$2M Bugatti Veyron In La Marque lagoon

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
This is one of the saddest, yet most amusing sights we've ever seen. A $1.6 million Bugatti Veyron sitting in a salt water lagoon, door open, in two feet of nasty, corrosion-inducing muddy water. While the sight is sad, how the event allegedly transpired is downright hilarious. The unnamed owner of the vehicle, traveling through Galveston, Texas to look at some high-end property, was reportedly talking on his cell phone when a low-flying pelican distracted him. The driver swerved to avoid the big bird, dropped his cell phone, and in the process the front passenger tire hit a mud patch.

A quad-turbo, 16-cylinder engine may be able to get you to 60 mph in under three seconds, but it doesn't work well with mud, so the supercar made a b-line for an adjacent lagoon. The ultra rare Veyron (reportedly one of 15 copies here in the States) was still running after it rested nearly belt-line high in the salt water, as local news affiliate KHOU reported the 1,000+ hp engine "gurgled like an outboard motor for about 15 minutes before it died." It probably would have been a great idea to kill power to the engine (and even shut the door) once the Veyron hit the muck, but hey, what do we know?

Watch the below video of the Veyron as it is extracted from its salty abyss. And if you own a Veyron, let this be a lesson to you that having money doesn't necessarily mean you have the skill to drive a supercar, especially when you're on the phone.

[YT]uaQ9QKrrncY[/YT]

Source: Khou.com

Drive Safe!
350Z

Attachments

Arun

Suspended
Idiot! That is what the owner deserved. Feeling bad for the owner though.

Isn't talking on the cellphone while driving banned in the US?

Idiot! That is what the owner deserved. Feeling bad for the owner though.

Isn't talking on the cellphone while driving banned in the US?
[frustration]I'm feeling bad for the car. And talking on the cell while driving is banned throughout the world.
But still, this is hilarious![lol!]

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Quite Pity to the Owner for loosing his Veyron but on the other hand, Its a good lesson for everyone, Especially Supercar owners. Its time for his Insurance company to start worrying.

Drive Safe!
350Z

I don't know what did the owner have to say so importantly on his cellphone that he crashed his Veyro.

Just give me a door of that thing and I'll buy a hatch with the money.

Top Bottom