A Lazy Drive Across a Mountain and Some Forests…

Thread Starter #31
Re: A Lazy Drive Across a Mountain and Some Forests…

Thanks Ram.

After crossing Bandipur, we took a right turn to Chamrajnagar from Gundlupet. It was a patchy road all the way to Chamrajnagar. From Chamrajnagar we had planned to take the Yelandur, Malavali, kanagapura route to Bangalore. But I got lost and ended up in some route towards, Mysore. The route was full of paddy fields and sugar cane fields. But we were able to see some Black necked Ibis.

Black necked Ibis...

ooty_brd_07.jpg

ooty_brd_06.jpg

In flight...

ooty_brd_02.jpg

Rain? No issues... I am fully covered for that...

ooty_brd_03.jpg

ooty_brd_04.jpg

My wife, getting tired of my wandering, switched on the GPS and navigated to Malavali. From there it was a straight forward drive to Bangalore. It rained heavily on and off and we reached home by around 7:30 pm.

Lazy to change lens, I skipped taking landscapes and scenery and focused on only wild life. Need to find a workaround for that.

@HR

Wonderful travelogue and great pictures, especially the last few.

I think the birds and animals are really posing for you until you get the best capture.

Thanks for sharing.

Thread Starter #35

Wonderful travelogue and great pictures, especially the last few.
Thanks Ram. The last set of pictures was a piece of luck. If I had not got lost I wouldn't have seen them.[:)]

I think the birds and animals are really posing for you until you get the best capture.
I always try to get a shot of birds or animal looking directly at me if possible, just for my keepsake.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know the names of all those birds??
+1 to Fyzy, Even I too wondered about the same
There are other forums where there are dedicated bird photographers and dedicated threads for bird photography. They help me identify birds that are new to me. Once you pin a name to a bird it is easy to remember it.[;)]

There are other forums where there are dedicated bird photographers and dedicated threads for bird photography. They help me identify birds that are new to me. Once you pin a name to a bird it is easy to remember it.[;)]
That is great HR. [clap] Thank you for taking pain in naming them. I had never seen many of the birds you have posted in my life until now. [:)]

Thread Starter #38

That is great HR. Thank you for taking pain in naming them. I had never seen many of the birds you have posted in my life until now.
Thank you. You are welcome!

simply you rocks, keep it up
Thank you

[:D] Sure! We intend to keep the wheels rolling and the shutters clicking... [:D]

Last edited:
First of all wonderful photography and good tips.

I am planning for a trip to Ooty in the month of Feb-2015. Is that time ok. I am going with my family( wife and two kids )

Thread Starter #40

First of all wonderful photography and good tips.

I am planning for a trip to Ooty in the month of Feb-2015. Is that time ok. I am going with my family( wife and two kids )
Thank you.

February should be a good time as there will be less rain and more sunshine. However, the nights may turn out to be quite cold. If your kids can handle the chill, then nothing to stop you.

Top Bottom