A Tale Of Two Tatas & Hyundai: Nano, Manza & i10

Thread Starter #76
Re: A Tale of Two Tatas: Nano LX and Manza Aqua QJD

Why you sold Nano with such less ODO Reading buddy?

[clap]Any major issues in past 2-3 years with the car?

Regards

Akash
Nano was replaced by an used Hyundai i10 (old gen) due to lack of space inside wife wanted a car with proper boot.

No major issues with Manza at all , only Glow Plug went bust twice , other than that going strong.
Changed battery at 50K , now changed tyres at 60K.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Time for update :

1. The Nano was sold in Nov 2015 with 28000 on odo.

2. Manza still going strong at 60000 km+ after 5.5 years. Really gem of a car from Tata.
Wow an update after a long time! The Manza is truly a class apart and we sold ours in January this year just because change is good. We sold the Manza for a Nexon XZ+ Diesel.

Thread Starter #78

^^ That is indeed change for Good . Congrats !!! But till now I have not found an MUV / Sedan (except Sunny) which has acres of space inside like Manza.

Thread Starter #79

Did the 60K regular service for Manza over the last week at Concorde Motors , bill came around 5K (with 15% TATA loyalty customer discounts).
Oil (Semi Synthetic Petronas 5W40), Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Coolant were changed. All other fluids topped up. AC Filter cleaned up.

Thread Starter #80

Since I dont have any dedicated thread for our Hyundai i10 posting the service experience here :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For long wifey's Hyundai i10 Sportz (2011) was due for service and after lot of deliberations thought to try a local FNG workshop rather than HASS. The reason is HASS charges more for labour (though some parts are little discounted) , also I cannot see the car being service as they do not allow to walk into service bay which is not my cup of tea.

Hence earlier this week landed up in my nearby FNG multibrand car workshop to get the 50K service done (though car had run only 48K).

Upon arrival the lady SA welcomed and noted down the requirements, she was joined by service manager as well. For a small service center their attitude is very professional. Since there was no other cars on queue immediately started work on my car. Within 30 mins they gave estimate what all required and showed me the defects. Apart from regular oil and coolant changes, the brake switch (under brake pedal) had conked off, RHS rear brake cylinder has leaking, and front tie rods had gone weak. I approved other works except tie rods and suspension bush which I discussed with the workshop owner and he said they can last for another 10K kms. Later I came to know that he worked many automobile majors including Mahindra, Nissan etc before opening this venture.

Worked started around 10.30 am and was finished at 3.30 pm. The reason for delay was they had to procure some parts like AC cabin filter and brake switch from market(JC Road) which is around 20 kms from our place.

Overall I am satisfied with the job and workmanship but I felt some parts were little charged more than they would have been. (i.e discounts not passed)

Total damages - Rs 6631/-

Breakup of cost (all inclusive GST wherever applicable) :

1. Engine Oil 4L @ Rs 310/L = Rs 1240 (HASS charged last year for 3.6L)
2. Coolant @ Rs 194/L = Rs 388 (HASS charged last year Rs 345/L)
3. Brake Oil @ Rs 91/L = Rs 182
4. Oil Filter = Rs 280 (HASS charged last year Rs 96 only)
5. Air Filter = Rs 229 (HASS charged last year Rs 239)
6. AC/Cabin Filter = Rs 400 (HASS charged last year Rs 457)
7. 4 Spark Plug @ Rs 76 = Rs 304
8. Brake Switch = Rs 699
9. Brake Wheel Cylinder RHS+Bush = Rs 750
10. PMS Labour = Rs 944 (HASS charged last year Rs 1940)
11. Brake Labour = Rs 354
12. Cosumables = Rs 236
13. Washing+ Liquid Polish = Rs 375
14. Wheel Alignment = RS 250

Apart from this I asked them to fix the Bosch wipers which I bought from Amazon Rs 319 for set of 2, which they gladly obliged.

Last year HASS charged other than PMS more charges for labour on heads like Other Job Labour, Cowl Top Cleaning, Throttle Body Cleaning, Brake Cleaning (all of which is already included here as standard). All above if done with HASS now with their overheads would have crossed the total bill RS 10K easily.

Overall Hyundais are very expensive to maintain specially if vehicle becomes older.
Pictures to follow later.

Address for the place : Sunrise Car Care , Kaikondrahalli, Off Sarjapur Road (next to Play Arena)
Manager : Praveen 7259111099

Thread Starter #81

Some Pictures , in Order

- Workshop Entrance
- Other cars being services
- Our i10 being serviced
- After Service at our parking lot.

Attachments

Some Pictures , in Order

- Workshop Entrance
- Other cars being services
- Our i10 being serviced
- After Service at our parking lot.
Hello Anshuman, this doesn't look like a FNG setup, more like a proper car dealership, but better.

And their charges seem reasonable, looking at the investment they have put in.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #83

Hello Anshuman, this doesn't look like a FNG setup, more like a proper car dealership, but better.

And their charges seem reasonable, looking at the investment they have put in.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod
Yes they are quite professional comapred to the charges they levy. Actually the owner himself is quite professional. I had word with him, he used to work for many automobile majors in high positions, year back he left his job and set up this .

He had invested around 55 lacs overall and target to get his ROI within 1 year.

Thread Starter #84

Did the 60K regular service for Manza over the last week at Concorde Motors , bill came around 5K (with 15% TATA loyalty customer discounts).
Oil (Semi Synthetic Petronas 5W40), Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Coolant were changed. All other fluids topped up. AC Filter cleaned up.
Today in my Manza's 6th Birthday.

- Insurance renewed with Oriental Insurance (50% NCB) comprehensive - Rs 5300/- with IDV of 2.7 Lacs.
- Till today car has done around 62K
- For last tankful refill (with insane diesel prices) gave astonishing FE of 17.52 KMPL in pure city drive.

Oh yes when I bought the car 6 years back diesel was Rs 51.19 /Lit and now Rs 75.40/Lit [frustration]
Still I can say it was worth every rupees I paid for the car.

Thread Starter #85
Last weekend took the Manza for out of city trip.
Bangalore - Horseley Hills (A.P.) - Bangalore.
Round trip was around 340 KMs. It was nice drive and car performed well. The car is around 63K run now.

During way back took a short cut route via Chintamani as per Google Maps. Roads were very bad at certain patches and the underbelly hit the ground hard at one point. There after there was strange sound from engine/GB in 1st/2nd gear at lower speeds but was normal at higher speeds. It was late did not take risk of stopping by, just ensured there was no oil leaks. The engine guard seemed to have taken hit and was culprit.

Some how managed to drive back home. Next day took the car straight to the FNG (as above where the i10 was serviced). Upon lifting the car on ramp , saw my guess was right , the engine guard was badly mangled taking the hit and was touching engine and silencer making the noise. Asked to take it off and re shape it. They did it efficiently.

Also changed Headlamps (3rd Time) and Wipers (3rd Time) both Bosch made.

Charges :
Headlamps Low beam (H7) - Rs 300 (Pair)
Wipers 24 " and 16" - Rs 400
All Labour - Rs 300

Today in my Manza's 6th Birthday.

- Insurance renewed with Oriental Insurance (50% NCB) comprehensive - Rs 5300/- with IDV of 2.7 Lacs.
- Till today car has done around 62K
- For last tankful refill (with insane diesel prices) gave astonishing FE of 17.52 KMPL in pure city drive.

Oh yes when I bought the car 6 years back diesel was Rs 51.19 /Lit and now Rs 75.40/Lit [frustration]
Still I can say it was worth every rupees I paid for the car.
please share the pics of your car, long time since I have seen any manza,

Thread Starter #88
Well the pampering of the car is still due, so pictures would take some time.

Meanwhile end of last year we made a trip of 1200 KM around Bangalore-Chennai-Mahabalipuram-Pondicherry-Bangalore.
Manza returned with astounding FE of around 21.5 KMPL. With acres of space inside as always and 5 adults/1kid plusp with bootfull of luggage I think the figures were very good.

Meanwhile we are contemplating selling off the i10 due to poor FE and rising maintenance costs. Replacement due ? Surprise !!!

Being a proud Manza owner i can say that if Manza was made by Maruti Suzuki, it would have been always ion top 3 selling cars. Just admire the comfort it offers man!!1

Top Bottom