A Cheery Hello To All

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,

I guess my introduction is a bit belated because I am here since February. But I always believe that it is better late than never, so here goes my introduction.

I am Marcus Brutus, better known as "Brute", (but not 'brute' [anger]). [:D] I took up this pseudonym after studying Julius Caeser in class IX. Since then, Shakespeare has always been one of my favourites. I prefer not to disclose my age, but I am not so young so that I can be called a minor nor am I so old that people can address me as 'Aunty' (Except for kids below 5 years). I am a student and currently located in Bangalore.

I am interested in automobiles in general but brushing shoulders with real driving experience started only after I bought my first car last month. (I have narrated the whole experience in ownership review). All these days I have been reading only theoretical aspects of cars (e.g. - S.U.V. = Sports Utility Vehicles. Meaning - from Wikipedia; Torque - Meaning from physics book, ratio - mixing up with ratio and proportion in mathematics and ratio in law etc. ).

But I am seriously interested in learning about the practical as well technical aspects of automobiles. It is really unfortunate that even now we see so many inept and incompetent, I am sorry, let me rephrase, ummm ... not-so-proficient female drivers. [cry]

I personally wish to be not only a good driver but also a sensible, responsible and caring vehicle owner with some amount of technical knowhow.

I seek assistance from the expert "Petrol heads" here. Please help me to prove that women and automobiles are not antithetical to each other.

Thank you Automotive India.

Regards,

Brutus.

Hi Brutus,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Must say this is one of the most interesting intros so far. Do share more about your rides. You may also post the ownership report in a separate thread. In case you require any assistance, feel free to contact us.
Have a pleasant stay.

Cheers,
Akash

Hello Brute
Welcome aboard,its really great to see a female enthusiast(before today I just read about them in magazines).
About practical knowledge,what you need to do is drive,drive and drive.More you will drive more your skills will refine.
Since you have read the theory,now you can implement it this way(I too learnt using this technique only):-
You read about tyre sizes like say 145/65 R13 okay,now go to your car and try to find out such figures on the tyres.This size is given this way:-
145:width of tyre in mm.
65:tyre sidewall width in mm.
R13:13 inch is wheel diameter(just rim excluding tyre).

Same way you can learn about engine oil,brake oil etc etc,there is a lot to learn in fact if I'll try to explain then half of my life will pass in this only.

Wishing you a happy stay on the forum...

Welcome aboard The Automotive India Marcus. Nice to see a lady who has an enthusiasm and love for cars. Wish we had more similar minded women. Have a great time here[:)]

Hello Brutus Welcome back to TAI.

I am Marcus Brutus, better known as "Brute", (but not 'brute' [anger]). I took up this pseudonym after studying Julius Caeser in class IX. Since then, Shakespeare has always been one of my favourites.
Thank you Automotive India.
Regards,
Brutus.
Ah i Remember that Chapter when i was in Class IX too, While reading that chapter Brutus was a great Villain to me, Hope you aren't now[:D]

I seek assistance from the expert "Petrol heads" here. Please help me to prove that women and automobiles are not antithetical to each other.
We are there to help you and we also look forward for your active participation on this forum.

Please do contact the team if you need any kind of assistance[:)]

Well,you people have sent me back in the past...

Actually it was not "YOU TOO BRUTUS!!"

Instead it was "ET TU BRUTE"!!!
Since Brutus(DECIOUS BRUTUS) was the one who stabbed on the heart of the Ceaser...:lol!:
It looks like I am not always out of mind,see I remember what I studies more than 5 years back...

Thread Starter #9
Thanks all. It feels great to be a part of this site. It has already helped me a lot. In fact, I am spending more time reading the threads here than on facebook. I thoroughly enjoyed the GREAT debate - SUV v. Sedan.

Ah i Remember that Chapter when i was in Class IX too, While reading that chapter Brutus was a great Villain to me, Hope you aren't now[:D]
Lol I guess you will find out soon whether I am a villain or not [:)] My mere assertion will not be a proof to the contrary. But you see, "Brutus is a nobleman".

One thing I need to know is how to quote multiple people in one reply? Can somebody please help me there?

Well,you people have sent me back in the past...

Actually it was not "YOU TOO BRUTUS!!"

Instead it was "ET TU BRUTE"!!!

Since Brutus(DECIOUS BRUTUS) was the one who stabbed on the heart of the Ceaser...:lol!:
It looks like I am not always out of mind,see I remember what I studies more than 5 years back...
I think he just said that in plain English instead of Latin cause the medium for discussions in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct is restricted to English language only.

One thing I need to know is how to quote multiple people in one reply? Can somebody please help me there?
Click on the Plus Sign ("+) next to Quote located on the right side bottom on all the posts you want to reply to and then click on Post reply. This can help:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...892-quoting-single-multiple-posts-thread.html

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Brutus, Welcome to The Automotive India. Glad to see a female member who is equally enthusiastic about automobiles and is willing to learn more about them. I can vouch that your thread (driving experience) has been of great help. I asked one of my relatives who is new to driving to go through it and she found it quite helpful. Have a fruitful interaction on board and please feel free to get in touch with our team for forum-related assistance. :smile:
All these days I have been reading only theoretical aspects of cars (e.g. - S.U.V. = Sports Utility Vehicles. Meaning - from Wikipedia; Torque - Meaning from physics book, ratio - mixing up with ratio and proportion in mathematics and ratio in law etc. ).
This link might be of some help: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/104-automotive-terms-definitions.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom