A Lazy Drive To Hogenakkal

Thread Starter #16
Yes, bad stretch indeed. but not bad enough to hit the underbody. It was the bumpiness that was bothersome. It is around 10 to 12 kms before the destination.

No more river fish for us. [;)]

Hi Guys,

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...0573-urgent-tourist-spot-near-dharmapuri.html

Here is my Recent Travelogue to Hogenakkal falls.

We have done the unplanned trip to Hogennakal last week.

As it is a unplanned trip I don't have any stories to write, So I'm using the Existing thread created by HR.

No of Occupants : Myself, My Dad , Mom & my sister & her 4months old kid.
Car : Nothing other than my Vista VX

We went to Dharmapuri to attend a function of our relative. we started from Vellore around 4:45am.

There was a heavy fog on that day, nothing was visible. I really enjoyed the ride.

Route traveled : Vellore > Krishnagiri > Dharmapuri > Adhiyammnan Kottah > Hogennakal > Dharmapuri > Krishnagiri > Vellore

Total Kms Covered : 480Kms (up & down)

The road condition was really good. Till Krishnagiri at some stretches, six lane was completed fully & driving was really fun. As I said earlier, the road was completely covered with fog, we can say nothing was visible, But the headlights done its job well.

we reached Dharmapuri around 7:00am and we spent some time for Photo shoot & we went to attend the function. The function completed around 12am.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Whitey in Foggy Background:

5.jpg

6.jpg

6a.jpg

With me:
6b.jpg

Then we decided to go to Hogenakkal falls.The distance between Dharmapuri to Hogenakkal is 58Kms & the road condition from Dharmapuri to Hogenakkal was a newly laid Double lane road. The road condition was good but Bumpy.

On the way to Falls:

7.jpg

Last edited:
When we nearing to falls there is the check post. Beyond the check post the road was really good and scenery. But, the curves are blind & sharp. we need to be very careful on those roads.

When we reached Hognakkal around 1:10pm, one police man asked me to park my car in Bus stand. I was wondered about the parking in Bus stand. then I found there was a huge space to park our cars in bus stand. there I saw a Ritz with yellow board for the very first time.

On the Way to Falls:

7a.jpg

7b.jpg

7c.jpg

7d.jpg

7e.jpg

7e1.jpg

7f.jpg

8.jpg

As this was my first time to Hognnekal. I was very much excited to see the falls.

When I near to main falls, It was awesome, I felt like I was surrounded by full of water.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

From Hanging Bridge:

11a.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Some more Pics of "Parisel":

Parisel Journey:

Parisel ride.jpg

Parisel ride 2.jpg

Parisel.jpg

Parisel 2.jpg

Falls.jpg

As we took my sister's 4month kid. we doesn't took bath. And there was heavy sun on that day. so we just visited the falls for an hour & returned to car.

we all didn't had our lunch at Hogennal & we decided to have our lunch at Dharmapuri. but, there was no hotel available around 3:00pm. we searched throughout the route, but didn't found any single hotel.

As we already crossed our lunch time, we had tea, Omelet & some snacks in Dharmapuri to Krishnagiri NH & decided to buy Briyani in Ambur & brought Star Briyani at Ambur[:D]

while return, in six lane stretches I touched 110km/hr. But, we didn't feel any vibration or jumping. As we have a kid, I maintained the speed according to the road condition.

we reached Vellore around 6:30pm.

I enjoyed the trip very much.

Nice photos man
the still with mist looks awesome!!!!!!
Thank you buddy. The fog near Krishnagiri was too dense when compare to Dharmapuri. But, didn't took any photos on those area.

Nice pics buddy..[clap]
Have you calculated the mileage??
No buddy. I not calculated the mileage this time.

I checked the mileage during my sabarimala trip, but this time we just enjoyed the new area.

Good pictures! Did you take any pictures of the falls while in the Parisel?
No HR, As we took a baby, we just visited the falls and returned to car.

The spacing of T A T A at the rear hatch seems different for different vistas.
In some I saw T A T A
In others like yours I saw TATA
Why this difference? Any info regarding this??

The spacing of T A T A at the rear hatch seems different for different vistas.
In some I saw T A T A
In others like yours I saw TATA
Why this difference? Any info regarding this??

Even My Vista also having some space in T A T A. but, in photo view the gap seems to be reduced.

I'll post the close view very soon(After I took the snap)[glasses]

BTW, TATA has changed its "T" logo & increased the Character space between T A T A in all cars

Even you can check the thread of Gurrala's first Impression about Vista 2012: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-tata-vista-vx-2012-first-impressions.html

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Went for another drive to Hogenakkal last Saturday. It started raining and we kept going hoping the rain would stop. No such luck. So we just had lunch there with some fresh fried fish and returned. Not much photos as it was raining and the wildlife went hiding...

We took the Anjetty route.

Some wild flowers...

wild flower 03.jpg

wild flower 04.jpg

wild flower 05.jpg

@HR

I missed this Hogenekkal thread of yours and now only I am seeing it.

You covered it in a very beautiful way with your excellent photographic skills. The pictures are talking a million. Great dedication.

Of-course the fishes there look very tempting and what you get will have full of thorns, and you should be very careful while eating.

Sad that your weekend trip didn't workout as planned. Don't worry, there is always a next time.

Thread Starter #30
@HR

I missed this Hogenekkal thread of yours and now only I am seeing it.

You covered it in a very beautiful way with your excellent photographic skills. The pictures are talking a million. Great dedication.

Of-course the fishes there look very tempting and what you get will have full of thorns, and you should be very careful while eating.

Sad that your weekend trip didn't workout as planned. Don't worry, there is always a next time.
Thanks Ram.

On our last visit we didn't like the fish. But this time the fried fish tasted good. I had quite a lot.

Sunbirds in different hues...

purple sunbird anjetty 02.jpg

purple sunbird anjetty 01.jpg

Top Bottom