A Rare Sight: The 3 Door Zen

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Yesterday I spotted a rare model of Zen known as Zen “Steel”. Around 7 – 8 ago Maruti launched a 3 Door Zen hatchback in India which was available in two versions: Zen Carbon and Zen Steel. Though only 600 of these were produced and it became favorite among young generation in no time. However, all in all, it was not so successful due to the lesser practicality. Anyways I still love this car and would love to own one if there’s one around for sale.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Its really rare to spot this & great find!

But for my eyes, zen doesn't look good in 2 doors :)

I have spotted Scorpio & Sierra in 2 doors which are really awesome!

This is real news to me!! I swear I had never heard of a 2-door Zen before.

Sad, these were a total flop. Would have loved to own one [:)]

yes it was a great car.but still real fun could be 2 door zen with esteem 1.3L engine which is bolt on fit.

good catch vibs, its carbon zen got famour with its unique two doors hatch, superb to drive.Sad part was that it didnt appealed in market and didnt do well so which as to company produced few only to deliver.This was the best design of zen so far and sold mostly.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
This is real news to me!! I swear I had never heard of a 2-door Zen before. Sad, these were a total flop. Would have loved to own one
You could still own a used one but the problem is that it's too hard to find one in used car market.

good catch vibs, its carbon zen got famour with its unique two doors hatch, superb to drive.Sad part was that it didnt appealed in market and didnt do well so which as to company produced few only to deliver.This was the best design of zen so far and sold mostly.
Yes Vijay but this is the Zen "Steel".

Drive Safe!
350Z

I actually liked this car. But i never knew, when it was kept for sale and when it was taken away. Poor marketing, i'd say.

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Yes. That’s because the hatch door is also included. Therefore, technically 2 Door = 3 Door and 4 Door = 5 Door.

Drive Safe!
350Z

deville_56

Honoured Member
These were surplus export left over to Poland. Sold in India as limited edition. Only Maruti knows how to sell ceased models for premium price.

300 Carbon and 300 Steel where there and sold out like hot cake.

Decent number of 3-door Zens here in Trivandrum and some of them kitted and performance tuned [not engine swaps]

Last edited:
Not a Flop

The 3 door zen is not a flop but has only 300 carbon units and 300 steel units across India. As far as i know these cars have a really high resale value because they are rare.
i have seen a Zen carbon totalled at a Maruti Service Center.My car's service is due,i'll get pics if the car is still there

deville_56

Honoured Member
3-door Zen had the same dimensions, engine, and interiors. Only difference was larger front doors for easy entry to second row.

[OT] Maruti doing the same trick with Swift too. They are clearing out the left out 1.3 litre petrol Swifts as limited edition [Glam Edition] at premium price. 1.3 litre version is stopped and new Swift gonna get Ritz's 1.2 litre KB-series motor.

3-door Zen had the same dimensions, engine, and interiors. Only difference was larger front doors for easy entry to second row.

[OT] Maruti doing the same trick with Swift too. They are clearing out the left out 1.3 litre petrol Swifts as limited edition [Glam Edition] at premium price. 1.3 litre version is stopped and new Swift gonna get Ritz's 1.2 litre KB-series motor.

absolutely, actually zxi features are given with dual tone interiors in its said glam model, but missed out on alloys, no airbags, just to clear more stocks of their petrol engines of current 1.3L.

Top Bottom