from Dharampur. After some distance, only issue was isolated potholes appearing suddenly in an otherwise good road.

Geography changes, once we reach near Vansda.

There are some places of interest in this area.

Waghai Botanical gardens, Vansda National Park, Gira water falls etc.

Botanical gardens and National park are on either side of the road. Waghai Botanical gardens comes first to our left and then Vansda National park to our right.

Gira water falls is some distance away from the main road.

We did not go to Gira. Just posting a file picture here.

Gira2a.jpg

Last edited:
I have also visited Saputara many times. Actually it is very near from my home town. 2 or 3 times i have visited this place on bike.
I do have pictures of scenic beauty of Saputara. Can i share my photos here if you give permission?

@Autosafari:

You and Your Manza rocking from North to South.

I have a doubt, how you manage your work with your tours. Please kindly help me. I'm struggling with my work always[:)]

Anyhow, Again a new travelouge. waiting for more Pics with story as usual.

Thread Starter #13
I have a doubt, how you manage your work with your tours. Please kindly help me. I'm struggling with my work always.
Welcome Appu.

Its all about work - life balance; how we prioritise between work (career), Ambitions and life (family, friends, leisure etc).

I have changed companies, left high profile high flying jobs and big City locations in search of peace.

Welcome Appu.

Its all about work - life balance; how we prioritise between work (career), Ambitions and life (family, friends, leisure etc).

I have changed companies, left high profile high flying jobs and big City locations in search of peace.
Good to know that you have left some high profile jobs in search of peace
But many of our people are lossing peace in life and pleasure in search of money.they know only money and seeing on people like us as stupid that we are wasting time and life in tours and cars.
Thinking themselves intelligent.

Last edited:

Top Bottom