A Day Drive To Delhi - Alwar - Delhi in Wagon-R: Jan 2012

Thread Starter #1
Due to some urgent personal work visited Alwar on 22nd Jan 2012 with my couple of relatives.

After conversion of wagon-R to CNG i rarely used it on highways; After conversion i hate driving her on highways, i always felt that someone is sitting in boot and on sharp bends tail of the car move in opposite direction in total handling and braking becomes quite annoying.

So this time borrowed my in laws one year old Wagon-R duo which incidentally got company fitted LPG, searched for LPG stations list in Alwar online and found one IOCL filing station behind cross point mall.

Route taken: Delhi-Gurgaon-Dharuhera-Bhiwadi-Tapukara-Tijara-Chikani-Alwar

Some stats of this trip:

Total distance covered: 410KM
Start time: 5:30AM
End time: 7:00PM
Total hours: 13.5Hrs
Total toll: 21+27+67+27+21=163
Total LPG: Rs1300

Started at 5:30AM from my place in Delhi to Alwar with no plan in hands, roads are mostly empty and love to drive in morning its complete nirvana, missing highways badly from last few weeks got the chance and here I am.

I was aware of new highway was completed but not sure about it condition so rushed towards Bhiwadi hurriedly, NH-8 was in complete mess with lots of diversions due to ongoing road widening work till Jaipur.

After reaching Bhiwadi toll plaza paid Rs 67 toll tax which includes return journey, this toll slip is valid on toll plazas on Bhiwadi-Alwar-Bhiwadi route so keept it on safe place. Bhiwadi-Alwar route is quite scenic with such a beautiful road, amazing is the word for them reached Alwar in no time; roads are wide and empty with lots of yellow mustard plant on both sides of highway with small mountains and lovely sunrise view along the highway made my drive stress free.

With nostop drive reached Alwar by 8:30AM, got the LPG filled first from the IOCL service station located behind the cross point mall. Had Samosa and Jalebi in breakfast, completed my urgent personal work by 9:30AM and we are free to roam now, i read about Sariska quite a lot and thought of giving it a try but not sure about the vehicle permits as my relatives visited that place two year back in their own vehicle and they insisted on giving it a try again.

I am really sorry for the poor picture quality as most of the pics are taken from moving car and that too with mobile camera; I forgot to carry my camera

Find below the pics of our journey from Delhi to Alwar:

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Thread Starter #2
Re: A day drive to Delhi-Alwar-Delhi in WagonR:Jan 2012

Log Continue...

Sariska is situated 37KM away from Alwar, we started from Alwar at 9:30AM and reached Sariska in an hour, road was quite brilliant with even surface, except for last couple of kilometers which were filled with large potholes.

Soon we reached the permit office but to our utter disappointment no private vehicles are allowed today, as per the new rule private vehicles are allowed on Tuesday and Saturday only, from year 2010 only jeep safaris are allowed in Sariska which leaves at 7:00PM and 1:00PM and prior bookings for them are require, they can accommodate on spot tourists only if seats are available, it was 10:30PM and still 2:30 Hrs are left for next jeep so we decided to leave Sariska tour for some other day, i was also not too keen for Jeep safari and want to drive my vehicle inside, i will definitely visit this place soon.

Started my return journey to Alwar reached in a hour, had lunch at Cross point mall food court which was almost empty, read quite a lot about Prem pavitra bhojanlaya but it was deserted so skipped it. After our lunch visited Company garden and stroll there for some time and we unanimously decided to visit famous Jain temple of Tijara en route, temple was located couple of Kms away from the main highway, got moderate rush due to Sunday and parking was filled with Delhi registered vehicles. After our temple visit started for Delhi and reached home by 7:00PM traffic was light throughout on Alwar-Delhi section and chaotic on NH-8, surprisingly found very less traffic at Gurgaon toll plaza.

Find below the pics of our journey from Alwar to Sariska:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Thread Starter #3
Re: A day drive to Delhi-Alwar-Delhi in WagonR:Jan 2012

Log Continue...

Find below pics of our journey from Sariska to Alwar:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Thread Starter #4
Log continue:

Find below the pics of our visit to cross point mall and company garden:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Thread Starter #6
Log continue:

After Jain temple visit we headed straight back to Delhi, below is the last set of pics, notice the under construction residential apartments which are coming up in Bhiwadi.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Above post concludes this log, will visit Sariska soon with camera this time and will post log soon.

Hope you enjoyed this log too.

Regards

TG

[:)]

Top Bottom