A Good laptop; Bought Acer!

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys yes , finally i may buy a new laptop next week. And am pretty much confused between Acer , Dell and Vaio![confused]

The specifications i look forward to are:

Core i5 processor
4GB RAM
500GB HDD

With these features the price list is:

Acer ~46k

Dell ~53k

Vaio ~57k

My dad being a Sony fan is opting for Vaio and doesn mind spending tat extra amount but am pretty much confused as all the brands are good. Anybody here using these products? Also one thing am worried is service backup , so out of these three which is more reliable and with a better service back-up? Waiting for all your suggestions and inputs.

And also i after hearing some of our member reviews have decided to go for TATA Photon plus data card![thumbsup]

Dhaya i would suggest you to go for Dell , As they are far reliable than the latter.

Sony offers stylish products but there has been a reliability issue of them calling back the defective products.

Acer according to me is crap as my cousins laptop stopped working within 2 years & its after sales service is highly questionable.

So go for dell , they provide you assistance via phone.

And opt for extended warranty within what you are paying, & wait till Independence day as there may be more offers lying for you.

I heard TATA-Croma is offering huge discounts.

Regarding Photon Plus go ahead.

Sony Vaio is a nice looking laptop and it has more brand/snob value, but my suggestion would be Dell. It has best service back-up and its robust.

Thread Starter #4
@ Mukesh and RSM Well one of my friend having a Dell is having all sorts of problems in his laptop within few years so am worried about it! And Acer most of my friends are having it and they are pretty satisfied with it , so only considering it! And my dad has almost fallen for the Vaio because of the snob value of Sony as suggested by RSM! And regarding offers its "Aadi" month here so already am getting good discounts and also USB fan , USB light , wireless mouse , wireless headphone , USB mouse , laptop bag and still many more for a good 1.5k. ( this offer is irrespective of what laptop i buy).

See in electronic items can have issue with anybody, sad to know your friend has problems with it. But I know quite a lot people who is pretty happy with Dell.
No experience/information on Acer, so can't comment. I know its cheaper. Also, I would suggest you to get quote from Compaq (HP) also, that has lesser price and excellent product.

Thread Starter #6
Well i agree RSM electronic items are unpredictable , if taken proper care they will last long! Am not looking to expand my choices now so not considering HP. Again the problem is the difference between Vaio and Dell is just around 4k. If i suggest Dell to my dad , he being a Sony fan will defiinitely opt for Sony as the difference is much lesser when compared to Acer! But the LCD display of Vaio is just amazing to watch!

Acer is good. Dell is excellent! Vaio is bad. i have several experiences with vaio and it all was bad. after 1-2 years of usage, the motherboard starts giving problems. plus, sony does not fix this problem. I suggest u have a look at the MacBook Pro. Around the same budget but meets your requirements.

Thread Starter #8
Hmmm am getting more confused now!! All i am looking for is a good service back-up as we are planning to have this laptop for long term.

And also which of these has a good battery back-up? Also what about the picture clarity and sound quality as my dad will sometimes use it for watching movies also.

MacBook Pro has superb battery backup!! picture clarity is awesome!! i am not too sure about sound quality but except this Macbook Pro suits you perfectly!

Thread Starter #10
Hmmm lets see but am not much interested in Macbook pro. It has to be either Acer ( my choice) or Vaio ( dad's choice)!!

Switch over to Dell is my suggestion, Because my cousin used to watch movies in her ACER laptop & it went kaput within a few months, now lying safely in the bag with no use anymore.
Sony is not that good at all. As you can see in their website of how much they have recalled after sales for replacement.
My pick would have been DELL.

Why not consider an HP pavilion? Anyway, Dell and Vaio are the way to go. One thing, what is the screen size you need? For your budget, the DEll 15 studio seems goo.

Thread Starter #14
@ All i don know what happened to my dad he is suddenly saying that we shall buy Acer as Dell and Vaio are costly with the same features!

Top Bottom