A Reality Check: How Many of Us Actually Wear Seat Belts?

Do you wear your seat belt?

• Total voters
Now this is something new for research. Does test drive cars are equipped with basic safety features?
Its a shock first of all that no seat belt hook[surprise]on the quality that germans say about? Or was it broken on this piece of vehicle.
Yo guys, the seat belt hook was hidden under the seat! Not that it was not present at all [:)]

Last edited:
Yo guys, the seat belt hook was hidden under the seat! Not that it was not present at all [:)]
Day before yesterday i sat in my colleagues car (Zen Estilo) while moving between our office campuses located within 1.5 Km's. I was sitting at backside because front seat was occupied by his manager [glasses]. I found seat belt but failed to locate its hook. For approx. 750 meters i searched it under seat covers by brushing my fingers up-to seat edges, but failed to find it.

The well educated and highly positioned guys seated ahead were busy in discussing strategies without wearing seat belts. I did not get time to ask where is the seat belt hook, but am curious to know it and "Curiosity Kills the Cat" [;)]

Last edited:
one day my wife and her brother went to attend a birthday party of her colleague and it was late and her brother was driving and my wife was sleeping on the front passenger seat without a seat belt and the car crashed into the roundabout bcoz of a auto driver taking sudden turn without indication. man that was a hell of accident has cost her a surgery of her face which had 35 fractures. best news was nothing happened to her life it took 2 months for her to speak a single word. a turning point in my life for sure. though we speak lightly about it now. but wearing a seat belt could have avoided that. from that day on she makes it a point that everyone in the family is wearing a seatbelt.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hmm... My fav topic.
I am so accustomed to seatbelts that when I don't wear them, I get that 'something is missing" feel instantly!
I made everyone in my family a lover of Seatbelts. Cops or no cops, weat it for oneself.
My dad is so positive about them that he loves to wear them in rear/middle seats as well!
Most difficult people to pursuade are Women(mom) who feel that seatbelt is squeezing my tummy but I don't start driving unless she belts up. Now she wears them too.
I made seatbelts compulsary to 2 Buddies who now buckle up regularly.

yesterday I saw this special monument on the crossroads. Some other activities are also going by the police department approx 30 persons. I read a board with a message like that
"Mom and Dad for my sake not drive fast"

NOTE-Mods please move this post to appropriate thread, I failed to find one.

Attachments

Yes, always atleast to shut the warning buzzer off[lol]

To be honest, I find them irritating during the multiple stops made while shopping like in veg market in my home town (like 5-10 times getting out of the car within 30mins) but the seat belt warning is even more irritating enough to get me on the seat with seat belt[:D].

During highway drives, not only me(driver) I will also make sure the co-passenger were buckled up.

Last edited:
Yes, I always use my seatbelt. If my fellow passenger refuses to wear it, I will treat him/her with a sudden break and he/she will end up on the dashboard[;)]. Soon he/she will wear the seat belt.

I also have a habit of using the rear seatbelt if I am in the rear seat(But that is a rare case, as I don't let any others drive when I am there)

bhvm

Honoured Member
Yes, I always use my seatbelt. If my fellow passenger refuses to wear it, I will treat him/her with a sudden break and he/she will end up on the dashboard[;)]. Soon he/she will wear the seat belt.

I also have a habit of using the rear seatbelt if I am in the rear seat(But that is a rare case, as I don't let any others drive when I am there)
Ha ha. you made me. nostalgic!

my aunt suffered broken nose many years ago due to no seatbelts. but still she doesn't comply! now I shifted her to rearmost row of seats.

I. don't know why women are so averse to seatbelts and helmets in general.

my wife and sister wears it though. but explaining mom is very difficult.

Yes, i do wear seatbelts even in bumper to bumper traffic in my Aria as the seat belt buzzer irritates me a lot so can't resist.

Thought of setting off the seat belt buzzer/beeper but didn't want to do it.

WTF...

Can't understand why people won't belt up. You don't have anything to lose. It's not too uncomfortable (infact not at all, unless your height is too low), easy to wear, easy to remove. Moreover, if the car is equipped with airbags, it is more dangerous.

On a lighter note, only COMPLETE idiots will buy this. Partial idiots will go to a garage, tell the mech to cut a seat belt of any rotting vehicle, take the hook and use it. Rs. 270 saved.

Smart guys will just fasten real seat belts.

Last edited:

Top Bottom