A New Maruti 800 Enthusiast in TAI

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
I am a new member in TAI. [clap]
My name is Aditya Pandey. I am from Ranchi-Jharkhand. Currently preparing for Medical entrance examinations.
I am also an automotive enthusiast like the members here but my knowledge as compared to them is nothing :lol!:
Currently we own a 1998 Maruti 800 STD.
I have posted a ownership review here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/27830-my-life-1998-maruti-800-std.html

Looking forward to increase my knowledge interacting with fellow members.[:D]

Regards,
Aditya.

Last edited:
Hello, Aditya. Welcome though I joined after you did :biggrin:
We had an M800. Was our grandfather's. Kept it for almost 13 years till we sold it last year for 65k because it was a bit small for our liking. Pretty new to find a M800 enthusiast but that's understandable considering the no-nonsense behaviour of the car.
Anyway, have a great time and best of luck for your entrance exams[:)]

Thread Starter #5
Hello, Aditya. Welcome though I joined after you did :biggrin:
We had an M800. Was our grandfather's. Kept it for almost 13 years till we sold it last year for 65k because it was a bit small for our liking. Pretty new to find a M800 enthusiast but that's understandable considering the no-nonsense behaviour of the car.
Anyway, have a great time and best of luck for your entrance exams[:)]
Thank you Sir.
As you rightly mentioned,the reasons for being a 800 enthusiast is not only its no nonsense behaviour, but also low maintenance costs :biggrin:.
Example: I read somewhere that the clutch assembly change for a skoda rapid (or laura)
plus regular service costs about 65k . But in the 800 it will only cost you 5k max.

also low maintenance costs
Of course that's very true. It's why most people try to retain their older cars. In the new ones, even a tail light assembly bill can run anywhere between 5k and 20k!!!
Oh, and you don't have to 'sir' me. I'm just a final year BE student :lol!:

Hi all,
I am a new member in TAI.
My name is Aditya Pandey. I am from Ranchi-Jharkhand. Currently preparing for Medical entrance examinations.
Welcome to TAI Aditya, hope you enjoy here.
All the very best for your medical entrance preparations.

Hello Aditya_Rnc! your car has been well maintained!

Although I own a Hyundai Grand i10, I am a big fan of the Maruti 800 myself. It was the first car I ever drove and I still feel its one of the easiest cars to drive even without the power steering (the one I drove did not have it).

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Probably, many might have started their driving with M800. I too started driving on this and also Owned two M800's in the begining.!

Anyway, welcome to the forum..

Hi all,
I am a new member in TAI. [clap]
I am also an automotive enthusiast like the members here but my knowledge as compared to them is nothing :lol!:
Currently we own a 1998 Maruti 800 STD.
I have posted a ownership review here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/27830-my-life-1998-maruti-800-std.html
Looking forward to increase my knowledge interacting with fellow members.[:D]
Regards,
Aditya.
Hello Aditya,
Its good having someone like you on board! Reminds me of my own enthusiasm at your age (by the way, I am 65 & a retired marine engr!), but I remember I used to ride my father's scooter at the time since we didn't have a car. My first car was an OMNI when I was 36, and we lavished heaps of TLC on it while we had it.
Welcome to the club and do contribute anything interesting that you come across.
Regards,
Shashanka

Top Bottom