7" Touch Screen 2 DIN ICE for Safari Storme in Bangalore

Hi Sankar,

I recently switched to Pioneer ( AVH-X series) from JVC . The JPEG image quality and video quality is not that good compated to JVC units. Not talking about the stock display or default background images - they are stunning anyways. When I view images stored in my USB drive, they look horrible. Can't even imaging setting my own custom image as the background. This was not the case with JVC ( AV 50).

Also, with the same reverse camera (Minda) the video is poor compared to JVC.

Whats your feedback ? Or its just my unit ?

Sound quality is great. More brighter than JVC. High frequency bands always need to be flat[:)]
Actually i haven't actually seen Video quality of JVC players so can't comment on Pioneer vs JVC and which is best on Video quality. Personally i think Video quality on my Pioneer AVH-X5590BT is superb. I haven't tested quality of pics till now in my system so can't comment on that aspect. I am using Xenos reverse camera and sensors. They show me crystal clear video on daylight and i am wowed by the quality of reverse camera's output. But during night time visibility is a bit poor in low light conditions which can be a bit mitigated by applying small amount of brakes which activates the brake lights in the rear and visibility through camera is a bit better. Also during night reverse sensors come in handy and i refer the sensors more than the camera.

If you have issues with poor video quality then their might be an issues with the reverse camera rather than any issue with the pioneer HU. I absolutely agree to your last point. Pioneer simple are miles ahead in SQ when compared to JVC. They sound too good and with the help of Mitrax my car is sometimes called Disco on wheels by some of my friends.[lol]

Do let me know which Pioneer HU you use and i can do a bit more research on why it's not preforming as per your expectations.

Regards,
Sankar

Hey nexus, why don't you join us with your Storme on Saturday during our meet at Jain farms, Hosur. We would love to see your ride and your 2 DIN

Actually i haven't actually seen Video quality of JVC players so can't comment on Pioneer vs JVC and which is best on Video quality. Personally i think Video quality on my Pioneer AVH-X5590BT is superb. I haven't tested quality of pics till now in my system so can't comment on that aspect. I am using Xenos reverse camera and sensors. They show me crystal clear video on daylight and i am wowed by the quality of reverse camera's output. But during night time visibility is a bit poor in low light conditions which can be a bit mitigated by applying small amount of brakes which activates the brake lights in the rear and visibility through camera is a bit better. Also during night reverse sensors come in handy and i refer the sensors more than the camera.

If you have issues with poor video quality then their might be an issues with the reverse camera rather than any issue with the pioneer HU. I absolutely agree to your last point. Pioneer simple are miles ahead in SQ when compared to JVC. They sound too good and with the help of Mitrax my car is sometimes called Disco on wheels by some of my friends.[lol]

Do let me know which Pioneer HU you use and i can do a bit more research on why it's not preforming as per your expectations.

Regards,
Sankar
Sent you PM as this discussion should be made offline.[:)]

Guys, is there any one who has installed 2Din system in storme or we are just discussing the possibility of it? If yes then can we have a picture of the music system so that other storme owners like me can get the same thing.

Hey Storme guys, even i am interested for 2 DIN music system but looking at the dash size and A.C placement I am highly doubtful. Request you guys who gone for after market fitment kindly post the picture.

Thread Starter #22
Has any one installed 2 din above the AC ?
I was searching on WEB, to see that atleast one person installed 2 din ICE in Storme..
Till now i did not find any post/pic ...

Has anyone done this ?

Thread Starter #23
Hey mynexsus,

Please post a picture of your storme with double din touch screen ICE. Even i am also looking for the same for my beast. I think this is the place where TATA did a blunder by no providing even space for a 2 DIN ICE [anger]. BTW there are many brands which come with flip out screen but i personally think they are not durable because some times the screen stuck in the console itself and does not come out. One of my friend installed that flip out screen and now the screen is stuck inside.
thanks..
@mukesh,

Did you got 2 DIN done for your storme ?

@mukesh,

Did you got 2 DIN done for your storme ?
No Buddy, i did not get the 2 Din system. Actually the slot where the current system is installed is not appropriate to install 2 Din and i did not like the explorer version, that is useless. The other options are flip out screens but with due time they also stops working. So no plans to install 2 DIN.

Thread Starter #25
So no 2 din for safari storme's yet....!!!
This is bad.

What about head rest monitor's ?
Are there any Android Tablets as head rest monitors ?

Hi @mynexsus! i went through this discussion about two din ICE for Storme. I have booked Storme Vx 4x2 version. since the Tata people are not providing any ICE[frustration], therefore i decided to install my own. After extensive browsing on the internet, I have zeroed to mapmyindia two din system (ICENAV 701/501) which has everything you would want in a ICE including touch screen, navigation, cd player,USB/Aux, Video input for reverse sensor/ bluetooth connectivity and on top of that you get a steering wheel control too[clap].
Since it's a aftermarket fitment, i inquired with the accessories shop and they said that it could be fitted on the Storme. My car will be delivered on Dhanteras and i will be getting it fitted on the same day. You can check out the map my india site too. I hope this should help. Thank you.

Hi, You can get Blaupunkt 2din HU as a part of explorer kit or it can be bought separately. The Tata showroom sells it or you can get it from outside as the storme is already wired up for this unit.

How about installing the 2-DIN in the top a la Mercedes. I believe there is a slot in the Ex and Lx. Even in the Vx, it can be done. Should look cool.

Top Bottom