5000 Kms Road Trip: Daman - Haveri, Chitradurga, Mysore, Kerala

A very nice narration along with equally good photos. Your travelouge is awaking the driver in me to hell long trip like yours. Enjoyed every bit of this thread. Did you face any language problem there down south. Does police stop car when one cross the inter state borders?

Great travelogue and nice photos. Your Manza looks great in green background, really best car for comfortable long drives. From your photos it was observed that the clock display in 24hours setting not correct, in bright day light it shows 20:27 hrs.
Kindly post more photos and also the toll details please.

Thread Starter #50
Thank you visran,Appu,sandy_fluidic and mohan.shocks.

Glad to know that you people are enjoying reading this travelogue.

Man Purely enjoying this thread,thanks for taking time to write up this thread
Need to thank you you too for researching and finding auto news and posting for us everyday.

Really a colorful travelouge,

+1 to Visran. Me too enjoying a lot
Trying to make it more colourful with the collection of pictures from places visited.

A very nice narration along with equally good photos. Your travelouge is awaking the driver in me to hell long trip like yours. Enjoyed every bit of this thread. Did you face any language problem there down south. Does police stop car when one cross the inter state borders?
Private cars are not checked by Poilice at interstate borders. During the entire 5000 km journey only once at Karnataka - Tamil Nadu border, Police asked about where we are coming from and which is the destination.

There is no language problem for me in down South because I know Tamil and Malayalam and I am from Kerala with current location as Daman.

Great travelogue and nice photos. Your Manza looks great in green background, really best car for comfortable long drives. From your photos it was observed that the clock display in 24hours setting not correct, in bright day light it shows 20:27 hrs.
Kindly post more photos and also the toll details please.
Manza is really comfortable for long drives.
Good observation regarding time display. It was 12 hours ahead and actual time was 8:27 AM at that time. Corrected susequently.

Thread Starter #54
remembering my every year Sabarimalai trip on those roads :)
Most of the roads here are green zones.
Those in pictures above are in Palakkad and Malappuram districts and not Sabarimala road.

Great house you have in Kerala. I am sure you would have had a great fun-filled childhood there.
Well that was real fun days

That house is 32 years old.

You took me down the memory lane. Those fun filled days spend on Mango trees and surroundings just flashes through mind as if it was yesterday and its a story more than quarter century old.

In those days there was a big Jack fruit tree in front and those open space was lined up with tall drooping Ashoka trees. Landscape changed, trees and flowers changed and time moves on.

Two more pictures (three years old)

DSC00053a.jpg

DSC00198a.jpg

Fantastic pics and enjoying this travelogue to the core!
Nice house you got there, i am always in awe of the greenery in Kerala (God's own country for a good reason).
Rating the thread a full 5 stars!

You got a nice lawn out there buddy absolutely cool climate, i feel like i want to get lost from these cities and be there forever.

Thread Starter #57
Fantastic pics and enjoying this travelogue to the core!
Nice house you got there, i am always in awe of the greenery in Kerala (God's own country for a good reason).
Rating the thread a full 5 stars!
Thank you Iron Rock.

Pictures in this thread are taken on a peak summer (May 2012). Its much more green by July.

Continuing with Mysore trip.

Before reaching Nilambur, we took a right turn at a 4 way junction as shown in google maps. (There was a route in google maps to reach Vazhikkadavu with out going to Nilambur. This same route was suggested by a known person also)
After taking a right turn, we stopped to check with local people to confirm our route. They said its a wrong one and pointed towards Nilambur route.
Confused and then decided to go by local advice. Took a u turn there. Did not notice that the ground was digged just off the tar road for telephone cables and partially covered.

A thud sound and found that left front tyre is fully inside a pit.

Local people there were so kind to help us immediately without waiting for a second. Engaged reverse gear and with a helping push by those gathered we were back on road again. Thanked them and continued towards Nilambur.

Other than a broken mud flap no other damage to any part including bumper.

Nilampur is land of Teak wood. Home to world's oldest Teak plantation called conolly's plot established in 1840. This was meant for ensuring continous supply of quality Teak wood for the British. It is said that world's tallest and biggest Teak tree is in Nilambur.

Bamboos are also seen in large quantity in Nilambur.
Name "Nilambur" means "the place of Nilimba" and "Nilimba" is a Sanskrit word for Bamboo.

DSC00940n.jpg

DSC00941n.jpg

DSC00945n.jpg

Private cars are not checked by Poilice at interstate borders. During the entire 5000 km journey only once at Karnataka - Tamil Nadu border, Police asked about where we are coming from and which is the destination.

There is no language problem for me in down South because I know Tamil and Malayalam and I am from Kerala with current location as Daman.
Ooops Sorry. I didnt know you are from kerala. It means you are redsident of heaven. Such a beautiful places came to my knowledge only because of your travelouge. Keep coming good photos. Everyone is enjoying it.

Thread Starter #60
You got a nice lawn out there buddy absolutely cool climate, i feel like i want to get lost from these cities and be there forever.
Thanks Manjoo.
Me too think that way but the need to be in a different place due to my work make me to restrict to a visit once in a year mostly.

Did you try out Dosa from a place called Mylari in Mysore?
No I could not. What is the speciality there?
Shall try next time.

Such a beautiful places came to my knowledge only because of your travelouge. Keep coming good photos. Everyone is enjoying it.
Thanks sandy. More pictures are coming for you all.

Top Bottom