A Trip Down Memory Lane

Thread Starter #1
Delhi
The video of Delhi was shot in ln Color in 1938 by Oscar winning cinematographer Jack Cardiff as a part of Road to India video. In this video you see Connaught Place as it was constructed by Britain and Rashtarpati bhavan and North - South block in its original splendor.

YouTube - ‪Delhi (1938)‬‏

What intrigues me how narrator praises the India Sari and Compares it to the finest Gown worn by women in Paris. It also show bullock carts were prohibited near Parliament street and shows various marble statue (which are now kept in coronation park in Delhi). The Places you see in North and South Block in nowadays inaccessible to common people (Times change) and the Rajpath was just a sand road not metaled road like today and there were no buildings around parliament unlike today. I hope you enjoyed this video.

Source - Youtube

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
It's one Jewel of a video. The feeling to watch Delhi in flashback is so refreshing and nostalgic. Your knowledge and interest for things in past era is commendable. Be it for vintage cars, instruments or places. Thanks for the valuable contribution. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice find Cortina. Yet another interesting thread. I found it hard to believe how that place has changed over time.

Thread Starter #6
@350z - Thanks for your valuable support without which these threads wouldn't have been possible.

@Jayadev - Thanks a lot

@Akash - Thanks for making this thread more presentable.If anything on my side I can do without troubling you please tell me,

Top Bottom