A Trip To Mukutmanipur

Thread Starter #1
We had enough trip to Beach side, This time we thought to go some where else. We means me, my wife, my sister & Brother in law and their daughter Titli
Planned for Mukutmanipur. From 17th to 19th August. As this was a long 3 days holidays (18th to 20th) We tried to book rooms in advance in Sonajhuri (WBDFC), but no rooms were available. Tried some other hotels also but no rooms. [frustration]Somehow after lots of convincing and negotiating managed to get 2 AC rooms in Hotel Amrapali (@Rs990 each) that was also only for 17th night, on 18th nothing were available. The Hotels are very limited in Mukutmanipur. Rooms were booked in all the hotels in advance.

We thought to go there as we had one day booking at least and the next day we will manage some where. Lets take a chance.

We started our journey by 12pm from my place (Jadavpur) and planned to go via Durgapur & Bankura. Due to very smooth surface we reached Durgapur in 4hrs including an hour lunch break in Bardhaman. Maintained a moderate speed of 90-110kmph.

1.jpg
2.jpg
Bali Bridge

3.jpg
Smooth NH2

4.jpg
A must stop at Shaktigarh for mouth-watering 'Lancha' (I don't know wkat it called in English)

Reached Durgapur and took a wrong left turn and found myself in the busy station road and stuck in a level crossing , lost some half an hr time to negotiate the traffic there. After crossing the Durgapur the road was extremely good with very less traffic. Took the Bakura bypass and headed towards our final destination. There was a level crossing in Bakura bypass, may be around 200mts road condition was pathetic there. I hit the bottom of my car once. I was literally scrolling there to cross that small patch. After that the road was not so good but manageable till Khatra. Once we took right turn from Khatra for the last 8 km distance was again butter smooth road.

4A.jpg
Stuck up in the Durgapore level crossing

5.jpg
6.jpg
Smooth SH2 (Durgapur to Bakura)

We reached our destination and went to the hotel, nothing to do much in the evening. After some chit-chat and dinner we called of the day.

8.jpg
Welcome to Mukutmanipur

7.jpg
Beautiful Mukutmanipur.

The next day morning first thing came in the mind to arrange the hotel for the next day. Asking the local folks and got a lodge “Ahla Lodge” @Rs.600 per day non-AC. But Who need ACs? Thank God. At least got some place to stay or else we might have to return to Kolkata.

We shifted to the new lodge and immediately went out to see the Dam. Took the permission from the office (free of cost) and went to the Dam. Follow the pics:

10.jpg
Permission to be taken from here
11.jpg
waiting to enter the Dam
10A.jpg
myself
12A.jpg
12B.jpg

In the afternoon, took a boat ride for almost 3hrs (@Rs350) on the river. Pics followed:

13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg

Next day, our returning day, we got up late (due to previous night party [cheers]) we thought of taking bath in the river. But we have to checked out by 10am. (That’s the check out time of the hotel). We checked out from the hotel and straight went to the Dam and found a suitable place for bathing. Pics followed:
17.jpg
17AA.jpg
17BB.jpg
18.jpg

Spent around 2 hrs there. The best time in the trip though only for us (boys). My sis and wife got bored sitting there. Time to go home. Changed the dress and started our return journey at 4pm.

19.jpg
ready for return journey

While returning got stuck up in famous Panagarh Jam for 30mins. Cruising around 80kmph speed took few breaks and reached home at 11.30pm.

well written with excellent Pics,

Waiting fot more pics.

BTW, as like Rajvel mentioned. your fiests looks cool in all Pics

Good pictures. Your Fiesta looks cool.

Been on the Durgapur Bankura road recently. Its silk smooth and very nice scenery.

Mukutmanipur is also a lovely place.

How was the lodge where you stayed the 2nd day?

Excellent pics buddy. Keep them coming. I am sure no stretch would be heavy on pockets if your car is the Fiesta TDCi. This was one of my favorite car which i was thinking of swapping with my Alto, but didn't due to some issues.

Thread Starter #8
Good pictures. Your Fiesta looks cool.

Been on the Durgapur Bankura road recently. Its silk smooth and very nice scenery.

Mukutmanipur is also a lovely place.

How was the lodge where you stayed the 2nd day?
Thanks Chandranath.

you are absolutely right, the SH is really silk smooth.

The lodge where we stayed was very basic in facilities. It was only a year old lodge. There was no AC in any of the rooms. They have dining facility only for the guests but one needs to place order well in advance accordingly they prepare the food. The one thing whicg I liked the most was the terrace on the reception area. A very good "adda" zone. The room rate was also reasonable @Rs.600.

Thread Starter #9
Excellent pics buddy. Keep them coming. I am sure no stretch would be heavy on pockets if your car is the Fiesta TDCi. This was one of my favorite car which i was thinking of swapping with my Alto, but didn't due to some issues.
Thanks Akash.

You are absolutely right. If it would be the Fiesta TDCi the trip cost would be 40% cheaper almost[:D]. Even I am also planning to change with the (Fiesta) Classic TDCi.

Thanks Akash.

You are absolutely right. If it would be the Fiesta TDCi the trip cost would be 40% cheaper almost[:D]. Even I am also planning to change with the (Fiesta) Classic TDCi.
why you have a idea of changing classic TDCI.
Whats the mielage of your car in city and highways.

You are absolutely right. If it would be the Fiesta TDCi the trip cost would be 40% cheaper almost. Even I am also planning to change with the (Fiesta) Classic TDCi.
Sarkar Saheb,
As a petrol car lover, I suggest that you reconsider your decision once more. I think with a diesel, you may not get the same charm in driving, although you will definitely save on your fuel bill. But this is my personal opinion and difference of opinion is always solicited.
Regards,
Rahul

Thread Starter #12
why you have a idea of changing classic TDCI.
Whats the mielage of your car in city and highways.
The idea is to save my fuel bill[:D]

My usage is very less in city, mostly highway usage. Approx it gives around 9 km with 100% AC on. But in my last trip I got 13kmpl on the highway with 100% AC on.

The idea is to save my fuel bill[:D]

My usage is very less in city, mostly highway usage. Approx it gives around 9 km with 100% AC on. But in my last trip I got 13kmpl on the highway with 100% AC on.
Good idea it seems classic tdci gives you more mileage than fiesta tdci because of some weight reducing jobs.

Thread Starter #14
Sarkar Saheb,
As a petrol car lover, I suggest that you reconsider your decision once more. I think with a diesel, you may not get the same charm in driving, although you will definitely save on your fuel bill. But this is my personal opinion and difference of opinion is always solicited.
Regards,
Rahul
Rahulda, Thank you for your suggestion. I also love petrol cars and that's the reason I am still using it. I am not going to change it now, may be later. Buying Disel sedan is in planning stage only untill I arrange sufficient Vitamin M for that.[:D]

Top Bottom