A 7 Day Trip Travelogue Of Dubai!

Thread Starter #16
yes, i visited carrefour & many other electronic shops like jumbo & others for my phone. but in every shop, my phone costed the same!

finally i bought my phone from a small outlet in the Mall of Emirates called 'fono'. it was like our 'mobile store' & was exclusively for mobile phones & was not crowded like other stores.

350Z

Core Team
metro charges are like 110 Rs. for a ride to the 4th station from your station for gold class & around Rs. 50 in normal class. but metro service is hi-fi, very systematic, neat, classy & the stations are jaw dropping. very stylish & full of escalators & walkalators so that you dont need to walk much. everything is automated in the stations & even the trains have no drivers!!!

one nice thing i noticed about dubai is their innovative toll booths. there are no toll gates. there is just a pillar on top of the road with a signboard stating that it is a toll booth. it has a sensor. every car in dubai MUST be fitted with a sticker on its windshield. this sticker is available at every petrol bunk & is like your mobile prepaid service. you can recharge it with some amount & when a car passes under the toll pillar, the sensor on the pillar automatically cuts some amount from the sticker. when the amount balance amount on the sticker becomes very less, you are notified by a message on your cellphone. then you can recharge it. so no need to stop at the toll gate & this reduces traffic.
Awesome! I'm really impressed with that kind of management Dubai has, A must for India but unfortunately it will just remain as a dream for us but fantastic, I liked the toll booth and automated metro rail system.

Hey BTW, Where are the pics of Nissan 350Z which you mentioned in above review? Also, What's the glittering thing in last pic?

Drive Safe,
350Z

yes, i visited carrefour & many other electronic shops
t crowded like other stores.
I had visited that particular mall for buying watches.
It was long back buddy somewhere in 2003.
Now things have really changed there.
Did you visit Sharjah, Esp Bardubai where clothes are sold for cheap price.

Even i like the toll booth concept! But one doubt suppose if we don have any balance left to enter the toll booth then what is the case??

And that is why Dubai is maintaining such a good innovative toll booth! In our country neither do we have hefty fines and in order to compliment that most of the police officials are also corrupt!!

dubai is the most modern and busiest of the 7 emirates in uae. the capital abudhabi is more traditional, u wont find much skyscrapers.

i am attaching some pics of the famous Sheik Zayed Mosque in abu dhabi, which reminds me of Thaj Mahal everytime i see it ( just said for the sake of it, i havent seen thaj mahal until now)

Attachments

@ raaj, thanks man. i am flattened. happy that you liked the pics.

@mukeshus - this place is called sheik zayed mosque in abu dhabi. its open for people of all religions. anybody in and around uae, make sure that you visit this place.

Last edited by a moderator:
@raj, thanks for info about costs. fines are really hefty but i guess this is also the reason why there everyone follows rules unlike india + less corruption.btw, if some normal middle class person wants to live there, will it be affordable overall? because i've seen some labors going to UAE for work purposes.

Thread Starter #30
if they are given accomodation, then its fine. but living on your own cost in dubai will turn out to be too expensive. hence many middle class indian dont take their families to dubai even if they are working there. that ways, they can share a single room apartment with 3-5 other men & save on rent.

Top Bottom