7" Touch Screen 2 DIN ICE for Safari Storme in Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking for 2 DIN ICE with TOUCH SCREEN, USB, Navigation, Reverse camera display for Safari Storme in Bangalore.

Did anyone has done this so faar ?

I have been asking dealer's for the same, and they are not ready to do that.

Thanks,
Raj

First of all, I am not sure what kind of opening safari has for the receiver in the dash. Below are general recommendations, if that helps anyway.

Check out mapmyindia.com for the product you are looking for. You could get JVC or pioneer units but I am not sure about the map coverage. Mapmyindia should have a broad coverage in india.
You need to buy another reverse camera to get the display.
Any local accessories shop should be able to fit that without cutting factory wires.(this is a must to tackle warranty void issue)

Last edited:
accessories shop have a ready made pannel and they fit 2 din Audio touch screen ICE for Safari STORME

You have many brands like pioneer,convex and some korean brands also are there in the market.You can see AUTOCAR magazine for more brands Jan2013 book has it

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
accessories shop have a ready made pannel and they fit 2 din Audio touch screen ICE for Safari STORME

You have many brands like pioneer,convex and some korean brands also are there in the market.You can see AUTOCAR magazine for more brands Jan2013 book has it
First of all, I am not sure what kind of opening safari has for the receiver in the dash. Below are general recommendations, if that helps anyway.

Check out mapmyindia.com for the product you are looking for. You could get JVC or pioneer units but I am not sure about the map coverage. Mapmyindia should have a broad coverage in india.
You need to buy another reverse camera to get the display.
Any local accessories shop should be able to fit that without cutting factory wires.(this is a must to tackle warranty void issue)

@hardprem19, @ifti_sit: Thank you guys for the information. I will keep updating this thread after the relevant find.

Hey mynexsus,

Please post a picture of your storme with double din touch screen ICE. Even i am also looking for the same for my beast. I think this is the place where TATA did a blunder by no providing even space for a 2 DIN ICE [anger]. BTW there are many brands which come with flip out screen but i personally think they are not durable because some times the screen stuck in the console itself and does not come out. One of my friend installed that flip out screen and now the screen is stuck inside.
thanks..

@Mukesh:Single din itself is enough man.In storme any ways the gear lever is going to hide the display then why do you guys want a double dine?Even single din players with touchscreen and DVD are every much available in the market.

Hi All,

I am looking for 2 DIN ICE with TOUCH SCREEN, USB, Navigation, Reverse camera display for Safari Storme in Bangalore.

Did anyone has done this so faar ?

I have been asking dealer's for the same, and they are not ready to do that.

Thanks,
Raj
Hi Raj,

Can you please specify your budget?

I am buying Pioneer AVH-5590BT which cost 25k.

I have searched the ICE market from top to bottom before deciding on Pioneer AVH-5590BT. Let me know your budget and i shall help as much as i can.

Cheers,
Sankar

Thread Starter #8
Hi Raj,

Can you please specify your budget?

I am buying Pioneer AVH-5590BT which cost 25k.

I have searched the ICE market from top to bottom before deciding on Pioneer AVH-5590BT. Let me know your budget and i shall help as much as i can.

Cheers,
Sankar
Hi Sankar,

Thank you for the information.
Have you got the Pioneer AVH-5590BT for your storme fitted ?
If Yes, please post the pic for the same here.

My budget is 20k.

Thanks,
Raj

@mynexus
Be sure you buy with navigation/reverse camera/bluetooth if you are spending 20-25K. I think Sankar got one with out navigation as he does not require one. He got a Dzire and not Storme. I think there are some JVC models which got all the features you are asking for.

Guys, any update in this, please post pic of the music system if anyone has installed the same on Storme.

How do you fit a 2DIN in Storme without cutting/modifying the dash slot?

As far I have seen OEM stereo in Storme is 1 DIN.

Please post a picture of you dash and present set up.

Thread Starter #12
What i found out from TATA showroom is that, there will be change in the Dashboard to make room for 2-din (for the existing Storme buyers).

There are not sure, when that is happening. But it will happen for sure.

Thanks,
Raj

Hi Sankar,

Thank you for the information.
Have you got the Pioneer AVH-5590BT for your storme fitted ?
If Yes, please post the pic for the same here.

My budget is 20k.

Thanks,
Raj
Oops sorry for misleading you. My car is Dzire in which i have installed 7in multimedia system Pioneer AVH-X5590BT. You will get the HU at 24k and is actually a gem of a system with almost all features that Pioneer's top of the line model AVH-X8490BT has. As per my knowledge normally they replace the slot where HU si fixed and a new slot capable of holding 2 din system is installed. I am sure such a setup is possible in expensive vehicles like Safari Storme. Do go for Touch screen multimedia HU and connect the reverse sensors and camera to the HU instead of placing a screen in rear view mirror. This gives the dash a neat and uncluttered look.

Regards,
Sankar

Oops sorry for misleading you. My car is Dzire in which i have installed 7in multimedia system Pioneer AVH-X5590BT. You will get the HU at 24k and is actually a gem of a system with almost all features that Pioneer's top of the line model AVH-X8490BT has. As per my knowledge normally they replace the slot where HU si fixed and a new slot capable of holding 2 din system is installed. I am sure such a setup is possible in expensive vehicles like Safari Storme. Do go for Touch screen multimedia HU and connect the reverse sensors and camera to the HU instead of placing a screen in rear view mirror. This gives the dash a neat and uncluttered look.

Regards,
Sankar
Hi Sankar,

I recently switched to Pioneer ( AVH-X series) from JVC . The JPEG image quality and video quality is not that good compated to JVC units. Not talking about the stock display or default background images - they are stunning anyways. When I view images stored in my USB drive, they look horrible. Can't even imaging setting my own custom image as the background. This was not the case with JVC ( AV 50).

Also, with the same reverse camera (Minda) the video is poor compared to JVC.

Whats your feedback ? Or its just my unit ?

Sound quality is great. More brighter than JVC. High frequency bands always need to be flat[:)]

Top Bottom