4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install (W+Pics)

Great recommendations tdautoz [clap]. My bad i have ordered already. Hope this will be helpful in future and others who want led lights.
Thank You SubbuAR. Hope the lights you ordered will give you appropriate light. Have seen few good feedback for those lights on Amazon India. Do share your output pics[:)]

Hi All,

Below are the pictures for LED Conversion kits installed on 2nd Gen Mahindra XUV500 for feedback. Initially the output was not good enough, however, customer wanted to use the same light and we guided over phone to get the best output out of it. After efforts of approx 3-4hrs aligning just the HIGH Beam below is the output which he got. Hope you all like it too.

Just High Beam of XUV500 - "UGLARE - 55W 5000K H7 LED Conversion Kits"

Just the fog Lights of XUV500 (alignment not done, just Installed directly) - "UGLARE - 55W 4300K H8 LED Conversion Kits"

Awaiting Feedbacks [;)]

Regards
TDAutoz

Guys is it normal to have interference in FM reception after installing HID kits?
After the installation of HID kits, whenever I turn on the lights, even the OEM LED parking light, the FM signal gets distorted.
Even on applying the brake the signal gets scrambled. I have a Hyundai Creta. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Thread Starter #230

bhvm

Honoured Member
Guys is it normal to have interference in FM reception after installing HID kits?
After the installation of HID kits, whenever I turn on the lights, even the OEM LED parking light, the FM signal gets distorted.
Even on applying the brake the signal gets scrambled. I have a Hyundai Creta. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Yes Its common. Thats due to High frequency PWM driver used in these things. But it certainly should'nt happen in STOCK lamps. There could be a grounding issue. I suggest you check all the lamp and battery/Body grounds. Rust formation is a common culprit.

Yes Its common. Thats due to High frequency PWM driver used in these things. But it certainly should'nt happen in STOCK lamps. There could be a grounding issue. I suggest you check all the lamp and battery/Body grounds. Rust formation is a common culprit.
Thanks. I haven't even touched battery connections or other electrical components. Just swapped stock halogens with HID.
I will check again.

Thread Starter #232

bhvm

Honoured Member
Just unplug the HID ballasts and see if Noise persists. There shouldn't be any Noise of the HID is turned off. If the Noise stays with HID unplugged, its something else.

It could be possible that Creta needs a Canbus ballast as it could be constantly probing A signal to Headlight connections to check its integrity. Many germans do this. They also throw a Bulb out error when Non-canbus HID is installed.

Just unplug the HID ballasts and see if Noise persists. There shouldn't be any Noise of the HID is turned off. If the Noise stays with HID unplugged, its something else.
Thanks, will try doing this.

It could be possible that Creta needs a Canbus ballast as it could be constantly probing A signal to Headlight connections to check its integrity. Many germans do this. They also throw a Bulb out error when Non-canbus HID is installed.
The ballast has a CAN-BUS adapter. I am using the Osram Xenarc 4200K HID Kit.

Thanks.
Not sure if the problem is fixed yet. Hope i am not too late. [:)]

Try using few Ferrite Choke on the wire of HID Ballasts. That might solve the problem. Normally its the same thing which is used to avoid EMC/RFI interference. Its the same thing used in laptop charges.

Alternative you can also try changing the position of ballast or swapping them from left to right and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Not sure if the problem is fixed yet. Hope i am not too late. [:)]

Try using few Ferrite Choke on the wire of HID Ballasts. That might solve the problem. Normally its the same thing which is used to avoid EMC/RFI interference. Its the same thing used in laptop charges.

Alternative you can also try changing the position of ballast or swapping them from left to right and vice versa.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip. Will try using Ferrite chokes.
I guess, these will do: https://www.amazon.in/Invento-8944638610724-Suppressor-Ferrite-Filter/dp/B06XF7ZYC5
How many do you recommend to put on the wires?

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip. Will try using Ferrite chokes.
I guess, these will do: https://www.amazon.in/Invento-8944638610724-Suppressor-Ferrite-Filter/dp/B06XF7ZYC5
How many do you recommend to put on the wires?

Thanks.
Yes it should be ok. i guess one or two would be more than enough .. just try using two, one on each side and see if there is any improvement and in case it works you can increase the number if required. Also, double check the wire dia to ensure the fitment.

Hope this helps. [;)]

Hi All,

We have added few exceptional quality range of products and would like to know everyone's feedback. Main feature:
- 5 degree Super Spot Beam/10 degree Spot Beam/20 degree Flood Beam
- Genuine 20W CREE XHP50/ 10W XML U2/ 2 x 5 Philips Lumileds LXZ2 Led chip used
- High Grade Aluminium 6063 Housing with Anodized surface for keeping led cool

Model Details:

1- Modular LED Pods - X1 10W 1000LM Smallest Pods - These pods can be used to build 10-50 inch led light bar or Work Light

Super-Bright-2inch-10W-20W-LED-Work.jpg
HTB1dVvEg3KTBuNkSne1q6yJoXXa6.jpg
High-Power-LED-Working-Light-Waterproof-IP68.jpg
HTB1ReBVHXXXXXXoXXXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

2- Modular LED Pods - X2 10W 1000LM - These can be used to build 6-50 inch led light bar or Array Lights or even Dual row LED Light bar etc. Very flexible.

Mini-Bright-2inch-LED-Work-Light-Square.jpg
Automotive-LED-Flood-Work-Light-Cube-40W (4).jpg
HTB1Pe63bxtnkeRjSZSgq6xAuXXaf.jpg
HTB1ITcsFwmTBuNjy1Xbq6yMrVXae.jpg
HTB1xAbWeHZnBKNjSZFKq6AGOVXaG.jpg

3- Cube Work Light 40W 4000LM Super Spot beam with Real Testing Images - Two options - one with 2 x 20W CREE XHP50 LED with Single lens another with 4 x 10W CREE XML U2 with 4D design and backlight

2017-new-item-high-power-20W-CREE.jpg
Auto-accessory-dc-motor-12v-40w-led (2).jpg
2017-new-item-high-power-20W-CREE (5).jpg
40_1.jpg
40_2.jpg
40_3.jpg

As per the spec below is the beam pattern along with Lumens power.
40_4.jpg

4- 18MM Thick Slimmest and light weight LED LIGHT BAR - 10 inch to 50 inch
IMG-20170602-WA0003.jpg

Do share your feedback. [;)]

Regards
TDAutoz

4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install

After waiting for FCA for a year to come up with a solution for the weak headlights on the Jeep Compass, I finally got frustrated enough to upgrade to HIDs.
During my research for the upgrade I considered all the top brands for HID & LED including Morimoto. I also bought 2 pairs of Philips HIR 9011 halogens as advised by Behemoth in the forum. Thanks for your advice Behemoth, the light output from the 9011 are better than the stock headlamps. Not your fault that I was still not satisfied with the throw and lumen output. I got a couple of scares owing to the low throw distance of the halogen lamps.
I came across a hobbyist by the name of Abhishek (+919818952900). This guy has invested a lot of time to understand the different kits and components used in the making of a HID/LED lamp. He started out to get upgrades for his own cars and then ended up getting lamps made to specification and delivered for friends and then friends of friend’s cars. I was convinced by his in-depth knowledge on the subject and went for an HID imported by him under the brand name UGlare. The said set emits 3200 Lumens at 4500Kelvin, so it is not white but whiter than the stock halogens. The stock headlamps were ~1650 Lumens so increased brightness is immediately visible, and the throw distance is marginally longer, they being limited by the shutter-like mechanism that regulates the low & high beams. I believe if the headlamp housings/projector housings can be tilted a trifle upwards the throw distance for low beam will be satisfactorily increased. Abhishek/UGlare has provided 2year warranty for the HIDs.
Below are the specifications of the HIDs for the benefit of others in the forum if they’d like to upgrade:

ASIC, highly integrated, more efficient and stable.
Copper + PET material package for input and output wires, high level quality, strong electromagnetic interference shielding function.
Precisely constant power output reaches ±0.5W, no matter the voltage from 8V-16V, the output power is always maintained at 35W to protect the car electronic system.
Smart Canbus system – approved by 99% vehicle, like BMW series F10/F20, Dodge Ram Truck series, Mercedes Benz Series, Jeep series, etc… No error message & No extra Canbus cable request.
24 months warranty

Canbus Ability Fit 99% Cars
Input Voltage 9-16V
Maximum starting current 5.5A 13.5V
Steady current 13.5V 3.1A 24V 1.7A
Output power 35W / 55W±1W
Operation frequency 200Hz
Operation temperature -40℃~+105℃
Rush starting voltage 23000V±3000V
Radiated EMI susceptibility S95/54/EC;

I’m happy with the upgrade and would readily recommend the same to fellow jeep owners.

Hello autohead,
I own a elite i20 2018 top end (comes with halogen projector). As most of you know and face with many cars which comes with halogens. Lights aren't sufficient for night highway trips.

I don't have much knowledge, but heard of HID's. That will give good visibility.

So please help me out.
1. Does installing HID in stock halogen projector will give a better visibility?

2. If Yes than which brand is best? I want bit of white look so thinking of 5000k colour temperature.

3. I have heard that turning on the car with HID on will damage the HID and it can stop working. As my car comes with Follow me headlights Feature I Am used to it.

4. As an overall appearance i want fog lamps also white lights, so what to install in them? As my city has almost very less foggy conditions.

Please Help me Out ASAP, as i have planned an upcoming trip, and want to upgrade it before the trip.

Thread Starter #240

bhvm

Honoured Member
. As most of you know and face with many cars which comes with halogens. Lights aren't sufficient for night highway trips.
Yes. Usual Cost cutting.
Does installing HID in stock halogen projector will give a better visibility?
Asbolutely. Any stock projectors (eg on XUV, Storme) are screaming for HID upgrade
If Yes than which brand is best? I want bit of white look so thinking of 5000k colour temperature.
I have used Uglare 6 years ago. You can find review in Initial pages. There are many new brands these days.
4300k is best HID color. However 5000k is still OK-OK as it will give pure WHITE beam without Bluish tinting (6000k has bluish Tinting)
I have heard that turning on the car with HID on will damage the HID and it can stop working. As my car comes with Follow me headlights Feature I Am used to it.
Yes. You need proper HID etiquette. Which has been discussed on this thread quite a few times.
Follow me Home does not cause an issue in my XUV as engine is not being cranked with FMH ON.
As an overall appearance i want fog lamps also white lights, so what to install in them? As my city has almost very less foggy conditions.
The very same HID KIT will give matched results. Check the bulb standards from your user manual. Fogs are usually H8 or H11.
And for hyundais H27.

Top Bottom