A Lazy Drive Up The Seventy Hairpin Road...

Thank you HR

Yes, had been to Nagarhole, Tholpatti, Bandipore, Mudumalai, Parambikulam and most of the well known wildlife sanctuaries in south. But not done much exploration in AP except Hyd and Horsely Hills.

Megamalai, I never heard of it. Had you been there before?

Of course Andamans are good location, but no way you can have a road trip.

In my case, I get more pleasure in driving than the destination; may be 50:50.[drive]

Thread Starter #32
The way I see - "Two HOD'S discussing about subjects"
More like the HOD and a student...

Very good pictures and an interesting travelogue.
Number of hairpin bends are mind blowing.
Happy to note that Manza performed well to your expectations.
Thank you. Yes. The car didn't let me down[:)]

She was eating loads and loads of fruits (colourful rare varities - may be unique to that place) and then stocking huge quantities to consume on the way.
That explains a lot, doesn't it? [:D]

not done much exploration in AP except Hyd and Horsely Hills.
In AP, Konaseema seams attractive. Do look it up for a trip once the dust settles down in AP.

Megamalai, I never heard of it. Had you been there before?
You can look it up here. The drive should be good. It is on our list.

In my case, I get more pleasure in driving than the destination; may be 50:50.
Way to go, Ram. Just reminded me of a old song I used to like long ago... sums up my feeling when I am at the wheels...

Nobody gonna take my car
I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
It's gonna break the speed of sound
Oooh it's a killing machine
It's got everything
Like a driving power big
Fat tyres and everything

I love it and I need it
I bleed it
Yeah it's a wild hurricane
Alright hold on tight
I'm a highway star

@HR

Woh!!!!

What a composition!!!

Megamalai; Thank you for the link. I don't know how I missed this place. I always take that route only while driving from Chennai to Kottayam, Trichy>Dindugul>Theni>Kambam>Kumily>Kottayam. I think next time I will visit this place too.

Yes, AP, we will have to wait.

Its a beautiful place with flowers and nature on both sides of the road and technically there is 70+ hairpin bends, but almost all the hairpin bends are narrow. So you don't get a proper ride even though you have 70 hairpins. This kolli hills is a seasonal tourist attraction. If you are just to enjoy the ride then its okay! During seasonal time it looks beautiful and there is 2 waterfalls over the hilltop which is also seasonal. One agai gangai falls which is 1061 steps deep! But going there in nonseasonal time would be foolishness! You can even find some local places over there which looks more nature friendly!

Nice travelogue. Like you mentioned, Kolli malai is not really a tourist spot. But it is the abode of siddhars/sages and it is the place of rare medicinal herbs. But it has some beautiful scenery but not much to do. Once a group of blogging friends including myself got together and went there circa 2008, in a self-drive hired car.
There is also a temple of the local deity there.

Top Bottom