A Short But Fun Trip To Chicago

Thread Starter #1
So here comes another one from me and yes I am back again[:)] with another travelogue, making it no 9 on my list. People on this forum will now start thinking that what does Singh do, always making some or other road trips. Well that's me, i just need a reason to hit the highway.

Now the most weird and funny part is that I had no plans for this trip until morning. Actually my friend had to go to Wisconsin to meet his best friend as my friend is leaving for India this weekend. So he wanted to meet his friend and asked me if I want to come with him. Initially I said NO but then we came up with a plan to visit Chicago as it is only 100 miles (160 kms) from his friends place. And I had never been to Chicago, so I was down for the trip. So all this happened around 4:00 PM and we were on our way to Wisconsin at 6:00 PM. So that’s how this trip was planned.

So we left around 6 PM for Wauwatosa, WI which is 330 miles (530 kms) from Minneapolis. we got stuck in the traffic as soon as we left since it was office hour and every one was going home or for a party, movie etc etc as it was Friday (The day I wait for throughout the week[lol]). So after struggling in the traffic for about 15-20 mins we managed to get on the Interstate highway and my civic was cruising at 75 mph (120 kms). After driving for 30 miles we stopped at a rest area and had some food as both of us had to skip our lunch due to some loongggg back to back meetings at work. After 45 mins(since the waiter and kitchen took their own sweet time to prepare 2 burgers and salad) we were back on track. And we made to Wauwatosa around 11 PM.

Than next day we left for Chicago around 1 PM and reached there by 2:30 PM covering 100 miles (160 kms). Though there is a lot to do in Chicago but we didn’t had much time so we decided to take the Architecture Tour Boat Ride. This boat ride is for 1 hour where they give you a tour of the entire downtown Chicago on a boat and is really good. After the boat ride we went to the amazing John Hancock building, it’s a 100 story building and is the fourth tallest building in Chicago, sixth tallest in the US.

They have a bar/lounge at the 96 floor of the building known as “The Signature Room/Lounge”. And guys it was fun. We had booked a table in advance and were given a table by the window and the view was WOWW[angel]. Anyone visiting Chicago, don’t miss this.
So after having a couple of drinks and some light snacks we went to an Indian restaurant picked up some food and left back for Wauwatosa, WI And next day (Sunday) we came back to Minneapolis.

Below are some of the Trip Details:

Car: 06 Honda Civic
Total Distance: 900 miles (1440 kms)

Total Fuel: $ 65
FE: Around 40 mpg (17 kmpl)
Avg. Speed: 80 mph (128 kmph)
Top Speed: 118 mph (188 Kmph) only for couple of minutes though as it was a 5 lane highway.

Route: Route Map attached below.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
university of Chicago
DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0480.jpg

Wrigley building. In the above pic you can see how the two buildings are connected with a skyway.
DSCN0481.jpg

Tribune Tower..the most beautiful and distinctive office building in the world
DSCN0482.jpg

Sears Towers now known as Willis Tower. It is a 108 story building built in 1973. At that time it was the tallest building in the world and continue to remain the tallest building for 25 years.

That's the One Museum Park Building, the tallest residential building in Chicago and the second tallest in US
DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg
Boat goes so close to the bridge and we were told not to stand or raise our hands at that point of time for our safety purposes.
DSCN0486.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
So here comes another one from me and yes I am back again with another travelogue, making it no 9 on my list. People on this forum will now start thinking that what does Singh do, always making some or other road trips. Well that's me, i just need a reason to hit the highway.
Nice travelogue. You are eventually covering the whole U.S. Our servers are located in Chicago too, so it instantly made me check this thread out. Keep these travelogues coming. I really enjoy them. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

+1 to 350z,

Whenever I saw your travelogue I immediately jump into your thread to see the U.S.[clap]

waiting for more Pics.

Thread Starter #6
Nice travelogue. You are eventually covering the whole U.S. Our servers are located in Chicago too, so it instantly made me check this thread out. Keep these travelogues coming. I really enjoy them. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks Vibhor. Feels good that people like my travelogues. And yes there are still many places on my exploring plate. And if time allows the travelogues will just get better. [:)]

Next in plate would be south and west coast.

+1 to 350z,

Whenever I saw your travelogue I immediately jump into your thread to see the U.S.

waiting for more Pics.
Thanks buddy. You are always very prompt in replying to my travelogues[:)]

And yes more pictures are coming from this trip, just hang on.

need to compress the size of the pictures.

Thread Starter #7
Pictures continued..

That's the Marina City
DSCN0487.jpg
The two towers contain identical floor plans. The bottom 19 floors form an exposed spiral parking ramp operated by valet with 896 parking spaces per building. The 20th floor of each contains a laundry room with panoramic views of the Loop, while floors 21 through 60 contain apartments (450 per tower). A 360-degree open-air roof deck lies on the 61st and top story.
DSCN0488.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

That's the Merchandise Mart Building. This the largest building in the world with 4,000,000 square feet of floor space. The building is so big that it had its own ZIP code until 2008.
123.jpg

That was an open bridge which is now always in this state. Chicago has the highest no. of bridges in a city that can open and close. They have a total no of 52 bridges out of which 32 are currently used but other bridges are in working condition as well.
DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0496.jpg

View attachment 68907

DSCN0498.jpg

Top Bottom