A Road To The History of Ideal Jawa (Yezdi)

At the closure of the company it was owned by Tehmoth Irani. The current status unknown.It will be a great excitement if the Iconic brand of the 70's & 80's is revived with foremost advanced models from the parent company Jawa are bought in here.Apart from that by just producing the spares and providing a perfect platform to restore the idling bikes across the country will indeed bring in a hefty returns.Ask any old timers travelling in train about a major landmark at Mysore the immediate answer will be the Ideal Jawa factory situated by the side of the railway line.Even today the factory is vacant .Why can't it be taken over by any existing manufacturers in enabling for regional operations .
It will be great gesture if an coverage is published about the duo from Mysore who had navigated across the globe on a Roadking,or a adventure across the Australia without a single puncture and many more associated with Ideal Jawa . Above all for the sheer obsession for these machines by their owners it is very common scene across Karnataka, a innumerable jawa's,yezdi's just lying unused or restored just because they do not want to be departed with their reliable trusted partner at any cost that too at a center stage in their premises.

Thanks @Incarnation, for this moving story on the iconic Ideal Jawa, many have still kept their Yezdi's in immaculate condition.

The twin barrel exhaust doing "Dhuii Dhuii" still have heads turning.

Hoping against hope, as the Iconic Lamberatta is making a come back, the Jawa/Yezdi will also come back.

Thread Starter #18
I am friends with many yezdi jawa owners and I do ride them every now and then. There are jawa clubs which are still functional and roaring, every jawa day all the south club members meet at the old jawa factory and have a ride to mark the day. Its a sight you wouldn't miss if you are a true jawa fan. In the location where I am people have preserved these beauties.

Top Bottom