A Hello, a Moan and a Lotus Elise!

Thread Starter #1
Hi all, first of all what a pleasant surprise it was to register on this forum thanks to the moderators having made it such an easy process. Having had a particularly trying time trying to register onto another well known forum (no prizes for guessing which one) whose snobbish attitude, demands for writing essays (!) and asking me all about myself barring my inner thigh measurements makes me think they should label themselves as a posh book club.

Anyway having moved from UK I decided to bring my Lotus Elise back with me. Thankfully all the formalities are completed and I thought I would share some pics of this car (going to give it a go in the inventory section). It's a S1 being the purest version of the elise variant. Built purely for speed and driving pleasure. 0-100 kph around the 4 sec (sub 4 sec depending on conditions) mark and 0-160 kph around the 9 sec mark. I believe it is the only S1 in India.
My daily ride is an ecosport which truly is superb value for money. I am also into bikes having previously owned a Honda 400rr, Aprilia RS250 race replica and a Suzuki SV650. Currently hoping to get the R15 Yamaha soon for a bit of fun.
Kind regards
Adil

Thats an enviable list! A very warm welcome to TAI!

Looking forward for the Elise pics and also please explain the damages in bringing it to india from the UK and insights to the process.

Again enjoy your stay here!

Thread Starter #3
1339063420988.jpg

1339063419921.jpg

I got the car on t/r (transfer of residence). Would not really recommend importing a car to India. All in all it includes Duty of about 230% on the value of the car and freight charges + freight + registration charges including lifetime tax.
The process is time consuming, expensive and stressful!!! Steer clear of it (no pun intended)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I won't welcome you since I'm new as well :biggrin:. You are lucky,having an S1.Congrats!Ecosport is great as well. I don't have enough to buy it [cry]!
Let me guess:The earlier forum's name has two words, starting with a "T" and ends with a "P".I tried it too!Sorry if wrong.

350Z

Core Team
Anyway having moved from UK I decided to bring my Lotus Elise back with me. Thankfully all the formalities are completed and I thought I would share some pics of this car (going to give it a go in the inventory section). It's a S1 being the purest version of the elise variant. Built purely for speed and driving pleasure. 0-100 kph around the 4 sec (sub 4 sec depending on conditions) mark and 0-160 kph around the 9 sec mark. I believe it is the only S1 in India.
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Adil. It's brilliant to have an owner of the only Elise S1 in India with us on the forum. Hope to check out your car next time I'm in Hyderabad. :smile: Please don't forget to create an ownership review with the relevant details on the ownership experience so far + hassles of importing one to India. You bet, it'll be one heck of an interesting read. Keep us posted and feel free to get in touch with the moderators should you require any support related to the forum.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Adil, welcome to The Automotive India and enjoy your stay.
Congratulations on your Ecosport as well as your S1.Shows your passion for your ride to have got your vehicle even with all the hassles as well as costs for transferring it here.
Do start your ownership thread of your both the rides.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks 350z. Will try to do a review at some point when things are a bit more settled on the settling down front. Haven't even had a chance to get the lis out for a spin since I moved! I spend a fair bit of time in Mumbai but do give a shout if you are coming to hyd. It's a very special car with performance which only a true car lover can appreciate.

IMG_20140801_155511.JPG

350Z

Core Team
Thanks 350z. Will try to do a review at some point when things are a bit more settled on the settling down front. Haven't even had a chance to get the lis out for a spin since I moved! I spend a fair bit of time in Mumbai but do give a shout if you are coming to hyd. It's a very special car with performance which only a true car lover can appreciate.
That's true. At some point, I too was smitten with the bug of importing a cheap used sports car from Japan which was turning out to be fairly affordable but certain policies and hassles involved in importing one were alone enough to drop the plan. Could you share the total landed cost for this car?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
That's true. At some point, I too was smitten with the bug of importing a cheap used sports car from Japan which was turning out to be fairly affordable but certain policies and hassles involved in importing one were alone enough to drop the plan. Could you share the total landed cost for this car?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Prefer to keep that one quiet if you don't mind. Very sensible of you for having dropped your plans. In my case passion overrode all common sense. Cars and bikes are amongst my passions particularly doing restorations. Over the years whilst living abroad have been lucky enough to have had a MR2, RX7, BMW 325 Sport and also a close call with a Ferrari engined Maserati Gransport once. Have also done a few track and rally days. Here is a pic of my fav bike:

Attachments

Wishing you a very hearty welcome. [:)]
Looking forward to read the first review of a Lotus in the forum.

Regarding that particular forum team, just google it and you will get lots of complaints related to their complex registration process and excessive moderation. [;)]

Top Bottom