A Tale Of Two Tatas & Hyundai: Nano, Manza & i10

Thread Starter #32
Re: A Tale of Two Tatas: Nano LX and Manza Aqua QJD

Today Ashesh (mastiandroid5) and myself had a mini Nano meet and then we went to JC Road for some shopping.

First couple of hours we did some window shopping (you thought only ladies did that, [evil]) and then bought as follows :

Anshuman - Noodle Mat material for Manza

Ashesh - Phillips H4 Bulbs, Roots Dual Horn, Steering Cover for Nano and its installation.

Also I negotiated prices for my nano seat cover (staring 1.7 k till 5k).

Now I have to to make the DIY mats for my Manza.

Now some pics of our morning meet.

Attachments

Thread Starter #33

Cut the noodle mats into exact shape and fit in my Manza floors. Boy the car interiors look all new [clap] I am happy that finishing is better that the 3D mats which I was looking for.

But cutting was a pain due to the blunt scissors which I had. Will post pictures shortly.

Today Ashesh (mastiandroid5) and myself had a mini Nano meet and then we went to JC Road for some shopping.

First couple of hours we did some window shopping (you thought only ladies did that, [evil]) and then bought as follows :

Anshuman - Noodle Mat material for Manza

Ashesh - Phillips H4 Bulbs, Roots Dual Horn, Steering Cover for Nano and its installation.

Also I negotiated prices for my nano seat cover (staring 1.7 k till 5k).

Now I have to to make the DIY mats for my Manza.

Now some pics of our morning meet.
It was really good meeting up with anshuman8, a Tai-ger and a nano owner. This is my first time to JC Road, and anshuman8 showed some real good stores there.

As said, I bought Philips xtreme vision H4 (60/55w) bulbs installed. I didn't drive in night so far, and sadly, I dont have pics to compare with. Hopefully will take anshuman8's help to compare the light improvement. We bought the lights fromm A.K. Traders who are (possibly) the dealers for the lamps. They offered the bulbs at the lowest price J.C road - Rs.950 pair.

We both spoke with saishibu regarding horn from JC road. We could not find Hella compact here. We tested a number of horns and found that Roots Smartone was a good option. It is a pair of horns (low and high tone?). We bought them at A K Traders @ Rs.420.

Cut the noodle mats into exact shape and fit in my Manza floors. Boy the car interiors look all new [clap] I am happy that finishing is better that the 3D mats which I was looking for.

But cutting was a pain due to the blunt scissors which I had. Will post pictures shortly.
Looking forward for the pics of the mats. Hopefully, I will update my Nano's mats too sometime soon.

Good to see two nano together. Anshuman share the noodle mat pics please.
Did you choosed any seat covers or found what you are looking for your nano?

mastiandroid5, do share the difference of the stock lamps with your upgraded ones when you two can met again.

Thread Starter #36

I will post the pictures of Noodle Mats. Actually I was inspired by varun560061 as he did on his Enjoy.

I have shortlisted seat covers for Nano, hope the stocks remain till next week.

Few Interior Snaps showing Noodle Mats laid out.

Please provide comments.
you picked up a very conservative black/grey shade, i had blazing red mat noodle mat in my sport [:)], are you using velcro to hold them firm underneath ?

Thread Starter #40

Day before yesterday i have also installed the same mats in my Angel but i did not got the full length like yours[frustration]
It is not full length. The rear is 3 pieces.

you picked up a very conservative black/grey shade, i had blazing red mat noodle mat in my sport [:)], are you using velcro to hold them firm underneath ?
Its maroon shade (I wanted black though). Tried to match with car color Tyrian Wine.
No velcro. The underneath is ribbed hence provides grip.

Thread Starter #41

A question to all Manza/Vista owners and former owners .

I want to upgrade my head lamp bulbs. The OEM ones are H7 60 55W (Osram).

What is the best possible upgrade (with or without relay) ?

As for as I know, An Upgrade definitely needs a Relay. And a relay won't need any wire cutting and all. Just plug and play concept.

BTW, I never thought to upgrade the OEM bulbs. I feel OEM bulbs are far enough for Night drive. High + Low beam will cover gives you the full view during the night drive and not even a single stone can hide from the headlights.

If you want to go for an upgrade the next option available is 100 90 W. you will need a relay for the same. I have opted for the same option but the problem which i am facing is these bulbs get heated very quickly and damage the reflectors so I would suggest possibly stick with your 60 55 W set up

Thread Starter #44

I read some where in another forum that there are Bosch and Phillips H7 80 W bulbs availbale which can be used without relay.

Can anyone advise if they have used it.

The reason for upgrade?

Please check if your high and low beams are focused correctly. I, like AppU, never felt the need for upgrading my headlight both high beam as well as low beam. On a couple of night drives on the highway I found just the low beam enough and drove with the lo beam and used the high beam only for passing.

Top Bottom