A Road Trip From Jamshedpur To Shimla

Thread Starter #1
I am planning a Road trip with my family from Jamshedpur to Shimla in Maruti Ertiga in October 2018. Will be stating on 13th afternoon at about 14:00 hrs. Can any one here please suggest me a proper itinerary with stoppages so that I can book hotels accordingly. My bookings in Shimla are from 16th October.

Take NH 33 to Barhi via Ranchi, Ramgarh and Hazaribagh. From Barhi take NH 2 right upto Chandigarh and onwards to Kalka and Shimla from Chandigarh.

Depending on your driving speed and tenacity make the first halt in Varanasi. Second halt in Delhi (you can cross Delhi and find hotels around Sonepat area) And 3rd night you can be in Shimla.

If you can be more aggressive on the highways then drive upto Agra and the next day to Shimla. But this will be tiring.

^^ on NH2 (which is AH1 now) till Etawah take this route, after which take a detour towards Lucknow Agra Express highway (this way is better and faster, and you completely avoid firozabad, shikohabad) and this merges with the Yamuna expressway before Agra.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom